Extra Magic Hours At Night

JRob2k1

Indy95 said:
I doubt that, even after Fantasmic, RnRC and ToT would be crowded, because Fastpass is no longer in use, and without Fastpass the lines will move unbelievably fast.

On many of the EMH's, RnRC and ToT offer Fastpass. Especially because they get waits from around 40 mins during the 3 extra hours.

Indy95

JRob2k1 said:
On many of the EMH's, RnRC and ToT offer Fastpass. Especially because they get waits from around 40 mins during the 3 extra hours.
Wow management has officially gone crazy. This defeats the entire purpose of EMH, and I for one won't waste time standing in a line that moves unbelievably slow and has a wait time that is as long as one during midday. Sad. Just sad. :mad:

slappy magoo

Indy95 said:
Wow management has officially gone crazy. This defeats the entire purpose of EMH, and I for one won't waste time standing in a line that moves unbelievably slow and has a wait time that is as long as one during midday. Sad. Just sad. :mad:

I will. Especially when I go back in August. My GF is so pale she's practically an albino. And I'm not exactly a sun-worshipper myself. If we can enjoy the best rides in WDW without wilting in the sun, that's just groovy for us.

Having said that, I wonder how many resort guests wind up taking advantage of the late nights. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty do. But when you consider how many people are up and running at dawn because they or their kids just can't wait to hit the parks...burning the candle at both ends to such a degree as to use EMHs I think would destroy a lot of people. But hey, when it comes to WDW, people seem to find a 2nd, 3rd or 8th, wind to get back out there

Tom

Beta Return
slappy magoo said:
I will. Especially when I go back in August. My GF is so pale she's practically an albino. And I'm not exactly a sun-worshipper myself. If we can enjoy the best rides in WDW without wilting in the sun, that's just groovy for us.

Having said that, I wonder how many resort guests wind up taking advantage of the late nights. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty do. But when you consider how many people are up and running at dawn because they or their kids just can't wait to hit the parks...burning the candle at both ends to such a degree as to use EMHs I think would destroy a lot of people. But hey, when it comes to WDW, people seem to find a 2nd, 3rd or 8th, wind to get back out there

I'm only 24, not really OLD yet, I suppose, but I know I get 3rd, 4th and 5th winds at WDW, and I have no idea why. If I exerted myself at home like I do there, I would pass out at noon and never wake up. But I can get up at 6am, park hop all day, shower, park hop some more, see a parade and then spend 3 hours of E-Night in the park till 1am - then get up and do it again. It's a miracle of nature I tell you :hammer:

JRob2k1

Indy95 said:

Thats the problem....Guests seem to think that EMH means there will be no lines... especially at two attractions like RNRC and ToT.

Management would be stupid not to offer FP.

diddy_mouse

i for one like that fact that with EMH, there are more attractions open. i loved E-Ride Nights, but there were a few rides i always wished i could have done one more time. it's cool to see more MK attractions open during the 3 hr. EMH block.

also, i look foward to the extra hours at AK and Epcot...it's gonna be a busy trip this year :D :hammer:

Pan

I found the EMH last Wed night in MK to be very disappointing. The place was packed with wait times as long as they were during the day. It's great that the park is open for 3 hours extra, but not much of a perk for resort guests to still be standing in 40 min lines.

nibblesandbits

Pan said:
I found the EMH last Wed night in MK to be very disappointing. The place was packed with wait times as long as they were during the day. It's great that the park is open for 3 hours extra, but not much of a perk for resort guests to still be standing in 40 min lines.

I think it all depends on when you actually visit the parks. If you visit during the less busy times of the year when the parks close earlier (like 7...which it was last Wed) than I think that it might not be beneficial, as you have stated b/c more people are willing to stay up for those three hours since the lastest they would be there would be 11...however, if you visit when the parks are open later in the evening, (like when the parks are open until 10 or 11 at night) I think the wait times will be less because that would mean that people would have the opportunity to stay in the parks until 1 or 2 in the morning. While most of us would probably do that, people who have families with little ones or those who are not night owls probably wouldn't.

Laura

nibblesandbits said:
I think it all depends on when you actually visit the parks. If you visit during the less busy times of the year when the parks close earlier (like 7...which it was last Wed) than I think that it might not be beneficial, as you have stated b/c more people are willing to stay up for those three hours since the lastest they would be there would be 11...however, if you visit when the parks are open later in the evening, (like when the parks are open until 10 or 11 at night) I think the wait times will be less because that would mean that people would have the opportunity to stay in the parks until 1 or 2 in the morning. While most of us would probably do that, people who have families with little ones or those who are not night owls probably wouldn't.

That's a good point!

chancellor

I was at the EMH at the MK on Sunday night (2/13), and it was NOT crowded at all. The park closed at 10:00, and basically emptied out after Wishes. The 3-hour EMH (until 1:00 am) had very light crowds. Unfortunately, my kids fell asleep (like many others) so we had to leave around 11:00. People who are willing to stay up late can really take advantage of this.

The only wait times I saw were Buzz - 10 minutes, Speedway - 5 minutes (really) and Peter Pan - 20 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom