Extra Perks??

MickeyTigg

kcw said:
wow....in all honesty, I hope we don't get this type of stereotypical attitude from every normal CM down in the park...

Well....it's partially true. A lot of the kids leave in first few weeks because they find out it's actually a job and the CP kids tend to get the crummy shifts. A lot of the kids expect it to be all fun...after all, you're in Disney World.

MickeyTigg

robynchic said:
But if you are interested in it for the job...just be wary that you may come in contact with the people that are optimists (i.e. me *remembers to change her siggy*), the people who are pessimists (i.e. Corrus), and the people who are realists (again...me)

You really don't know who you're talking about do you? This also incredibly tacky to call someone out on the boards like this.

As for what Corrus stated....for being a veteran CP'er, I can't believe what Corrus stated doesn't ring true for many of the kids that come down from what you've seen.

My son is a Summer CP'er and I can tell you....it's true.

joanna71985

The majority of people I know who do the CP don't come here to party and all that jazz. They come here for the work experience. So do I, actually. I love my job down here. In fact, in the 3 apartments I've been in (2 last CP and this current one- all are 2 BR) out of a total 8 roomates (one apartment only had 2 people), all 8 were there (and are still here) at the end. I would like to think that that would be normal, but unfortunately it's not.

MickeyTigg

BelleWannaBe77 said:
I asked a question and then I am not only insulted, but my reasons for wanting to do the program are questioned. If I was going for the perks, wouldn't I ask what perks I would get rather than my famiy? Some of us are close to our families, and if I get accepted, I would want to see them without asking them to pay a lot of money. It's pretty sad how judgemental and hateful some people are on this forum. Oh, and Corrus, you aren't the one hiring or firing, so maybe you shouldn't act like you have power over everyone else. Disney is supposed to be full of kind and caring people, not people who put others down for no reason.

Who was being judgemental of you? I'm sorry...I'm not seeing it.

:veryconfu

I think people answered your question especially to the point that some CP'er expect more benefits and perks than they actually get.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Tigger, if you would have read earlier posts, you would have known. Also, I was talking about one person, I appreciated everyone else's opinions and insight. That one person was rude and I felt like he did judge me (from my question), by making a unnecessary comment questioning my character rather than answering the question I asked. Why are you defending that past argument anyway? It was more than a week ago...strange. Also, calling out people on these forums who are pessimists is completely appropriate. If grown men are going to be immature and make negative comments (for no apparent reason except to intimidate people into not going??), they need to be called out for it. It's not right at all. Either you're friends with that person or you didn't read everything, in either case, I really don't see why you're getting involved.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hi belle :wave:

I'm not sure if you realize that alot of people make general comments about a thread, not neccessarily a comment on the original post.

Meaning that I believe you may have taken a reply to heart, when it was not meant to be a personal affront.

Have fun at WDW. :wave:

Darwin

What Unkadug said is probably true, but Tigger, from as many posts that you do have you may have read other comments by Corrus and I see a lot of negative comments posted. I think Bellewannabe reacted normally to what was posted.

DisneySaint

Darwin said:
What Unkadug said is probably true, but Tigger, from as many posts that you do have you may have read other comments by Corrus and I see a lot of negative comments posted. I think Bellewannabe reacted normally to what was posted.

+1

Darwin I'm meeting you if I ever run into you down there!

Scar Junior

BelleWannaBe77 said:
I asked a question and then I am not only insulted, but my reasons for wanting to do the program are questioned. If I was going for the perks, wouldn't I ask what perks I would get rather than my famiy? Some of us are close to our families, and if I get accepted, I would want to see them without asking them to pay a lot of money. It's pretty sad how judgemental and hateful some people are on this forum. Oh, and Corrus, you aren't the one hiring or firing, so maybe you shouldn't act like you have power over everyone else. Disney is supposed to be full of kind and caring people, not people who put others down for no reason.

Haha.Well said. I was wondering the same thing because the perks have changed since I was there in 2003 and I'll probably do another CP this spring. Good question. Oh, and anyone who is rude to a potential cast member - especially a cute one from the Midwest- should probably start posting on Universal topic boards and not Disney.

PS. My new life's goal is for you to be Belle so that one day I can have my picture taken with you! ;) haha I'm so smooth.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Ooo, that was sweet!! :) This thread is getting too serious anyway and I was probably being oversensitive...no more fighting...just fun!! And yes Scar Junior, you are very smooth!

Darwin

DisneyJoey said:
+1 Darwin I'm meeting you if I ever run into you down there!
Thanks! I wish I was going down there. I loved it when I did the CP in 2003. But I about ready to tell Corrus off if he said anything more negative. I'd probably have the moderator on my tail. No I'd try to be calm about it. Hey, while your down there, if you have any free time, I lost my class ring and mentioned if anybody happened to come acrossed it I would be in debt to them and dish out a small reward. The thread I posted is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=77785
It's probably long gone but it's worth a shot.

Darwin

Thanks bro! It happens. I guess I just left it in my costume pants pocket and returned them to be washed. I figure it probaby burried in some lost and found or gathering slime in some drain.

Scar Junior

Darwin said:
Thanks bro! It happens. I guess I just left it in my costume pants pocket and returned them to be washed. I figure it probaby burried in some lost and found or gathering slime in some drain.

Haha! Interesting visual... But that sucks man. Best of luck getting it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom