Expidition Everest, a return to real Magic?

peter11435

bhg469 said:
Im mega excited about the ride, I am however a little let down. I am probably going to get attacked baout this so ill get my flame proof suit out. This has been on my mind for a while and i dont know quite how to put it but here it goes. EE seems like its going to be an outstanding ride but it lacks origionality on one level. I know what you're probably thinking, this kid is on crack but hear me out. Why does the end of the ride have to be a drop? I know alot of people like a drop on the ride but instead of going for the cheap thrill why not think of something new to do. Revenge of the mummy has a fake ending to the ride, i know i know how dare I mention universal!! But its just something different that people dont expect. Im not saying that disney should do the same thing but i feel theres a few other ways to go other than a huge drop. Disneyworld had decades of success without one large drop until splash mountain came along. Even rnrc doesnt have any big drops, and that is my favorite disney ride, still there is no lack of thrills on it either. I just hope the future isnt a bunch of roller coasters and tower rides. I guess i have said what i wanted to say. ill let you yell at me now. :wave:
Somehow I doubt people will expect the ride to travel backwards, any more than they do the mummy's false ending. I would say that the backwards portion is Everests originality.

The_CEO

Especially considering most people who don't go on boards like this, won't expect it. ^ like stated there. Cause it isn't visible from ground..

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The_CEO said:
Especially considering most people who don't go on boards like this, won't expect it. ^ like stated there. Cause it isn't visible from ground..
sometimes it kind of makes me wish i didnt know what i know. lol it has been soooo hard not to spoil the surprise to my parents and wife (hopefully fall 06) riding for the first time.

SirGoofy

Great points, I agree with all of them, especially the AA part. Soarin' and M:S are great, but without AAs they seem a bit lacking. The AA is the trademark of a Disney ride. Sure Uni has some, but honestly, they move as well as a two legged turtle. Rides like Splash and Dinosaur seem so much more real because you know you aren't looking at a screen. You feel like there is a dino chasing you, not like you are in a super movie theater. Not that I am saying screen rides are bad, but AAs add so much.

Captain Chaos

bhg469 said:
Im mega excited about the ride, I am however a little let down. I am probably going to get attacked baout this so ill get my flame proof suit out. This has been on my mind for a while and i dont know quite how to put it but here it goes. EE seems like its going to be an outstanding ride but it lacks origionality on one level. I know what you're probably thinking, this kid is on crack but hear me out. Why does the end of the ride have to be a drop? I know alot of people like a drop on the ride but instead of going for the cheap thrill why not think of something new to do. Revenge of the mummy has a fake ending to the ride, i know i know how dare I mention universal!! But its just something different that people dont expect. Im not saying that disney should do the same thing but i feel theres a few other ways to go other than a huge drop. Disneyworld had decades of success without one large drop until splash mountain came along. Even rnrc doesnt have any big drops, and that is my favorite disney ride, still there is no lack of thrills on it either. I just hope the future isnt a bunch of roller coasters and tower rides. I guess i have said what i wanted to say. ill let you yell at me now. :wave:

One important thing: MUMMY STUNK!!!!!

imagineersrock

SirGoofy said:
Great points, I agree with all of them, especially the AA part. Soarin' and M:S are great, but without AAs they seem a bit lacking. The AA is the trademark of a Disney ride. Sure Uni has some, but honestly, they move as well as a two legged turtle. Rides like Splash and Dinosaur seem so much more real because you know you aren't looking at a screen. You feel like there is a dino chasing you, not like you are in a super movie theater. Not that I am saying screen rides are bad, but AAs add so much.
Your post is a great point in itself. You are totally right about Dinosaur---While I've ridden it more times than I can count, I still find it a great thrill each and every time. Splash Mountain... Speaks for itself, classic Disney. I for one am very glad to see that same level of quality work being put into EE.

Lynx04

bhg469 said:
Revenge of the mummy has a fake ending to the ride, i know i know how dare I mention universal!! But its just something different that people dont expect.

How about a nice backward portion that I know people won't expect on this attraction. That is the part that I am most excited to experience. One thing to remember is that both attractions were conceived the same time so Disney really doesn't have the opportunity to go back and change anything.

I.M.Fearless

I gotta say, Expedition Everest is the only contender right now for a ride that will replace Big Thunder Mountian Railroad as my all-time favorite... and it's for the same reasons that CoffeeJedi stated. And I'm not one who would treat a subject like that so easily (what with over 200 times on BTMRR, I'd have an awful lot of work to do when Everest opens).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom