Expedition Everest "Secret"....

awallaceunc

I know Splash is 4.5 stories, right? How do they define a story... 10 feet? That would make Splash 45 feet, which seems about right, but I'm not too sure.

-Aaron

There was something or other that came out several months ago that talked a little about E:E coming out and while it didn't mention anything about being thrown, it did say the coaster would go to a point where it sees the Yetti and then go backwards. Perhaps this backwards it mentioned is "being thrown" or maybe it's just you are riding backwards trying to escape the Yetti. Personally I think the idea of being thrown is possible and would be awesome!

flyersmv

Originally posted by JBSLJames
80 feet - Is that the biggest drop on the ride?

well for a roller coaster type ride.....yes it would be the highest in WDW but in any attraction no it wouldnt be......any one remember that little attraction............ToT

KevinPage

Originally posted by JBSLJames
For a major attraction, 80 feet doesn't seem too high. Maybe it's just me.

Height and speed are not the indicators of a good roller coaster or ride. It's all about how the elements transition between each other.

I've been on a 310 ft coaster that goes 92 mph (Millenium Force), that was less than half as intense as a 110 ft 60mph coaster (The Legend). Both are great rides, but completely different. And the SMALLER #'s were a far better ride.

So try not to put too much stock into height & speed. :D

imagineer boy

Originally posted by blackride
I take it the Yeti is going to be similar to the large bug in Journey to the Center of the Earth?

No, its not going to be like the lava monster. Its going to be sort of like big foot. A large man like gorilla with white hair covering its whole body and possibly some horns.

yensidtlaw1969

Originally posted by awallaceunc
I know Splash is 4.5 stories, right? How do they define a story... 10 feet? That would make Splash 45 feet, which seems about right, but I'm not too sure.

-Aaron
The drop on Splash Mountain is 52.5 feet tall.:D :D:eek:

Goodeone

Originally posted by KevinPage
I've been on a 310 ft coaster that goes 92 mph (Millenium Force), that was less than half as intense as a 110 ft 60mph coaster (The Legend). Both are great rides, but completely different. And the SMALLER #'s were a far better ride.

So try not to put too much stock into height & speed. :D

And then you've got rides that are meant to thrill you with their just their height and speed (Top Thrill Dragster anyone?), and they work too.

But having a huge first drop isn't what Disney was trying to do with EE, and i'm sure that it will be absolutely amazing. Disney isn't really interested in joining the coaster race, just making rides that are incredibly enjoyable for the whole family.

bhg469

Originally posted by TheCoasterKid
And then you've got rides that are meant to thrill you with their just their height and speed (Top Thrill Dragster anyone?), and they work too.

But having a huge first drop isn't what Disney was trying to do with EE, and i'm sure that it will be absolutely amazing. Disney isn't really interested in joining the coaster race, just making rides that are incredibly enjoyable for the whole family.

amen to that, i used to hate roller coasters because of large drops. Rock n roller coasster is one of my favorite rides because of that, goes fast as hell but not really any sharp drops.

ogryn

yep, I hate the drops as well. I only go on Kraken because the rest of the ride is good (the drop is a female dog). The drop on a rollercoaster is a neccessay evil :)

I don't really do tower rides either, I don't enjoy them so I don't see the point in riding them :(

ToTBellHop

I really doubt anything like this will happen, but it is definitely possible to shift the surrounding cave to make guests feel like they are moving much in the way that in the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, the room shifts during the rolling boulder scene to make you feel like your jeep is going backwards and the boulder is moving toward you, when neither are occurring. But, with the train being so much bigger, this would be very expensive and improbable. It just looks like a normal brake run to me...regardless, one thing is for sure--this will be a nice long ride! With all those helix turns, I'm sure it'll approach a mile of track...California Screamin' at DCA is 6072 feet long...and Everest looks to be about the same length to me.

As for audio...I certainly hope there is on-ride audio! Disney hasn't built many coasters in recent years without it...except the moderately inexpensive Primeval Whirl...all the big coasters have been designed with on-ride audio though.

iluvstitch

It can still be an amazing ride w/out a huge drop- I rode ROTM and I don't think that had a big drop- it goes up a hill at one point but I think that's about it. The backwards drop in ROTM is less thrilling than the drop in Maelstrom in my opinion, so I think EE will be better in that aspect.

I've been on that Superman coaster at Six Flags that someone mentioned earlier. Yeah, it has a big drop, but the only real theming is that it is painted red and blue and there may be a coke machine w/superman on it nearby. :lol: Disney rides may not have the huge drops, but they don't need that to draw people in. They have theming that immerses you in the story and makes the ride much more interesting. All in all, I think EE is going to be awesome! -Stephanie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom