Extra person and ADR

Peters_Shadow

Original Poster
We are going to the World Oct 20-27th. We are on the dining plan and have had ADRs since the very moment the 90 day window opened (for 2 adults and 2 children). Last week my Mom decided to come for half of our trip. Three of our ADRs happen during the time she is with us (Les Chefs de France, Libertry Tree and Chef Mickey's). We called to see if we could add her to our dining reservations. Since their system won't let them "add" a person, they have to make a whole new reservation with the adjusted number of people, we were only able to setup to Les Chefs de France with her added. Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree didn't have any availability. Since we will only have one extra person and we don't mind to crowd in, do you think we could just show up at our ADR and they would allow her to eat with us? Does anyone out there have any experience doing this? I feel bad telling my Mom she can't eat with us if they won't let her join us, but we can't ruin our ADRs that we worked hard to get months ago. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Greg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Adding one guest at the podium is typically not a big issue. Arrive a little early and be nice to the CM checking you in and everything should work out fine.

wdwmomof3

We did this a few times a couple of weeks ago. Our adr's were for seven people but we needed them for eight. There was no problem each night that we did it, however we did have to wait a few extra minutes but it was no big deal.

We also combined a couple of adr's to be able to sit together a few times. Again, there was no problem doing that either. I believe that they will do their best to help you.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

TURKEY

We did this a few times a couple of weeks ago. Our adr's were for seven people but we needed them for eight. There was no problem each night that we did it, however we did have to wait a few extra minutes but it was no big deal.

We also combined a couple of adr's to be able to sit together a few times. Again, there was no problem doing that either. I believe that they will do their best to help you.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Going from 7 to 8 isn't a big deal as most tables that big are made to hold 8.

Disney usually has 2 tops, 3 tops, 4 tops, 5 tops, 6 tops, and 8 tops. That's the maximum number of people at a table.

Normally a cast member will put you at the smallest table available. So if you were 4, going to a 5 can be hard because most tables for 4 won't seat 5.

Some restaurants like Ohana's, the smallest table holds 3 so if you were 2, going to 3 is easy.

That said, you can keep trying back and the restaurants will try and squeeze you in.

Peters_Shadow

Original Poster
Thanks everyone that was very helpful. We'll try asking at the podium and hopefully they'll be able to accommodate us.

foreverbelle

I agree with the rest of the posters, you should have no issue. We added my sister on last year, called ahead and had no worries when we got there.

Best of luck.

beanbunny

I hope I don't get flamed for this but bottom line is what is more important - your mom or dining reservations? We would go up to the podium & try to get her in but if that didn't work out, we would just cancel our reservation & go to a cs - or another ts if possible. No way would we ever say to my mom, sorry but we have reservations, you can't get in so you're on your own!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've added an extra person or two a few times and never been turned away or made to wait much longer than normal.

Rob562

I hope I don't get flamed for this but bottom line is what is more important - your mom or dining reservations? We would go up to the podium & try to get her in but if that didn't work out, we would just cancel our reservation & go to a cs - or another ts if possible. No way would we ever say to my mom, sorry but we have reservations, you can't get in so you're on your own!

True, but you could also take the stance that someone joining an already-fully-planned-for-months-in-advance vacation three weeks before the trip should be ready and willing to make concessions in how their presence affects the existing plans of the trip...

What if it were tickets to La Nouba? Or a sold-out hard ticket event like the Halloween Party? Should the group skip those too, because Mom couldn't get a ticket 3 weeks in advance when they bought theirs months ago?

While all effort should be made to include the Mom in the existing plans, she should be prepared to have a solo meal if the restaurant simply can't fit her in. If I were the one in the additional Guest's place, I would be willing to go off and grab myself a meal while the rest of the group ate. I wouldn't want to be an imposition and make the group miss their meals at restaurants where they obviously wanted to eat.

-Rob

beanbunny

I totally understand that these are hard reservations to obtain & plans have been been made for quite some time but let's face it, there is a huge difference between La Nouba or a MNNSHP and a dinner or 2. I still believe all efforts should be made to get her added to the reservation, but bottom line is family is more important than a dinner reservation - I'm not talking about a hard ticket - and neither is the poster.

islesgirl

I have done this numerous times. My best friend lives right outside of Disney so whenever I go, depending on his work schedule, he will join us for dinner. I typically make the reservations with just my family members in mind and when I get to the podium I tell them it will be 5 instead of 4. I have never had a problem. I have even occassionally added 2 people the ADR. Like everyone else said, just get there a few minutes early and be polite, there should be no problems :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom