News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

AndyS2992

In the other thread a poster mentioned how on more than one occasion TP2000 started a thread in response to an Al Lutz article.
And he did just the same the other day, name dropping 'Al' and agreeing with his views, as posted previously.

Last edited:

po1998

So let me see if I have this straight...

1 - There is some guy/gal who writes an obscure Disney blog somewhere in the vast bowels of the internet

2 - It is rumored that there may be influencers within our ranks who may spin positive, or may spin negative

3 - It is also rumored about the "real identity" of someone with the username of TP2000, and if this person is ghostwriting under the name Al Lutz.

4 - Supposedly, these influencers are SO POWERFUL, that their voices can cause TWDC execs to lose their jobs

5 - And all of this is so important, that people are wildly speculating/debating/arguing to the tune of 50+ pages(as of today)

My only question...why does anyone care about any of the above? LOL

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And one of the Synders is Dusty Sage's ex-husband? That is really beyond comprehension. It's way personal.

In corporate intrigue, you can expect alliances to be made and unmade with, ahem, "partnering up." It happens all the time. Humans be humaning. Keeping track of who's been partnering with whom can be a tangled web.

When it's a clique of gay men... there ain't enough yarn for all the connections on the old cork board. You're just making a giant pot holder.

Captain Neo

I think the biggest thing to take from this is this....

Disney wants to give the "fans" someone to blame and thats Bob Chapek and they have for years. I don't think he actually is the one solely responsible for a lot of the park issues but if you give parks fans a scapegoat to attack, it deflects blames off others.

Iger always has these scapegoats. When Shanghai blew up in his face and bad news started trickling into American media he threw it all on Tom Staggs and had him take the fall.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So let me see if I have this straight...

1 - There is some guy/gal who writes an obscure Disney blog somewhere in the vast bowels of the internet

2 - It is rumored that there may be influencers within our ranks who may spin positive, or may spin negative

3 - It is also rumored about the "real identity" of someone with the username of TP2000, and if this person is ghostwriting under the name Al Lutz.

4 - Supposedly, these influencers are SO POWERFUL, that their voices can cause TWDC execs to lose their jobs

5 - And all of this is so important, that people are wildly speculating/debating/arguing to the tune of 50+ pages(as of today)

My only question...why does anyone care about any of the above? LOL

Did you not read your own point #4?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I added #8...

8. Left over questions: Did Bob/Zenia ever really direct the editorial hit job on Eisner? Is Bob/Zenia currently directing the finger-pointing at Chapek in case they need a fall-guy?

Yes, and yes. IMHO.

The rest of this? Knowing that those mentioned read this thread... Some personal axe grinding to divert people's attention, by creating DIS community distrust, from their true goal - setting Chapek up to be the fall guy if SW:GE doesn't meet the lofty expectations once RotR opens by taking a page from Iger's playbook in 2004/5. And they got what they wanted - Attention plus the sowing of certain seeds. Rather brilliant, when you take a step back and look at it. Well played, gentlemen, well played. There's probably more than a few kernels of truth in all of it, just with a lot of chaff surrounding them.

I have only one problem with it all, and it's a lesson from the Save Disney days - Be careful what you wish for, because you just may get it. As theme park fans, we wanted Eisner gone (Honestly, it was 2nd Decade Eisner we wanted gone, because 1st Decade Eisner was a rock star with Frank Wells), and look what we got in his place. I'm absolutely in that camp, because I detest The Bobs and their merchandise/synergy/Movie-IP-everywhere ways. I can only hope whoever replaces them isn't more of the same, or worse.

And don't worry about Iger, his money bin will cushion any fall he may have just fine.

Wow. Just reading the Spider-Man/MCU/Disney/Sony news. This week has not been kind to Disney.

rudyjr13

Not to take this too far off topic, but Sony just ended the Spider Man partnership, taking Spider Man out of the MCU. What a rough three day stretch for Disney.

I wonder if this is today’s “bombshell” because as a massive fan of the MCU this sucks if true and the key to the article on Buzzfeed is that it was Disney’s fault. Another shot at Disney.

I have a feeling the studios will work this out though. It’s just silly not to continue with the partnership. This might get more of a negative fan reaction than any of the other issues we have been discussing!

rudyjr13

I thought if one of the two movies made over $1 billion worldwide (which it did), the deal would be extended?

Was that not in the contract or did Sony say "we don't care"?

EDIT: here's the story https://www.thewrap.com/marvel-spider-man-sony/

The Buzzfeed article (Deadline sourced) indicates it was Disney’s fault.

“So Disney, according to Deadline's report, stipulated to Sony that it wanted to split future Spider-Manmovies as a 50/50 co-financing arrangement — which also meant a 50/50 split in the profits. Sony — which produce said no. Disney said fine, removed Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios as producers of Sony's future Spider-Man films, and kicked the character out of the MCU sandbox.”

HmmmmmMMMmm

It was Disney's fault what happened with Sony. Disney got greedy (surprise surprise). Sony liked the partnership creatively and for what it did for the brand but Disney thought they deserved more (surprise surprise). They would be silly not to continue this partnership but the horrors of late stage capitalism has made Iger's Disney Company very silly.

There are a lot of Disney fans (and cast members pretending to be fans) on this board who are bullies. And they're that way because the Disney Corporation is a big bully. This is yet another case of Disney trying to strong arm bully to get more than what they deserve.

Vote with your money, that's how this can all be turned around.

Sonconato

The irony for me was that he was using Disney as a stepping stone to his real goal: to be President of the United States. And while he's at it, make a boat load of money in the meantime. Also, I think that Spirit loved Disney from reading his post over the years. Of course this is just my opinion.

the_rich

Let's see; Spiderman was floundering with Sony, disney puts him into mcu and rehabilitates the character and Disney is somehow wrong. Sony was benefiting big time from the mcu connection. Disney wanted to co-finance and split the profits. I don't see this as being unfair considering Kevin Feige and Marvel were doing all the creative heavy lifting.

Quinnmac000

Let's see; Spiderman was floundering with Sony, disney puts him into mcu and rehabilitates the character and Disney is somehow wrong. Sony was benefiting big time from the mcu connection. Disney wanted to co-finance and split the profits. I don't see this as being unfair considering Kevin Feige and Marvel were doing all the creative heavy lifting.

Which Sony was fitting 100% of the bill so Disney could literally do whatever they wanted. Its not like Sony can make up profit for their BIGGEST IP merch wise etc. The films are the only way they make money. So I do not blame them for this.

the_rich

So unless they hash things out we're going to get yet another Spiderman reboot. Because I really can't see a way of using Holland's Spiderman. He's tied into iron Man and the mcu way too much. That's what we need a 4th Spiderman reboot in the last 2o years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom