Expedition Everest stopped

Mr. Spock

While I think in time Orlando would have grown because of where it is located, WDW gave it a boost 20 years ahead of it's time.

Agreed.

We know that expedition everest needs fixing but the fact that people keep picking at it gets old, Im sure that disney has something in the works but some of you people just like to argue. Once they fix the yeti Im sure you'll find something else to complain about.

I dont live my life like that;)

EE is one of the most embarassing things to happen to WDW in it's history. The Yeti will not be fixed anytime soon and it is nothing but cheapness.

Thurp

Neat pic! Any more? :)

Thanks. I do have a few more of people exiting the trains, but you see faces. I have a video of us walking down the mountain but it's too shaky and you can't see anything. I was disappointed when I looked at it afterward.

janoimagine

We know that expedition everest needs fixing but the fact that people keep picking at it gets old, Im sure that disney has something in the works but some of you people just like to argue. Once they fix the yeti Im sure you'll find something else to complain about.

I dont live my life like that;)

Neither do I, and I don't argue just for the sake of argument. I am simply trying to hold Disney to the bar that they have set themselves. Bad show is bad show, it's a pretty black and white issue. You can't argue with the facts, and the fact is they let this go for way to long. :D

blm07

Um why is it so hard to believe that Disney would run extra trains to keep the attendance numbers up? Yeah, they like to say X number of people have been on the ride per hour, too bad they were just sitting there for part of the ride.

Take a look at Small World and Pirates, the boats are ALWAYS backed up. And why is that? I'm guessing so that they can hold more people on the ride. It's good to get people off their feet, but now you can't get through the whole ride without a traffic jam at the end. Take a few boats out!

The next step is to add more doom buggies.

If we were on the news everytime Splash or Thunder had to evac, people would be begging for the rides to be permanently shut down. Must have been a crazy slow news day mixed with some bored guests.

Phonedave

Well, depends. In this case, I'm sure they did, but it's definitely not official policy to always do so and definitely not always done. Usually depends on how long you were stuck.

While we were not evaced, we were next in load when BTMRR went 101 and went down hard (it went down, and within a minute they were announcing that it was down and would not be back up for some time)

They CM's were handing out stacks of universal fast passes to those being evaced and who were in line. I hear the one CM say to the other as she handed over a stack of FP's "this is all we have, just hand them out until you run out, and then apoligize to anyone else"

On the other hand I have been evaced off of rides and received absoulety nothing.

So yea, it depends.

-dave

Mr. Spock

While we were not evaced, we were next in load when BTMRR went 101 and went down hard (it went down, and within a minute they were announcing that it was down and would not be back up for some time)

They CM's were handing out stacks of universal fast passes to those being evaced and who were in line. I hear the one CM say to the other as she handed over a stack of FP's "this is all we have, just hand them out until you run out, and then apoligize to anyone else"

On the other hand I have been evaced off of rides and received absoulety nothing.

So yea, it depends.

-dave

Yup I was stuck on HM for over an hour with three peope in the Doombuggie, we were given a choice of three FP's.

Mansion Butler

Not true every time I have been stuck I have been brought right back on no matter the ride.
It is true, and I say this as a Cast Member who has evac'd with and without handing out re-ads and who has been evac'd with and without getting re-ads. I'm not making this up, I know what I'm talking about.

If you've gotten a re-ad every time (which I think is what you mean from your sentence) you're kind of lucky. I'm assuming across property they're handed out after evacs far more often than they're not, so it's not that lucky, but just because you've always gotten one doesn't mean they're always handed out. It's up to manager discretion.

fosse76

Is that supposed to be funny?:shrug::eek::snore::lookaroun

It may have been a reference to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal. Apparently, the ride stopped due to a technical problem (you know, like every other ride ever built). Instead of waiting for employees, a few guests called 911. My understanding is that the ride only malfunctioned for a couple of minutes, but becauser of the 911 calls they had to evacuate instead of restart the ride.

Mr. Spock

Huh? When was this?

2 YEARS ago I was stuck on HM fo almost an hour and 25 minutes. I was told (I am a CM as well) the who ever was supposed to be in charge went MIA for a while. That set things back. THe ride started and stopped 3 times and by the time they evaced us it was an hour and 25.

They were giving out FP's like candy becasue they screwed up royaly.

Mansion Butler

2 YEARS ago I was stuck on HM fo almost an hour and 25 minutes. I was told (I am a CM as well) the who ever was supposed to be in charge went MIA for a while. That set things back. THe ride started and stopped 3 times and by the time they evaced us it was an hour and 25.

They were giving out FP's like candy becasue they screwed up royaly.
Yeah, that shouldn't happen.

What do you mean by choice of three Fast Passes?

Mansion Butler

They gave us a choice of one for BTM, SM, or Splash.
Where they doing that for everyone? Because I've never seen or heard of anything like that (and that's my attraction and was well before then). We have a big stack of re-ads stored in the office, that's what they're there for. That makes it sound like someone was pulling FPs out of their pockets or something. Part of the idea is you're supposed to get a FP for any attraction, not just the one they give to you.

I'm now intensely curious about this, because everything about it is remarkably unusual. And also off-topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom