Eyeware in WDW?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I've lived with squinting and carrying an extra piaring of sunglasses for in the car for extra-sunny days (or driving directly into the sunrise or sunset) since i have transitions ever since i threw a pair of $350 prescription sunglasses out with my tray at the eletric umbrella.

For all those that say switch back and forth is no big deal, i'm smashed my regular frames one time too many and had to switch to a new, but similiar, frame (they discontinued my style *pout*) and broken several "throw-away" $20-30 pairs aside from that prescription pair that was the finale straw for me.

miles1

I just went over to bi-focals this month, and I'm still learning how to not fall down the stairs. This time I also picked up sunglasses for distance only, and simply plan to switch off as needed.

On the last trip I used the tethers that hook to the ear piece and tie around the back of your head. They have an adjustable piece that allows you to secure the glasses tightly to your head. It ended the paranoia of loosing my glasses on the big rides.

Magicalan

Original Poster
For those of you that wear contact lenses at WDW, how do you cope when going to the water parks, or Resort pools? Do you have to wear swimming goggles to prevent your contacts from washing out?

LudwigVonDrake

For those of you that wear contact lenses at WDW, how do you cope when going to the water parks, or Resort pools? Do you have to wear swimming goggles to prevent your contacts from washing out?

I wear contact lenses to the water parks and my glasses to the theme parks. I have never had a problem with contacts washing out. When I go under water, I keep my eyes closed and am very careful not to rub my eyes when I get water in my face. Has worked like a charm for the last 12 years :king:

barnum42

I wear contact lenses to the water parks and my glasses to the theme parks. I have never had a problem with contacts washing out. When I go under water, I keep my eyes closed and am very careful not to rub my eyes when I get water in my face. Has worked like a charm for the last 12 years :king:
I've wondered about that myself. I've never been to the water parks as I'd miss the themeing courtesy of having to take my glasses off.

Magicalan

Original Poster
I once wore some prescription sunglasses at Blizzard Beach, but was asked to take them off when going down the slides. It seems they see glasses/sunglasses as a safety hazard, which isn't that good for those who rely on them to see!

slappy magoo

At WDW, I'd tell you to pack both, but try to use the contacts as much as possible. For me, personally, as I get hotter and hotter, the glasses keep slipping off my nose, and they start hurting the bridge of my nose and the backs of my ears. Wearing contacts gives you the option of sunglasses when you need 'em, and no worries about peripheral vision. By extended wear contact lenses, so if one happens to get lost, you have more, and the glasses are another backup. Bring tiny little goggles with you to the water parks, to protect your contacts in the water, and a case for the contacts if you start getting really worried about losing them. Unless you're all about showing off some skin (mee-yow), wear a bathing suit with a zippered pocket to keep the case in, a sample sized bottle of cleansing solution, and a Ziploc to keep it all safe.

Toft

I wear Acuvue daily disposables and have worn them for swimming for 15 years and going to the water parks for the last 13 years without goggles and I have never had a problem.
I always carry a spare pair of lenses but have never had to use them yet. Back there in 9 days and will probably lose one now I have said that. :hammer:

epcot28

Whenever I go, I'm always having to adjust my glasses, because they slide down my nose alot from all the sweat. One year I rode Space Mountain with them on and when I raised my hand to adjust them they came off! Luckily I caught them. ( I can only see blurred shapes without them. I have astigmatism.) The next time I took a pair of goggles with me and they worked out pretty well. I think I got the idea from one of those coaster specials on the travel channel.

metscool

Whenever I go, I'm always having to adjust my glasses, because they slide down my nose alot from all the sweat. One year I rode Space Mountain with them on and when I raised my hand to adjust them they came off! Luckily I caught them.
That happen to me. But this happen to me on Dinosour when it first open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom