News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

AndyS2992

We still aren't sure that the TP2000 posting here is Troy Porter. I believe that TP said a while back that the "TP" in his name stood for Theme Park... so... he might not actually be Troy Porter? Then again, that could be a diversion.

I dunno. There's not enough proof to me though the logic adds up.
Of course he said that, he isn't just going to out himself as a Disney employee now is he

Stripes

Multiple posters have come onto this site to warn what posters are here working for the company.
These posters are always banned or disappear.

Notice that a person who seems to comment on every thread, day or night without seeming to have time to sleep, hasn't posted anything on this thread? These posters in question always seem to be able to break rules by being out of line, mean, nasty, cruel, and rude without getting their posts deleted or getting banned from this site while people who last back at the aforementioned posters get their responses deleted. Ever wonder why?

There are multiple people who are employed by Disney to gas up some spin on this board and the other Disney boards. It is not hard to figure out who they are.
Has @MisterPenguin been outed now??!

HmmmmmMMMmm

We still aren't sure that the TP2000 posting here is Troy Porter. I believe that TP said a while back that the "TP" in his name stood for Theme Park... so... he might not actually be Troy Porter? Then again, that could be a diversion.

I dunno. There's not enough proof to me though the logic adds up.
30a.jpeg

Cosmic Commando

I just gotta say...this is the first article I've read in long time - about anything - that had me sitting here with my mouth open in awe. Pretty sure I said "oh my God" a few times as well. It was like that part at the end of a long movie when they edit rapid flashbacks to earlier scenes in order to reveal that the main character was actually the villain the whole time.

A plot twist for the ages, really.
Read the beginning with my jaw open, then I mouthed “WOW” when they got to Dusty, then I started laughing uncontrollably when they did TP2000. This is all so crazy!

Good to see Spirit finally got that blog he was always talking about, though! :hilarious:

peng

I believe that Al Lutz is a fake, but SaveDisney probably didn't have that much impact of Eisner getting fired and the writer definately has an axe to grind for Iger. Still if any of this is true, the next few weeks will be very interesting.

cosmicgirl

Here's what I don't get: why would Roy have participated in all of this? I remember the campaign and caught some of what was going on at the time through friends who were following it more closely, but I don't know enough to come up with an explanation for Roy. Wasn't one of the arguments of the campaign the endless sequels and the lack of creativity? Yet Iger has made his legacy on buying IP and spitting out sequels. Why would Roy have supported someone with a vision that was no more creative than Eisner's at the time?

As a side note: Roy was present at the opening of WDSP in March 2002 right alongside Eisner, yet he was absent at DL's 50th in July 2005 when (I think) Iger had already been appointed as the successor but Eisner was still at the helm. If Roy had supported Iger's play with the campaign then why didn't he support him at DL's 50th?

VJ

Here's what I don't get: why would Roy have participated in all of this? I remember the campaign and caught some of what was going on at the time through friends who were following it more closely, but I don't know enough to come up with an explanation for Roy. Wasn't one of the arguments of the campaign the endless sequals and the lack of creativity? Yet Iger has made his legacy on buying IP and spitting out sequals. Why would Roy have supported someone with a vision that was no more creative than Eisner's at the time?

As a side note: Roy was present at the opening of WDSP in March 2002 right alongside Eisner, yet he was absent at DL's 50th in July 2005 when (I think) Iger had already been appointed as the successor but Eisner was still at the helm. If Roy had supported Iger's play with the campaign then why didn't he support him at DL's 50th?
i believe this article is attempting to present roy as a pawn in iger's rise to success

Stitchon

IIRC he was participating in some sort of sailing competition that he had never missed.

Anyway, this entire saga is fascinating to me and the response from the site in question is hysterical in every sense of the word. However, I will say that it's disappointing as a fan who genuinely wanted to believe *someone* was out there using a platform to both advocate for change within the organization and keep the company on their toes in regards to their standards of service, maintenance, etc. It feels like a lot of fansites have sort of fallen in line in order to maintain access to the company, long before Al even took his break. It's unfortunate that the concept of a David standing up to the Goliath in the context of theme park journalism was allegedly just a sham.

cosmicgirl

i believe this article is attempting to present roy as a pawn in iger's rise to success
I don't know... I find it hard to believe that he would not have known Zenia was "helping" him. I remember that somehow the amateurism of it all gave the campaign credibility. Remember the bumper stickers? You just had to send in your address and they'd send you one anywhere in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom