News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Brer Oswald

Does Gary Snyder have anything of note attached to the name “Gary Snyder”? I’m just curious. Whether or not he’s Spirit doesn’t matter.

VJ

Even if the article is 100% bogus, that response from MiceChat was comedy gold and totally worth it.
EEEEEEEEVIILLLL!
2ddb96cdcf202e5d97b20de3e8cced06.jpg

lazyboy97o

Here's what I don't get: why would Roy have participated in all of this? I remember the campaign and caught some of what was going on at the time through friends who were following it more closely, but I don't know enough to come up with an explanation for Roy. Wasn't one of the arguments of the campaign the endless sequels and the lack of creativity? Yet Iger has made his legacy on buying IP and spitting out sequels. Why would Roy have supported someone with a vision that was no more creative than Eisner's at the time?

As a side note: Roy was present at the opening of WDSP in March 2002 right alongside Eisner, yet he was absent at DL's 50th in July 2005 when (I think) Iger had already been appointed as the successor but Eisner was still at the helm. If Roy had supported Iger's play with the campaign then why didn't he support him at DL's 50th?
Roy publicly declared his support for Iger after he was named Eisner’s replacement. I agree that it, along with Iger being chosen, seemed odd, especially how quickly Roy agreed with Iger being appointed and Iger’s decision to keep and promote the leaders of the hated Strategic Planning Group.

Brer Oswald

Roy publicly declared his support for Iger after he was named Eisner’s replacement. I agree that it, along with Iger being chosen, seemed odd, especially how quickly Roy agreed with Iger being appointed and Iger’s decision to keep and promote the leaders of the hated Strategic Planning Group.
Maybe Iger promised some things that Roy was quite fond of? Yesterday, I was discussing in another thread about how the Oswald buyout was mainly for the video game, but now I’m starting to think that it had something to do with this.

lazyboy97o

Maybe Iger promised some things that Roy was quite fond of? Yesterday, I was discussing in another thread about how the Oswald buyout was mainly for the video game, but now I’m starting to think that it had something to do with this.
Oswald was requested by Diane. It was an easy ask since Universal wasn’t using the character but Iger was able to drum up hype about him getting Walt’s “stolen” character back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom