News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not exactly. They knew there is a vocal community that would react negatively to this news. They also know that the majority of their guests including a substantial percentage of that vocal community will still pay for the service. Further they know that a large number of guests expect to pay for services like this.

In short.. they knew they could get away with it.

peter11435

That's cute that you think they'll use the proceeds for more attractions.
Well… they won’t exactly use the profits to build attractions out of the goodness of their hearts. However, if people are willing to pay to ride attractions like Rise, it certainly helps justify the excessive price tags of these modern E-tickets. Additionally when you have parks that don’t have solid rosters of attractions that guests are willing to pay extra for, there will certainly be motivation to provide them and create that demand.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well… they won’t exactly use the profits to build attractions out of the goodness of their hearts. However, if people are willing to pay to ride attractions like Rise, it certainly helps justify the excessive price tags of these modern E-tickets. Additionally when you have parks that don’t have solid rosters of attractions that guests are willing to pay extra for, there will certainly be motivation to provide them and create that demand.
Agree…If more taste for per fee rides or packages develops…it could be advantageous for them to build.

DCLcruiser

Disney doesn't exactly sit stagnant for long. They are constantly added/updating. Not everyone may appreciate the changes, but they happen.

I'm always game for new rides that adults can enjoy.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney doesn't exactly sit stagnant for long. They are constantly added/updating. Not everyone may appreciate the changes, but they happen.

I'm alway game for new rides that adults can enjoy.
Couldn’t disagree with you more…and so does history

since they stopped expanding the footprint - 1998 - they have been as stagnant on average as any amusement operator

regional parks try to add something every 1-2 years to combat stagnation…

what’s Disney’s record in the era of Bob? Not close.

AEfx

In short.. they knew they could get away with it.
And I'm sure they thought this was the perfect time for it. I mean, we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, with Flordia being the hottest of all hot spots, hospitalizations and infections are through the roof, the state couldn't be in worse of a mess - yet, somehow, even in the center of all this, people are still willingly flocking to WDW to pay higher prices for much less. Clearly, they couldn't drive people away even if they tried. So they must figure why not, there doesn't seem to be anything that will stop these folks from coming, Disney can do whatever they want.

DCLcruiser

Couldn’t disagree with you more…and so does history

since they stopped expanding the footprint - 1998 - they have been as stagnant on average as any amusement operator

regional parks try to add something every 1-2 years to combat stagnation…

what’s Disney’s record in the era of Bob? Not close.
Pandora, SWGE, multiple dumbos, Little Mermaid ride, Nemo, 7DMT, MPhilarmagic, RnRC, M:S, Soarin, Rat, etc. These are major rides that have been added to WDW alone.

I can't consider that stagnant. Maybe that is slower than most? I'm not sure. I'll take your word for it.

The Mrs

Pandora, SWGE, multiple dumbos, Little Mermaid ride, Nemo, 7DMT, MPhilarmagic, RnRC, M:S, Soarin, Rat, etc. These are major rides that have been added to WDW alone.

I can't consider that stagnant. Maybe that is slower than most? I'm not sure. I'll take your word for it.
Toy Story land also. The Slinky dog ride is very popular.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My point is not to slam what they’ve built…though there are missteps there too…

it’s to highlight the slowing of additions and doing mostly replacements as crowds grew had caused a decline in the value of the product…
They don’t have the capacity to adjust to anything and that was what made Disney parks unique prior…they could make it spread out or add a couple of hours for overflow.

now?
Paid rides and “after hours”

there are no coincidences here

Last edited:

po1998

Here’s hoping…

charge us and then start plugging in some B,C,D s around the park…end this “mini land”
Nonsense?

where do I sign (the receipt)??
Yeah...but then I wouldn’t be able to ooh and aah for all of 30 seconds while looking at the tens of millions of dollars of fake rock work...and then proceeding to want to bang my head against said rock work, when I realize there isn’t a lot to do in the mini-land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom