Extinct attractions

Walt Disney1955

Mr. Toad and I'll throw in Great Movie Ride too, because that was just completely unnecessary, I loved it.

For a show I am going to say Mickey Mouse Revue. I never saw it. It closed in 1980, then moved to Tokyo in 1983 and then closed there in 2009. Why did they close it in 1980? Nothing else was there until 1987.

NickWilde

Here are my picks: (even though I never got to ride/experience most of them, born too late)

Extinct Rides:
Top Pick: Horizons
Runner Up: Great Movie Ride

Other Extinct Attractions:
Top Pick: Adventurer’s Club
Runner Up: Osbourne Lights

Centeral

S
Here are my picks: (even though I never got to ride/experience most of them, born too late)

Extinct Rides:
Top Pick: Horizons
Runner Up: Great Movie Ride

Other Extinct Attractions:
Top Pick: Adventurer’s Club
Runner Up: Osbourne Lights
So if you were born to late for the great movie ride aren't you a baby???¿¿¿ 🤷🏻‍♂️👶🏻

SirWillow

My first visit to WDW wasn't until 2006, so I never got to experience Horizons, Body Wars, or World of Motion. :-( So wish I could see those return just so I could experience them for a first time.

Ones I've experienced I would return:
Mr. Toad (love it at DLR)
Great Movie Ride

and I wish they would bring back a night parade- loved Main St Electric Light Parade, and we had a blast with SpectroMagic (even with the psycho clowns lol)

NickWilde

My first visit to WDW wasn't until 2006, so I never got to experience Horizons, Body Wars, or World of Motion. :-( So wish I could see those return just so I could experience them for a first time.

Ones I've experienced I would return:
Mr. Toad (love it at DLR)
Great Movie Ride

and I wish they would bring back a night parade- loved Main St Electric Light Parade, and we had a blast with SpectroMagic (even with the psycho clowns lol)
Oh, I didn’t know you were here SirWillow! Love your vids!

The Empress Lilly

Quite apart from the dearly missed classics, I've been hit hard in recent years:

GMR - tied DHS together, the ride had immense meaning beyond the ride experience itself.
Shark Reef - added so much atmosphere, theme, variety. Typhoon removed what made it unique and replaced it with what can be found everywhere else.
Energy - despite Ellen still an EPCOT original. :mad:
Disney Quest - my main hangout at Springs.
The MK hub - My happy place. The MK really hasn't been the same for me since they replaced its heart for a parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom