Fact or fiction?

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
I was in Florida recently and we have relatives in the area. We are from the UK so don't hear much about Floridian news over here but he waas telling me about a story on the news about a lunatic who was so mad crazy about SeaWorld and Shamu that he took a wet suit with him to SW one day and hid in the bathrooms after hours and when everybody had gone home he put it on and went around to Shamu Stadium in the back where the whales live and jumped in to swim with him. Shamu thought he was a trainer playing with him and as the guy wasn't and didn't know how to handle him Shamu ended up killing the guy even though he was only playing with him. Anyone else know anything about it?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I haven't heard about that, but I'm sure that if it happened our friends in the US will tell us when they get online later.
If it did happen, its sad but it serves him right.
Did you hear about the three drunken lads who broke into the zoo in southern England over the weekend and tried to feed the lions with ice-cream ?? :hammer:

tenchu

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I haven't heard about that, but I'm sure that if it happened our friends in the US will tell us when they get online later.
If it did happen, its sad but it serves him right.
Did you hear about the three drunken lads who broke into the zoo in southern England over the weekend and tried to feed the lions with ice-cream ?? :hammer:

Yeah, tried to give them lion bars. :brick:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
There is a story similar to this and it involves Danny Bonduce aka Danny Partridge of "The Partridge Family".

They were shooting an episode at some seaworld type park...I forgot which one....anywhooo...the park was closed for the day...and they were wrapping up shooting for that evening... Danny hung around the park after the trainers had left...and the crew was wrapping up gear in another park of the park.... Now...
Danny watched the trainers and learned there moves and hand guesters (he snagged a whislte to) and he was playing with the whales for awile....but he did not reward them with any fish or anything...so the whale got angry...and went to the bottom of the tank and ignored him.

The Next day for the first show....the trainer was all set...they preformed all about 2 tricks....then the whale got Pi$$ed....and dragged the trainer to the bottom of the tank....he escaped...but was nearly killed...they later found out what Danny had done...and figured out why the whale did this... Danny had done all the trick the night before...and the whale was still angry about not being rewarded....

This is not an urban legend...this is true... It is in Dannys book...
"Random Acts of Badness" :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-6824580-3884861?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ukcoasterfreak
I was in Florida recently and we have relatives in the area. We are from the UK so don't hear much about Floridian news over here but he waas telling me about a story on the news about a lunatic who was so mad crazy about SeaWorld and Shamu that he took a wet suit with him to SW one day and hid in the bathrooms after hours and when everybody had gone home he put it on and went around to Shamu Stadium in the back where the whales live and jumped in to swim with him. Shamu thought he was a trainer playing with him and as the guy wasn't and didn't know how to handle him Shamu ended up killing the guy even though he was only playing with him. Anyone else know anything about it?

It's a fact (except for the wet suit part). See the following link:
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/whales/22753

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
Poor guy (the whale not the human). He was probably like the atricle says to help the man byt going to the surface. It's the guys own fault if you are stupid enough to climb in a tank with them when you know nothing about them. Thats why the trainers spend years with developing bonds of friendship.

tenchu

Oh I was waiting for that one, didn't have to wait long !!!

It's true, they were feeding them lion bars!

I think it's quite ridiculous that they are having to guard the place when it is shut. Someone who would do something like that was gonna get killed one way or another.

IOAfan0183

I have heard something about this story from up here in Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati. I think the guy jumped in the tank where Tilikum ("Big" Shamu) was and when the trainers arrived the next morning noticed that there was a body floating in that tank...it's been so long ago when I heard this report and it was only a "newsflash" so I don't know anymore than what I told you.

IOAfan0183

woofboy111

I think I heard that the guy's family was sueing seaworld after the incident because during the day they didn't warn you that if you hide out in the park, and then decide to jump in with Shamu, it could be dangerous! I never heard what the outcome of this was...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by woofboy111
I think I heard that the guy's family was sueing seaworld after the incident because during the day they didn't warn you that if you hide out in the park, and then decide to jump in with Shamu, it could be dangerous! I never heard what the outcome of this was...

Sounds like the entire family require urgent medical attention and matching straight jackets :veryconfu

tenchu

Sounds like the entire family require urgent medical attention and matching straight jackets :veryconfu

Next they'll be sueing seaworld for having animals in the park! :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom