Extra Perks??

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Hey guys!! I was wondering what perks the CP offers to friends and family. Do family/friends get some free passes to the park? If so, about how many? Also, can they get discounts on the hotels? Please tell me if you know of anything at all!! Thanks!! :kiss:

MBrantleyIUP

You are allowed to bring up to 3 guests into the parks with you, 6 different times during your CP. Your friends and family are also allowed to get up to 40% off on all resort hotels. You won't know the final cost of the hotel until you are able to access the cast portal which will be when you arrive.

Tim G

Sometimes I wonder... :D

People don't apply for the job... :lookaroun

People apply for the perks... and don't give a s**t about the job... as long as they get free things... :(

And these are the people who won't be around after 6 months... :) [phew... what a relief]

pluto77

DisneyJoey said:
Are you able to purchase park tickets at a discounted rate for when you've used up the 6?
Yes, but it's only like 10% off (hey, at least it's something), all CM's also get 20% off merchandise

DisneySaint

Corrus said:
Sometimes I wonder... :D

People don't apply for the job... :lookaroun

People apply for the perks... and don't give a s**t about the job... as long as they get free things... :(

And these are the people who won't be around after 6 months... :) [phew... what a relief]

Just an an FYI: Some people simply think about the perks as a side effect to the job and that's why they have to ask questions: they don't know since they didn't make that a point to research when getting the job.

Tim G

Most of them see it as some sort of paradise... fun in the apartments, fun in the parks... more fun because of the perks...

BTW... thanks for the "FYI" I've seen them go, even faster than the came... :D :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disney underpays people terribly for how much work they have to do, the CPs are treated the worst amoung them.

Quality requires an investment. It is not the responsibility of others to give it to Disney, is is rather Disney's responsbility to invest in it.

kcw

Corrus said:
Most of them see it as some sort of paradise... fun in the apartments, fun in the parks... more fun because of the perks...

BTW... thanks for the "FYI" I've seen them go, even faster than the came... :D :D
wow....in all honesty, I hope we don't get this type of stereotypical attitude from every normal CM down in the park...

DisneySaint

kcw said:
wow....in all honesty, I hope we don't get this type of stereotypical attitude from every normal CM down in the park...

+1

Last thing I want when I get there is people going "You'll be lucky if you make it to the end." I am not going down there assuming it's some fairy tale paradise; very few people do.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
I asked a question and then I am not only insulted, but my reasons for wanting to do the program are questioned. If I was going for the perks, wouldn't I ask what perks I would get rather than my famiy? Some of us are close to our families, and if I get accepted, I would want to see them without asking them to pay a lot of money. It's pretty sad how judgemental and hateful some people are on this forum. Oh, and Corrus, you aren't the one hiring or firing, so maybe you shouldn't act like you have power over everyone else. Disney is supposed to be full of kind and caring people, not people who put others down for no reason.

DisneySaint

BelleWannaBe77 said:
I asked a question and then I am not only insulted, but my reasons for wanting to do the program are questioned. If I was going for the perks, wouldn't I ask what perks I would get rather than my famiy? Some of us are close to our families, and if I get accepted, I would want to see them without asking them to pay a lot of money. It's pretty sad how judgemental and hateful some people are on this forum. Oh, and Corrus, you aren't the one hiring or firing, so maybe you shouldn't act like you have power over everyone else. Disney is supposed to be full of kind and caring people, not people who put others down for no reason.

:sohappy:

robynchic

Unfortunately, there are a number of CPs that come down, expecting to party hard, play in parks harder, and then HATE their job, so they'll leave. It's not pleasant.

But if you are interested in it for the job...just be wary that you may come in contact with the people that are optimists (i.e. me *remembers to change her siggy*), the people who are pessimists (i.e. Corrus), and the people who are realists (again...me)

pluto77

DisneyJoey said:
+1

Last thing I want when I get there is people going "You'll be lucky if you make it to the end." I am not going down there assuming it's some fairy tale paradise; very few people do.
Honestly, more people do than you may realize. I lived in a 2 bedroom/4 person apartment, and if you total all of my room mates that I had up it would total 7. I didn't end up with any of the room mates I started with. Some were terminated because of drinking underage and some left because they hated their jobs, I never knew what happened to one of them. My room may be the extreme, but I knew a lot of other people who had room mates that were terminated or left. There's a lot of people who don't realize how much work it is.

Me though, I loved the program, and I knew a lot of people who did, but there are those people who are only down there to party and "live in paradise." Probably not the majority, but enough to stick out.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Ya I'm not expecting this to be easy at all. I also bet that those people who broke the rules or left didn't really want to be there. If they did, no matter what the job, they would have stayed. You've got to be passionate about what you're doing and making your dreams come true to succeed in anything. So that's how I would go into it!! My goal is to be an event/ wedding planner in Orlando, so this internship would really give me a boost!! I can't go this fall because of a contract issue with my apartment, but I'm hoping to get accepted for the Spring term!

pluto77

BelleWannaBe77 said:
Ya I'm not expecting this to be easy at all. I also bet that those people who broke the rules or left didn't really want to be there. If they did, no matter what the job, they would have stayed. You've got to be passionate about what you're doing and making your dreams come true to succeed in anything. So that's how I would go into it!! My goal is to be an event/ wedding planner in Orlando, so this internship would really give me a boost!! I can't go this fall because of a contract issue with my apartment, but I'm hoping to get accepted for the Spring term!
Well good for you, that's how I went into it too. I knew what my job was, and I was expecting a lot of work, and I had a lot of fun outside of work. The cps at Casey's were one big happy family... well not always happy with eachother... with all the drama and everything, but anyway... it was fun, and we all got along in the end. :lol:

By the way, my last post wasn't directed towards anyone and I'm certainly not trying to talk anyone out of the program (I wouldn't ever do that), but since the subject was brought up, I was just saying, expect to run into those kinds of people.

Darwin

Bellewannabe77, it's totally fine to ask about the perks (it's only unprofessional in an interview, but I'm sure you already new that :) ). An intelligent person always asks questions. It also make you more prepared for the future. I think the others answered your question on the tickets, but there are other perks as well. This was how it was in 2003 when I was there. Disney employees get 50% of Disney Hotels if you want your family to stay in one. They mentioned other merchandise discounts, but there is also Cast Connections! (Does anyone know if they still have that?) If they do, it's by the Magic Kingdom, a place for cast members to buy overstock, broken, merchandise and even lost and found items never claimed. Almost all that stuff is 75% off original price. You can also take one family member in there at a time so they can buy stuff too. Then the best part, to play in the parks on your day off! You learn them all while down there. Have a blast!

MickeyTigg

BelleWannaBe77 said:
Hey guys!! I was wondering what perks the CP offers to friends and family. Do family/friends get some free passes to the park? If so, about how many? Also, can they get discounts on the hotels? Please tell me if you know of anything at all!! Thanks!! :kiss:

After listening to my CP son...the biggest disappointment is that Disney is company and it's a job and the job is not all "magic". If you can get through the first couple of weeks of crummy hours, you'll be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom