News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

tirian

Original Poster
The paid influencer we just found out about was paid to *bash* Disney parks to get certain execs ousted. So... What's Iger paying you guys?
If that’s true.

The Pressler days were awful. DCA 1.0 was a true flop (unlike SWGE), and DL’s maintenance was so bad that Guests died on malfunctioning attractions.

I don’t think anyone needed to bash Disney parks to oust anyone. That era of leadership did a good job committing themselves to failure.

lazyboy97o

If that’s true.

The Pressler days were awful. DCA 1.0 was a true flop (unlike SWGE), and DL’s maintenance was so bad that Guests died on malfunctioning attractions.

I don’t think anyone needed to bash Disney parks to oust anyone. That era of leadership did a good job committing themselves to failure.
And it’s not like Jay Rasulo was that great of a replacement. I do though recall Al singing Jay’s praises early in his tenure.

What did poor Ed Grier do to get the wrath of Al? And why would someone want him out?

bubbles1812

Apparently he didn’t walk around the parks enough. I remember people would complain about that.
Ahaha. I remember that too. But I seem to remember Meg Crofton was the one who was really rail-roaded. The Bobs are no exception to the general rule.

I feel like the takeaway from this thread of thought is that no one ever likes any of execs and we’d all do the jobs better ;)

mhaftman7

I feel like the takeaway from this thread of thought is that no one ever likes any of execs and we’d all do the jobs better ;)

A wise person once said, “Train people so that you can leave. Treat people so that they stay.” I think that definitely applies to what’s going on. There are so many executives that think they can do a better job that they focus up and not down. They are so worried about getting a promotion and knocking people down that they forget to look at their own responsibilities. How many times are you on property and see something that NEVER would’ve occurred even just 5 years ago. Always trying to improve things leaves lower level cast members lost. We just got back from a week at Caribbean Beach Resort and I’m not (fully) complaining just using them as examples of how things have just lost a lot of magic along the way.

Right off the bat, the rooms are never deep cleaned. I know the furniture is heavy, especially the day bed/5th sleeper, but utensils and CLOTHES from previous guests behind it? One night in eight did mousekeeping even try for some magic. They attempt to convince you multiple times upon arrival to decline mousekeeping. Even going as far as bribing you to decline it! (I know that’s been in place for a couple of years, but how is that even saving money? Is mousekeeping an hourly position and it makes it easier to send them home early?)

Bussing is a nightmare (even though it’s been that way for almost 50 years) so let’s start a Minnie Van Service that charges almost TRIPLE what a non-Disney rideshare costs from the same company and doesn’t even give them information about. Plus “regular” Lyft drivers are no where near as long to arrive! As far as bussing goes, I remember a time where people were requested to give up their seats for the elderly, parents with small children, and the disabled. I don’t know if it’s entirely the bussing or just society, but that occurs minimally and I don’t even see the request posted on the windows.

The Cast Members that perform as our favorite characters as always tremendous. Playful and attentive. Cannot complain, but “face-to-face” CMs that provide that magic you expect? One in ten? One in twenty? Maybe more? So many have that vibe of “not another one”. Servers at end of shifts conveniently take longer to not have to seat any additional guests.

Experience starts at the bottom, but is impacted by the top. Don’t advertise magical experiences when they are few and far between. It just seems they’ve gone away from hiring people based off their value and moved toward hiring based off their cost.

Sorry for the rant

tirian

Original Poster
A wise person once said, “Train people so that you can leave. Treat people so that they stay.” I think that definitely applies to what’s going on. There are so many executives that think they can do a better job that they focus up and not down. They are so worried about getting a promotion and knocking people down that they forget to look at their own responsibilities. How many times are you on property and see something that NEVER would’ve occurred even just 5 years ago. Always trying to improve things leaves lower level cast members lost. We just got back from a week at Caribbean Beach Resort and I’m not (fully) complaining just using them as examples of how things have just lost a lot of magic along the way.

Right off the bat, the rooms are never deep cleaned. I know the furniture is heavy, especially the day bed/5th sleeper, but utensils and CLOTHES from previous guests behind it? One night in eight did mousekeeping even try for some magic. They attempt to convince you multiple times upon arrival to decline mousekeeping. Even going as far as bribing you to decline it! (I know that’s been in place for a couple of years, but how is that even saving money? Is mousekeeping an hourly position and it makes it easier to send them home early?)

Bussing is a nightmare (even though it’s been that way for almost 50 years) so let’s start a Minnie Van Service that charges almost TRIPLE what a non-Disney rideshare costs from the same company and doesn’t even give them information about. Plus “regular” Lyft drivers are no where near as long to arrive! As far as bussing goes, I remember a time where people were requested to give up their seats for the elderly, parents with small children, and the disabled. I don’t know if it’s entirely the bussing or just society, but that occurs minimally and I don’t even see the request posted on the windows.

The Cast Members that perform as our favorite characters as always tremendous. Playful and attentive. Cannot complain, but “face-to-face” CMs that provide that magic you expect? One in ten? One in twenty? Maybe more? So many have that vibe of “not another one”. Servers at end of shifts conveniently take longer to not have to seat any additional guests.

Experience starts at the bottom, but is impacted by the top. Don’t advertise magical experiences when they are few and far between. It just seems they’ve gone away from hiring people based off their value and moved toward hiring based off their cost.

Sorry for the rant
No need to apologize; my family felt the same way on our most recent trip. My brother (who’s squarely in the 2-kids-and-over-250k range Disney desires) isn’t interested in returning for “at least 3–5 years.”

TrojanUSC

If that’s true.

Pressler was legitimately bad. Makes a lot of sense that he immediately went to the Gap.

SWGE has its problems, and not hit nearly any attendance benchmark, but very different from the problems a Pressler build would have had.

wdwtopten

I remember a time where people were requested to give up their seats for the elderly, parents with small children, and the disabled. I don’t know if it’s entirely the bussing or just society, but that occurs minimally and I don’t even see the request posted on the windows.

In the past 10 years I have been the WDW at least 20 times and rode the buses often. And never once have I heard a bus driver ask anyone to give up their seat...for any reason whatsoever.

They attempt to convince you multiple times upon arrival to decline mousekeeping. Even going as far as bribing you to decline it!

What do they offer these days? 10 dollars a day on a gift card?

andysol

In the past 10 years I have been the WDW at least 20 times and rode the buses often. And never once have I heard a bus driver ask anyone to give up their seat...for any reason whatsoever.
I heard one driver say it overhead just as an announcement maybe 2-3 years ago, but obviously didn’t directly ask anyone.
He also had everyone clap for military veterans and sang while driving.

That’s the only driver who has done anything like that; so it’s certainly the massive exception.

Then again, I’ve been in plenty of public transportation both domestically and international that have designated “handicapped, elderly or parent with baby/toddler section”. Tokyo Disneyland, for example, has those on their monorail.

Many Disney world guests look like caricatures of what Americans have become.
Over consumerism, over eating and self-centered.

asianway

Sorry for the rant
The reason they “bribe” you to decline housekeeping is that there’s simply not enough labor willing to clean hotel rooms in the greater Orlando area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom