News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can only hope the recent "if it ain’t broke, don’t demolish it" revelation may save the pavilion. After all, it might work for SSE.
Start with dirt and do it right.:)

giphy.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They did it right save for that one mechanical thing that spelled its doom.

You know my feelings... if you have to make compromises to use an existing structure, just let me know where to put the explosives.
There’s no reason to make compromises with this one. Like I said thankfully they’ve realised they don’t have to demolish everything. Possibly in the nick of time.

trainplane3

I can only hope the recent "if it ain’t broke, don’t demolish it" revelation may save the pavilion. After all, it might work for SSE.
When you say demo, do you mean a full scale leveling? If so, hearing that about Imagination is terrifying for two reasons: the building is so iconic to Epcot (as was Horizons...) and I have a feeling that whatever replaces it is going to be a metal box with a fancy entrance (M:S) and not something purposely designed. Any odd angle when viewing it will just look bad.
But hearing that about SSE? That's just insanity. Could that proposal be traced back to the Time Racers concept? If it is then they really want a coaster at the front of Epcot, don't they?

DznyRktekt

When you say demo, do you mean a full scale leveling? If so, hearing that about Imagination is terrifying for two reasons: the building is so iconic to Epcot (as was Horizons...) and I have a feeling that whatever replaces it is going to be a metal box with a fancy entrance (M:S) and not something purposely designed. Any odd angle when viewing it will just look bad.
But hearing that about SSE? That's just insanity. Could that proposal be traced back to the Time Racers concept? If it is then they really want a coaster at the front of Epcot, don't they?
Or worse yet, a hotel in place of SSE?

TabulaRasa

There’s no reason to make compromises with this one. Like I said thankfully they’ve realised they don’t have to demolish everything. Possibly in the nick of time.
Please tell me that demolishing SSE isn’t actually a proposal. That building is the second most iconic structure in all of WDW. Not only that, it’s synonymous with Epcot. Everyone is familiar with that the building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are things rapidly moving forward for the park?
Rapid.... I wouldn’t say rapid but things are still happening.

From what I know (which isn’t nearly everything and I don’t claim to be right!) these are still happening

A UK development
Brazil
A new night show
The central spine will be altered
A new movie in Circle of Life eventually
Wonders should be used for more than storage and festivals
There is long term discussion for the Imag complex and SSE but this is way in the distance
I’m surprised there’s been no movement with the Space TSR yet.

There’s a few other things I don’t think have been discussed yet that are proposed, but I can’t mention them unless they become apparent. Some things I assume are still going to happen (like the China update) but are conspicuous by their recent quietness.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Rapid.... I wouldn’t say rapid but things are still happening.

From what I know (which isn’t nearly everything and I don’t claim to be right!) these are still happening

A UK development
Brazil
A new night show
The central spine will be altered
A new movie in Circle of Life eventually
Wonders should be used for more than storage and festivals
There is long term discussion for the Imag complex and SSE but this is way in the distance
I’m surprised there’s been no movement with the Space TSR yet.

There’s a few other things I don’t think have been discussed yet that are proposed, but I can’t mention them unless they become apparent. Some things I assume are still going to happen (like the China update) but are conspicuous by their recent quietness.

I know this isn't technically in the park, but I would consider it to be among new and recent developments for Epcot.
Where does the Epcot Hotel fall within all this? That is, if it is actually happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom