Fake Animals on the Safari.

Piebald

Original Poster
Will somebody please, please, please tell my friend the animals (specifically the "life threatening ones" as he says) are not fake? I am a CM and I know for a fact they are not fake but I would like it if someone offered input. He insists that he has a book, an official disney book, that claims the animals are fake. And I've insisted that he is thinking of the Jungle Cruise, but he says no. He says that Disney has fake animals because "the liability" is too high. All I want to do is have someone else respond with an intelligent response so I could send him this link and finally shut him the hell up. Thank you guys. :wave:

sbkline

I'd say that if this dude has been on the safari ride and still can't tell the difference between real animals and fake ones, he really needs to have his eyes checked.

Elephants in jungle cruise: fake

Elephants in safari: real

And if he can't tell the difference, he either has major problems with his eyesight or his IQ.

Piebald

Original Poster
Oh, I know Little Red is fake. lol.

I know the termite mounds are fake too. I've been all through the back of the safari... trust me. I know everything is real. There are a ton of reasons WHY they wouldn't be fake and I can't even fathom the thought that someone would be stupid enough to think they are. Keep these responses coming so I could link him to this and make him feel dumb.

eroyee

:wave: He HAS to be thinking of the jungle cruise. with the exception of Lil' Red on the safari, those are REAL animals. he is sadly misinformed!!:brick:

Aurora23

Everytime that I have been through there, the male lion chooses to relieve himself on top of the overlook. Now - if he was fake that sure is a strange added feature!

imagineersrock

I work at Kilimanjaro Safaris, and this is my single biggest pet peeve at work.

I absolutely hate when I'm driving around and pointing out the animals and I hear from the row behind me "faaake."

You'd be suprised how many people (like your friend) think "just because it's Disney, it's all fake." I hear it at least once, sometimes several times a day.

The animals most commonly thought of as fake are the Nile Crocodiles because for the most part they just lay there completely still all day, but trust me, anyone who's ever seen a vulture get a bit too close KNOWS those crocs are extremely real. The vultures learn the hard way.

I wish I could tell you some of the stories we have about our animals--especially regarding some of our big cats--but I can't for various reasons... but I can assure you that each and every animal you see out there on the Reserve is very VERY real.

RonAnnArbor

Your fried has obviously confused the Jungle Cruise at MK with the Safari at AK

It is true that the Imagineer's Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom very clearly states that Walt wanted real animals in the Jungle Cruise ride, but was told that this would be too large a liability as large jungle animals are too dangerous for an attraction like that. So if your fried is referring to that book, then he is indeed correct.

BUT - that does not refer to the Animal Kingdom. You can gloat as much as you want on this one, since you are correct, and he is just plain old wrong. Hold it over him until your dying day.

My guess is that you could have every CM line up for your friend to announce that the animals are real and he would not believe them. When people stubbornly refuse to be "conned" their minds are pretty much made up.

I recently viewed a terrific exhibit of paintings at a museum. My best friend refused to believe the paintings were real and swore that we must be looking at repros while the valuable "real thing" sat in storage. Even a museum employee could not change her mind. Sounds silly, but no sillier than thinking that the animals are fake and the night houses are just for show.

I wouldn't mind, however, if the crocs were fake. That cross over the bridge still makes me nervous.

wannabeBelle

I absolutely hate when I'm driving around and pointing out the animals and I hear from the row behind me "faaake."

You'd be suprised how many people (like your friend) think "just because it's Disney, it's all fake." I hear it at least once, sometimes several times a day.

The animals most commonly thought of as fake are the Nile Crocodiles because for the most part they just lay there completely still all day, but trust me, anyone who's ever seen a vulture get a bit too close KNOWS those crocs are extremely real. The vultures learn the hard way.

I wish I could tell you some of the stories we have about our animals--especially regarding some of our big cats--but I can't for various reasons... but I can assure you that each and every animal you see out there on the Reserve is very VERY real.

I had the exact same problem with a friend of mine as well. She ultimately did believe it when a few white rhinos ran in front of the truck and then wandered around a bit while munching on whatever they had in their mouths. I figured our driver was probably trying their best to not just burst out hysterically laughing. It was very entertaining for me and I still rib my friend about it to this day!!!! "Hey Chelle that Rhino MUST be fake." She has the good grace to laugh. Belle

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My guess is that you could have every CM line up for your friend to announce that the animals are real and he would not believe them. When people stubbornly refuse to be "conned" their minds are pretty much made up.

I recently viewed a terrific exhibit of paintings at a museum. My best friend refused to believe the paintings were real and swore that we must be looking at repros while the valuable "real thing" sat in storage. Even a museum employee could not change her mind. Sounds silly, but no sillier than thinking that the animals are fake and the night houses are just for show.

I wouldn't mind, however, if the crocs were fake. That cross over the bridge still makes me nervous.

People like that also believe that man never walked on the moon and that Elvis is alive and well, living in the Bahamas!

iheartdisney91

the animals are real! they just dont kill one an other because they are seperated by huge ditches that disney dug so the cheetah cant eat the antalope and the lions cant eat the girrafes and at night they put them into their special houses in back of the park each one has a label like girrafe. and so on

THIS WILL HELP!!!! i hope:wave:

bayoutinkbelle

Amazing. It never crossed my mind that people would think the animals are fake. I'd have a heck of a time holding my tongue, if I were in your position.

I'll definitely listen for any comments like that in about, oh ... 17 days. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom