News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

Andrew M

I know I'm late to this, but definitely a pleasant surprise after what had been trending over the past year. I'd love more nighttime EMH, but this is way more than I was expecting.

MuteSuperstar

My kids get up early, but I shudder at the idea of trying to get the wife and kids to the park for a 6:00 am rope drop...it would be unique vacation challenge.

As with many things at WDW now, it sounds much more like work than fun to me, but I'm not going near the place for a long time, if ever, so have at it folks. Hope the one ride that will be open lives up to the hype.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You can still get rooms in all the values opening weekend, that should say a lot. Revenue management has stepped in and enforced a variety of a minimum stay requirement, but still.

This has always been a strange tact to me - I wonder how many people end up NOT booking rooms because they're enforcing a minimum stay. I can see a large number of people who want to go for one or two nights deciding not to book because they've enforced a three night minimum.

nickys

Premium Member
This has always been a strange tact to me - I wonder how many people end up NOT booking rooms because they're enforcing a minimum stay. I can see a large number of people who want to go for one or two nights deciding not to book because they've enforced a three night minimum.

I think that’s online though.

If you call, you can often book just one night. I know (of) a few people who did that. Although maybe they just managed to jump in before the minimum stay was imposed.

ImperfectPixie

You can still get rooms in all the values opening weekend, that should say a lot. Revenue management has stepped in and enforced a variety of a minimum stay requirement, but still.

If you call, you can often book just one night. I know (of) a few people who did that. Although maybe they just managed to jump in before the minimum stay was imposed.
Usually the minimums apply to special offers though, no? In other words, can't you just avoid the minimum stay requirement by not booking through the special offer or specific package?

cosmicgirl

Usually the minimums apply to special offers though, no? In other words, can't you just avoid the minimum stay requirement by not booking through the special offer or specific package?
I checked the day they announced the opening date and again yesterday. Right after the announcement you could book single nights but yesterday none of the vaues came up when looking for a 1- or 2-night stay, without or without the Summer discount. I tried adding the weekend and all the values showed up with the discount on all room types except a standard at one of the All-Stars and I believe a pool view at Pop. Even those were available if you let go of the discount. The UK site does allow single nights (and has all rooms available) but it's more expensive because it's considered high season.

tallica

Disney is not doing this out of generosity, they are doing it for crowd dispersal. When Pandora opened and was the only park with daily emh it was an operational nightmare. Attendance was much greater than expected and made for extremely long lines, transportation issues , and a lot of upset guests. By having 3/4 of parks having daily emh it will greatly help operations and help reduce the opening of GE being a PR disaster. I my opinion it is a great move by Disney. I just fell sorry for offsite guests, the only park they can truly rope drop during that two months is Epcot.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

I have called to try and get around the minimum stay before and have been denied. You used to be able to do this but I think they stopped the call center staff from being able to bypass it.

LuvWDW2

:D Okay this maybe the AARP in me but if you're in line at 4 for a 7 hour wait......BATHROOM???

Believe me, this is my biggest concern. I’m kind of glad now that it’s opening early in the day, before I’ve had a gallon of water to stay hydrated in the FL summer weather.

cosmicgirl

:D Okay this maybe the AARP in me but if you're in line at 4 for a 7 hour wait......BATHROOM???
There are bathrooms next to the gondola station. Surely it'll become a D23 type of situation where people start talking and hold each other's spots in line (or so I've read). Same scenario if they're smart enough to park a few coffee and food trucks.

Nigelbfc

Maybe I am wrong here but with the exception of opening week where there maybe land closures if not park closer due to capacity, I don’t understand the sense of been at the gate for 4am. The logic of queuing 2 hours before the park opens and then running to the land and then in all probability still face a que to do smugglers run against queuing 3 hours in a themed land, with a themed que, for the ride seems folly to me. Even if the que is 4 to 5 hours I would rather stand in that with my son playing with his newly purchased droid using the Disney play app to interact with the elements in the que eating a Hondo burger (or whatever themed food they have) than sit in a car park for 2 hours after having left our onsite resort at 3am!!!! Am I the only one!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom