News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

Purduevian

Maybe I am wrong here but with the exception of opening week where there maybe land closures if not park closer due to capacity, I don’t understand the sense of been at the gate for 4am. The logic of queuing 2 hours before the park opens and then running to the land and then in all probability still face a que to do smugglers run against queuing 3 hours in a themed land, with a themed que, for the ride seems folly to me. Even if the que is 4 to 5 hours I would rather stand in that with my son playing with his newly purchased droid using the Disney play app to interact with the elements in the que eating a Hondo burger (or whatever themed food they have) than sit in a car park for 2 hours after having left our onsite resort at 3am!!!! Am I the only one!!!

2 reasons.
1) If you start at 4am and it takes 5 hours to get through smugglers run... you still have 12 hours before the park closes in the night.
2) If you queue at 4am and it takes 5 hours, mostly likely showing up at noon will take 4 hours to get in the land and 4 hours to get on the ride.

Nigelbfc

2 reasons.
1) If you start at 4am and it takes 5 hours to get through smugglers run... you still have 12 hours before the park closes in the night.
2) If you queue at 4am and it takes 5 hours, mostly likely showing up at noon will take 4 hours to get in the land and 4 hours to get on the ride.

In reality if you get to the park at 4am you won’t be staying till close so the 12 hours after are redundant as you are going to be goosed and grumpy by 2pm so that still only leaves 2 hours to do other stuff by your maths (I am talking about a generic family here not a single young male).

Also apart from the opening week or two are we really expecting a 4 hour wait to get into the land itself? I get a 4 or 5 hour que for SR for months ahead but surely there comes a critical point where Joe Public looks at the wait time and says “nope not for me today”.

In some ways we are lucky as we will be there late October and coming from the UK we have 10 nights on site so we will dedicate a full day to SWGE rock up at 8:30ish (so using EMHs but not daft o’clock) and it will takes as long as it takes!!!!!

matt9112

Oof 6 am openings at DHS, 7 am openings at MK and AK. I much prefer more evening hours but it beats having a required reservation. Still waiting on DL to announce what they are doing post June 23 for onsite guests.

silly you... night time is for hard tickets disney is more than happy to see you enjoy nightime hours....for a price.

all jokes aside i think this is great. basically increasing capacity.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Schnikes, we've found the catch. Everybody and their Momma can come. What's the point of exclusivity, if almost everyone is able to take part in the tea party?

What's next they are going to allow all of the Irlo Bronson motels?

All the resorts were booked on Christmas day and MK opened at 7 am. We got there at 6:45 thinking they would still be packed but the park was empty. We walked half of fantasyland without seeing anyone. We left at 10:30 ish and had to fight our way against a literal wall of people coming in.

My point is.... yes everyone seems to be included. But not everyone is going to get there at 4 am. And certainly not all on the same day.

Ariel1986

In reality if you get to the park at 4am you won’t be staying till close so the 12 hours after are redundant as you are going to be goosed and grumpy by 2pm so that still only leaves 2 hours to do other stuff by your maths (I am talking about a generic family here not a single young male).

Also apart from the opening week or two are we really expecting a 4 hour wait to get into the land itself? I get a 4 or 5 hour que for SR for months ahead but surely there comes a critical point where Joe Public looks at the wait time and says “nope not for me today”.

In some ways we are lucky as we will be there late October and coming from the UK we have 10 nights on site so we will dedicate a full day to SWGE rock up at 8:30ish (so using EMHs but not daft o’clock) and it will takes as long as it takes!!!!!

Coming from the UK should work even more for you though (I am also from the UK). We always find on the first day or two with the time difference/jet lag that we wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning anyway- and are wide awake. We then have to wait until we can actually do anything as sometimes it's before even the food courts are open. So this is perfect for us for those first few mornings!

Kingoglow

I am sure that during the first two weeks of GE open, it will be a lot more single young males and not as many generic families. Families with small kids will be the exception to the throngs of aged Star Wars fans. So his point stands.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My point is.... yes everyone seems to be included. But not everyone is going to get there at 4 am. And certainly not all on the same day.
Ah, but these people were not Star Wars fans visiting a Star Wars land for the first time...

I pity those who show up not realizing what they're in for...

Nigelbfc

Coming from the UK should work even more for you though (I am also from the UK). We always find on the first day or two with the time difference/jet lag that we wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning anyway- and are wide awake. We then have to wait until we can actually do anything as sometimes it's before even the food courts are open. So this is perfect for us for those first few mornings!

Family tradition of Chef Mickeys early doors morning one then onto MK and try to make it till the 3 oclock parade but SWGE is on the plan for morning two :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Ah, but these people were not Star Wars fans visiting a Star Wars land for the first time...

I pity those who show up not realizing what they're in for...
View attachment 370004
The good news for WDW guests is that most of THOSE people will have already seen the land in California. The hardest of hardcore Star Wars fans won't be in Orlando.

LuvWDW2

The good news for WDW guests is that most of THOSE people will have already seen the land in California. The hardest of hardcore Star Wars fans won't be in Orlando.

I don’t understand how people keep discounting this fact. So many average Joes don’t know/care that Disneyland & Walt Disney World are separate places.

jrhwdw

Are we thinking that ROTR will open during the EEMH Season? Whenever it opens are we looking at another SWGE Opening Day/Weekend crowd situation ?

nickys

Premium Member
Assuming they have unlimited vacation dollars and vacation time, of course. But who does?

Unlimited is somewhat exaggerated. These super fans will happily drop a few hundred to get to both cities and stay a couple of nights. They won’t care about the rest of the parks etc.

Why? They're the exact same thing except one is more humid.

Because. The same reason they have a copy of every single version of the movie ever released, like the 10th anniversary, director’s cut, redigitised etc. And still have the VHS tape, DVD, blue ray.

Yep, looking at my DH here lol! He won’t be going, because that would mean two trips in a year across the Atlantic. But if he did have £10K to just spend on a whim I’m sure he would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom