Expedition Everest "Secret"....

JonnyP

Regardless of all of the speculation and disappointment due to it, those of us who truly know Disney realize that the Magic will be there, and with that Magic, what else really matters?
Jonny

JBSLJames

Any coincidence the DUH backwards is HUD which rhymes with pud which you all must be slappen. Everyone knows that the Yeti is going to eat the train, people and all, right, I mean, RIGHT??

Chape19714

When i saw this up close and in person, i have to say that it really looks like just a bracking platform to slow the ride down. The piece contained several wheels which is a commonly used way to slow a ride down. (it could be to speed it up, but i'm pretty sure it's to slow it down as the LIM would probally be used for a speed up) That's what i thought i saw, nothing special. Does not even look half-way equiped for anything that was suggested previously. I am going to see EE again on Thursday, and i'll have more pics. by Fri. Afternoon sent to update the website. I'll be sure to take a "close-up" or two on this impaticular ride piece.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Any coincidence the DUH backwards is HUD which rhymes with pud which you all must be slappen.

And it also rhymes with JUDD...which, after that remark...I'll be slappin' :lol: jk

themouseman

Re: Re: Expedition Everest "Secret"....

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Please don't say "DUH" making it seem like we're all dense when this is a direct quote from you. Nowhere in your quote did you say anything about the track raising or it being on hydraulics...

Nobody said, "DUH" to you when you made the thread...Everyone here is logically trying to explain how this will happen or why it won't.

ahahahah WDWFREAK53 i still cant stop la... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
The flat sections of track are brake runs, not lifting-in-the-air-sections.

Seriously. Stop the train, have it lifted, put it back down, rejoin the track, get it moving again, all while interacting with the yeti? Technical nightmare. A "101" waiting to happen, not to mention a capacity killer.

Nope.

grandmath

Does someone know how steep will the biggest drop be? Will the coaster also have other drops and/or airtime or will just go around in circles like BTM...?

flyersmv

nobody can really kno exactly what disney is going to do with E:E but all we really do kno is that its gonna be good...i mean with the stuff the ppl at UNiversal did with RToTM is great so we kno disney must have a tone of stuff up their sleaves.....i think we will all be happy with what they do :)

JBSLJames

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
And it also rhymes with JUDD...which, after that remark...I'll be slappin' :lol: jk

Yep, Pretty much as I was typing my response, I knew the ol' Judd rhyme would do me in. It was kind of catchy though, wasn't it?

Oh well, I will make no further comment until it is least requested.

speck76

Instead of making the track move, they could potentially make the room move, giving the look that you are being picked up, without having to move the track.

Anyway, on Sunday I noticed that some sections of the track were wrapped in plastic...I assume this is to protect the LIMs...I have seen other parks do this to protect the LIMs.

Chape19714

Yes, the train will go in a huge circle, if you look at some of the pictures, you can make out a complete circle just like BTMRR.

Lee

Adventurer
Sort of misleading.

It will wind in and around the mountain, sort of like Matterhorn, but will also have a couple nice drops. Like, say, the 80 footer.

DarkMeasures

It is actually very possible for the Yeti Lifting segment without the train actually leaving the track. That would be if hydralics were attached to a piece of track that could easily de-attach or re-attach.... which would also work well with moving the train to the backwards portion.

But it is still unlikely but if it does happen, boom this ride could be the next and first Traditional Disney E-ride we have had in a while.

bhg469

Originally posted by Lee
Sort of misleading.

It will wind in and around the mountain, sort of like Matterhorn, but will also have a couple nice drops. Like, say, the 80 footer.

now looking at the track design i didnt really see a straight 80 foot drop. Someone made a whole video of the track and it didnt seem to drop much at all is that definitely something they are planning for the ride?

Lee

Adventurer
Yep, there is an 80 foot drop. Check the concept art, it will be the drop that exits the mountain in the front, in view of guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom