News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

MouseBrayden

i believe this article is attempting to present roy as a pawn in iger's rise to success
But the article also represents Save Disney ITSELF as front for a coup by Iger and Zenia.

So the only way the expose holds true based on what we know would be that Roy didn't know about Iger's foul play, but also wanted Eisner gone for his own reasons, Iger used this as an opportunity to achieve his own goals, but Roy got something he wanted too, not knowing of the larger plot, while also posting links to ghost-written Al Lutz articles on SaveDisney.com. Righttttt 🤔

WDW Guru

I go to brunch and this happens?!? :D

This is absolutely hysterical! I still have some reading and responding to do from all the kind private notes people have been sending me here, and I want to read that Medium article again to try and get the gist of what it's saying. Am I Zenia Mucha, or am I Al Lutz? And I have an official corporate title from Burbank? It gets confusing.

I'll post more here a bit later this afternoon, but there's so much reading to do right now!

One thing I'm very confident in is that that Medium article is wrong. Not just wrong, but bizarrely wrong to the point of being not just fictitious but seemingly malicious to some of those people mentioned, some names I know and some I don't.

I hate to put a damper on a late summer party, but this just isn't accurate at all. But my gosh is it funny! I'm a STAR! :cool:

Hes finally spoken..

Brer Oswald

But the article also represents Save Disney as front for a coup by Iger and Zenia.

So the only way the expose holds true based on what we know would be that Roy didn't know about Iger's foul play, but also wanted Eisner gone for his own reasons, Iger used this as an opportunity to achieve his own goals, but Roy got something he wanted too, not knowing of the larger plot, while also having ghost-written Al Lutz articles on SaveDisney.com. Righttttt 🤔
Roy definitely wanted Eisner out for his own reasons. Post Wells, Eisner was leading that ship to disaster, no question. I can see a scenario of Iger promising to restore the Disney legacy and brand Roy in exchange for some help. It’s the ghostwriting part that has me lost.

KevinYee

Whoa now. Sunday just got juicy!!

Some facts:
1. I was Al's co-founder on MiceAge - I had a front row seat, so I know whereof I speak below.
2. It is true that Al has Parkinson's
3. I haven't written for MiceChat in a long time. Last I looked, they were using the name "MiceAge Update" rather than Al's name directly; there was something of a retirement more or less for Al. Could he still be writing occasional articles? Yes, sure. Especially if someone helped him.
4. The very idea that Al didn't write for MiceAge during the SaveDisney years is laughable. That was definitely him. Sure, he had sources, and I suppose they could have included folks in the Iger/Mucha camp. But don't you remember him ridiculing the way Zenia's name was pronounced? Definitely his own voice in those years, so the central premise of the article is wrong.

Since Mr. Synder outed several real names, I suppose it does no harm to reveal he is, in fact, Spirit of 74. Several of you picked up on the tone before I could confirm it.

Knowing that Spirit is the author of that article should change several things for readers. He was frequently a critic of Al, and with Al now sidelined by disease, this feels like a hit piece designed to "win the argument" several years later, and take Al's reputation down a notch.

It was all Al during those SaveDisney years, and he was nowhere close to co-opted by corporate. As noted above, his sources could have included Iger, sure. He could have promoted Iger over others, sure. But nowhere close to what you see with Influencers these days taking handouts and writing "reviews." Al was never comped into anything.

VJ

Since Mr. Synder outed several real names, I suppose it does no harm to reveal he is, in fact, Spirit of 74. Several of you picked up on the tone before I could confirm it.

Knowing that Spirit is the author of that article should change several things for readers. He was frequently a critic of Al, and with Al now sidelined by disease, this feels like a hit piece designed to "win the argument" several years later, and take Al's reputation down a notch.
WHAT.

NateD1226

I CANT. THIS IS TOO MUCH

DCLcruiser

Whoa now. Sunday just got juicy!!

Some facts:
1. I was Al's co-founder on MiceAge - I had a front row seat, so I know whereof I speak below.
2. It is true that Al has Parkinson's
3. I haven't written for MiceChat in a long time. Last I looked, they were using the name "MiceAge Update" rather than Al's name directly; there was something of a retirement more or less for Al. Could he still be writing occasional articles? Yes, sure. Especially if someone helped him.
4. The very idea that Al didn't write for MiceAge during the SaveDisney years is laughable. That was definitely him. Sure, he had sources, and I suppose they could have included folks in the Iger/Mucha camp. But don't you remember him ridiculing the way Zenia's name was pronounced? Definitely his own voice in those years, so the central premise of the article is wrong.

It was all Al during those SaveDisney years, and he was nowhere close to co-opted by corporate. As noted above, his sources could have included Iger, sure. He could have promoted Iger over others, sure. But nowhere close to what you see with Influencers these days taking handouts and writing "reviews." Al was never comped into anything.
Quoted for history.

🍿

Sir_Cliff

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Yeah, it didn't take long to figure out Spirit was the likely author. And, well, he did have a definite agenda and spotty record toward the end...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom