Expedition Everest "Secret"....

speck76

Originally posted by ogryn
The management have got too involved in the Imagineering process by cutting out budgets.

Now this is something that has been bothering me for quite some time, especially because I am a financial manager. I keep reading that the majority of new projects are having their budgets cut, but on the other hand, it seems like many major projects (Epcot anyone...) seem to come in WAY over budget.

Budgets are important people. If too many attractions come in over budget, it directly effects the bottom line. Also, by directly effecting the bottom line, it can effect the stock price. Now, many of you don't think the WDC should make decisions simply to increase the value of the stock, but they have to. Not for all of you "1-share owners", but for the pension funds and mutual funds that have hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the company. Also, a lower stock price increases the chances of another company trying to buy WDC.

Now, sticking to budgets may not be the best way to create the most magical attractions, but please get real, maybe if more attections could be created under budget, or even on par with the budget, some of these cuts may not need to take place.

cloudboy

Maybe they are doing a really, really bad job budgetting?

One or two jobs over budget is probably something to do with the project. But consistent, time after time problems are usuaully a sign that they are just not budgeting correctly. So they either have to stop thinking big (which may be a disater) or start realizing these things cost money and they need to be either more selective of just plain suck it up and accept it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom