Expedition Everest's Devil's Advocate

tonganprince

There was a 3 hour wait when I went. Never got to go on. :mad:

I watched for a while and everyone seemed to love it.

Lots of screams at the drop

I can't go on. :(

goofyfan13

SirGoofy said:
They can't compare it to Kingda Ka, cuz it NEVER works.:fork:

Cause Six Flags' maintenance blows. :lol:

I too have yet to hear a negative review from anyone. I just took 2 friends on it for the first time, and they even loved it in "B" mode.

ballewclan

tonganprince said:
There was a 3 hour wait when I went. Never got to go on. :mad:

I watched for a while and everyone seemed to love it.

Lots of screams at the drop

I can't go on. :(

You didnt go on because of a 3 hour wait?! Thats the one ride i wouldnt mind spending all day in the queue!

tonganprince

ballewclan said:
You didnt go on because of a 3 hour wait?! Thats the one ride i wouldnt mind spending all day in the queue!

I know. We were leaving for Naples and I didn't want to make the wife and kids wait. WHY ME! :brick:

Tim G

As Joe beautifully said.... It's a fast ride... only a fast ride for the whole family, so it's fast, but not as fast as R'nR, but who cares... it's fun!

So that makes it, a Fast, Fun Ride for the whole family... :D :D :D

OmegaKnight

As someone who works at Expedition Everest, I can tell you that guests are absolutely loving this ride. Sure, you can't please everyone but judging from the comments I am hearing guests say, Disney has built themselves a winner.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Corrus said:
As Joe beautifully said.... It's a fast ride... only a fast ride for the whole family, so it's fast, but not as fast as R'nR, but who cares... it's fun!

So that makes it, a Fast, Fun Ride for the whole family... :D :D :D
Nicely said.

Epcot82Guy

I agree entirely. I am looking forward to the ride, but I am FULLY confident that RnRC will still give the greatest thrill on property. I don't think EE was ever made to compete with that. 50mph by coaster standards isn't much at all. Comparing it to CP, this attraction rivals the Blue Streak in height (a VERY mild coaster). Therefore, if you are expecting a major, scary thrill ride, you WILL find it boring. I can't wait to go on it, though, because I am hoping to compare it with SM and BTMRR. Neither of these coasters are ANYTHING coaster-wise, but they are a lot of FUN. There is an element of surprise, re-ridability, and context to it. Now, I may be disappointed, sure, but I at least want to go into it comparing apples with apples. However, if there is a lot to see, a lot of figure out for myself, etc., I hopefully will not be.

T-5 months until my adventure! :sohappy:

TimeTrip

I was underwhelmed when I rode it. Not all it was cracked up to be IMO. Someone mentioned that it was an ATTRACTION and not a COASTER. I think it is ho-hum as an attraction, and slightly above ho-hum as a coaster. But thats just me. But at least it's on the negative comment side, of which there appear to be few on this webboard :)

AndyMagic

peter11435 said:
RnR was no more designed by a different company than EE was. The tracks in both cases were designed and built by Vekoma everything else was WDI.

I haven't read the rest of the thread to see if anyone else corrected you but no, you are incorrect. Vekoma designed the track AND layout of RnR, (Hence how they were legally allowed to clone it at a Six Flags park without Disney's permission). Disney designed the layout of Expedition Everest. I didn't need Everest to be faster, I needed either a better, more interesting layout or a more interesting dark ride mixed in. EE provided neither and thus, was disappointing.

peter11435

AndyMagic said:
I haven't read the rest of the thread to see if anyone else corrected you but no, you are incorrect. Vekoma designed the track AND layout of RnR, (Hence how they were legally allowed to clone it at a Six Flags park without Disney's permission). Disney designed the layout of Expedition Everest. I didn't need Everest to be faster, I needed either a better, more interesting layout or a more interesting dark ride mixed in. EE provided neither and thus, was disappointing.
That may be true. I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the EE track was designed by Vekoma. Maybe Lee can provide more information about this.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I finally had an opportunity to experience Everest first hand a week and a half ago, while on a trip to Orlando with my brother. We rode it twice and were pretty much unimpressed both times. I'm a Disney fan, but I never allow that to cloud my judgment or to view things with rose-colored glasses simply because they are Disney. I pretty much think that anyone who is going to come back and say Everest is "Awesome" or "Amazing", has got be looking at it through rose-colored glasses. It is a major letdown in my opinion.

Lee

Adventurer
peter11435 said:
That may be true. I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the EE track was designed by Vekoma. Maybe Lee can provide more information about this.

The way I understood it, EE's track was "technically" designed by Vekoma, but had to meet the specifications and general layout needs set out by WDI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom