Extra Magic Hour Gripes?

wannab@dis

PirateJ said:
It has everything to do with how much you spend....as you are putting money into the company by staying at their site, they give you a "reward"
And????

Again, it's done by most businesses. Fly delta, get miles; stay at mariot (or any hotel chain) and get points; use capital one CC; get rewards; etc, etc, etc.

Let's see... I'm flying down with 2 free airline tickets from Fleet CC and taking a couple hundred Disney dream dollars from Chase bank for meals. And, I'm staying onsite and going to EMH. In each instance, a company was rewarding me for utilizing their services.

objr said:
First...I have an AP...I occasionally stay in a Disney Resort. EMH doesn't affect me when I stay off site...becuase of the number of times I have the opportunity to go to the parks every year....so it can't hurt locals either...

In case you on-siters haven't noticed...florida locals don't make the same wages as those in other areas of the country. I'm not sure they frequent Disney as much as you think...

Maybe they can only afford to go to Disney one or two days a year, maybe less than that. Why should they be penalized just because they live close and don't need a hotel room?

Shaman

PirateJ said:
no need to get nasty. I can have my own opinion and you can have yours.

Yes. I truly respect your opinion.

Where have I gotten "nasty"? The post which you quoted was not directed at you...it was a question for hakunamatata.

:)

peter11435

PirateJ said:
It has everything to do with how much you spend....as you are putting money into the company by staying at their site, they give you a "reward"
But some in-site guests spend far less than some off-site guests.

However in any case what is wrong with rewarding your customers. The fact is the parks are not staying open on their own. The Disney resorts on a whole pay for their guests to have access to the parks after hours. It is no different than a private event. If they wanted to the off property resorts could also get together and pay to rent out a park as a perk for their guests.

Shaman

AbsolutDiznee said:
In case you on-siters haven't noticed...florida locals don't make the same wages as those in other areas of the country. I'm not sure they frequent Disney as much as you think...

Maybe they can only afford to go to Disney one or two days a year, maybe less than that. Why should they be penalized just because they live close and don't need a hotel room?

Locals would be considered anyone that lived in Orlando no?

:veryconfu

PirateJ

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
You are missing the point. The reason you felt 'pushed away' wasn't because the EMH was starting. But because the park was closing (for off-site guests anyway).

Not true. If the park was closing for everyone...I wouldn't have felt that way because everyone else would be leaving too.

peter11435

AbsolutDiznee said:

They are not being penalized. They are getting the EXACT same thing they would be getting if EMH did not exist. No one is being penalized, only resort guests are being rewarded. It truly amazes me how some people see things.

FYI I am a local and rarely have access to EMH.

peter11435

PirateJ said:
Not true. If the park was closing for everyone...I wouldn't have felt that way because everyone else would be leaving too.
The park was not closed for everyone, and I never said it was. It was closed for everyone EXCEPT those staying on-site.

wannab@dis

PirateJ said:

The park was closing at the posted closing time.

Same thing happens for hard ticket events. Should I get upset when the park closes, but the Halloween party or Christmas party guests don't leave? Nope, they get to stay because they bought a ticket. During EMH, I would get to stay because I stayed onsite.

Shaman

PirateJ said:

What if you never knew EMH existed...and just walked out thinking the park was closed?

I can understand your feeling of being pushed out...but you know the hours going into the park...

peter11435 said:
They are not being penalized. They are getting the EXACT same thing they would be getting if EMH did not exist. No one is being penalized, only resort guests are being rewarded. It truly amazes me how some people see things.

FYI I am a local and rarely have access to EMH.

so what's the difference between a all-star resort guest that spends $99 for a hotel room or a guy that spends $99 at a gift shop on Main Street? they are both spending the same amount of money? Why should one get rewarded and not the other?

wannab@dis

AbsolutDiznee said:
so what's the difference between a all-star resort guest that spends $99 for a hotel room or a guy that spends $99 at a gift shop on Main Street? they are both spending the same amount of money? Why should one get rewarded and not the other?

So the guests staying onsite are not buying stuff on Main Street also? If they only spent $10 in the shop, they would still be spending more than the offsite guest.

Shaman

AbsolutDiznee said:

Simple.

If you spend 99$ at a gift shop and 0$ on hotel with Disney...then Disney only makes 99$...now if you spend 99$ A NIGHT staying on-site...and spend 50$ at a gift shop...then Disney would be making MORE MONEY.

:)

peter11435

AbsolutDiznee said:
Thats a very weak argument. The fact is the Disney resorts are rewarding guests that choose to stay at the resorts. They are a private company and have every right to do so.

meatloafsfan

Playing a little devil's advocate :goodnevil

Would everyone feel the same way if EMH went as follows:

Those staying at a value resort - 1 hour EMH

Those staying at a moderate resort - 2 hour EMH

Those staying at a deluxe resort - 3 hour EMH

(BTW, I also find it strange that the same people who defend onsite/offsite for emh are often the same who were vehemently opposed to fastpasses being tiered to the cost of the hotel, amount of money spent as wdw, etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom