Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't believe how cheap this is... are we sure it isn't a typo, and it's $150? That would fit better with Disney's recent pricing strategy.

It's even cheaper if you're doing two or three hops in one day (and some do so they can hit all the 'thrill' rides). You'd have pay Uber for each trip, but with this upcharge, it's as many times as you want in one day.

If anyone's planning more than one hop in a day... this is so very worth it.

Rteetz

So have we thought about another reason why they might be doing this?

It's been rumored that Disney is going to start screening all guests soon. Is this a way to take pressure off the main entrances and give the guests that pay an exclusive quicker entrance to avoid the possible long lines when full screening comes into play.

BrerJon

So Disney is now admitting their bus system sucks and is a miserable experience for guests.

Disney of old would have seen that as a challenge to fix, investing in the system, and better buses, or better yet, looked at innovative alternative transportation methods - imagine where we'd be if the rate of innovation that brought us the monorail and PeopleMovers had been kept up?

Modern Disney just offers a payment plan to bypass a crumbling system, while everyone else enjoys the poorest service they can provide.

Disneyhead'71

So much drama in this thread.
Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is.
  • Disney is a business
  • Walt's been dead and gone for many years now
  • The company is run by different people with a mindset of trying to make as much money as possible
  • They're obviously trying to cater to a different market now
  • Move on (optional, you can complain all you want, but it won't make a difference)
If you're unhappy with these decisions, don't give them the pleasure of your business, nor your money.
I haven't bought a ticket to their parks since 2009.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So Disney is now admitting their bus system sucks and is a miserable experience for guests.

Disney of old would have seen that as a challenge to fix, investing in the system, and better buses, or better yet, looked at innovative alternative transportation methods - imagine where we'd be if the rate of innovation that brought us the monorail and PeopleMovers had been kept up?

Modern Disney just offers a payment plan to bypass a crumbling system, while everyone else enjoys the poorest service they can provide.

This, times a googolplex. "Our bus service used to be good-to-great. Now, it's overloaded and it pretty much sucks. BUT!!!! For the MAGICAL price of $15 per day (subject to change at a moment's notice, particularly near the end of a fiscal quarter), you can be MAGICALLY shuttled from the overcrowded but still MAGICAL Magic Kingdom to a less-crowded MAGICAL park of your choosing!!! Enjoy MORE MAGIC!!!!!"

Edit: I almost forgot to add - "The MAGIC is endless!!!!"

I've always wondered why Disney never implemented some kind of PeopleMover system between parks. Was it cost? Was it complexity?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
COMPLAINTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. OPINIONS ARE INVALID. DIZNEE IS A BIZNESS. DON'T LIKE IT DON'T GO. PAYING CUSTOMERS HAVE NO SAY IN THE PRODUCT THEY ARE GIVEN. THEY ARE JUST LEMMINGS WHO ARE EXPECTED TO PAY MONEY FOR INFERIOR SERVICE BECAUSE TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

Did I do it right?

Good grief, I nearly covered my screen in my beverage of choice when I read this! You win the interwebs.

JennSmith

Don't go to a big city then, standing on a bus or metro (subway/tube) train is normal.
This. For sure! Riding the bus during rush hour in Chicago...sometimes we were smooshed so tightly I could lift my feet off the ground and not fall lol. I would just be held up by the other passengers :D kidding of course, but still...very tight!

MrPromey

I'm surprised that people have missed the real question in this, yet another scheme to squeeze every last penny out of the wallets of guests:

Will these bus drivers have better, more reliable rumors than the run-of-the-mill bus drivers?

I came really close to creating a second account so I could like this comment more than once!

rioriz

So, i'll be the brave one and say...I don't pay for desert parties, festivals, or after hour parties

But I would pay for this in a heartbeat! I'm impatient and hate using the bus system already, especially after the park closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom