Expedition Everest: No strobe on Yeti

WeekendGM

Original Poster
Just went on EE and the stobe on the yeti was not working still roaring but no lights what so ever in the last room.

huntzilla

I can confirm this. I was on Everest yesterday and today, both days had no light whatsoever, in the final cave scene. I have been trying to figure out what is going on but no confirmation yet.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If they can't even keep a strobe light working, it certainly comes as no surprise that the Yeti has yet to be fixed.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I heard they are going to replace the yeti with a Jedi character who waves his hand in front of your face and says "There is no Yeti"...more synergy than whats happening now.

The Duck

When I rode EE a couple of weeks ago, the strobe was working but the flash/dark ratio was way off. The scene was mostly dark with a split second of light. It seems to me that if they want to "simulate movement" it should be a rapid fire flash. But then what do I know? I flunked Yeti Lighting at Vo-tech.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I heard they are going to replace the yeti with a Jedi character who waves his hand in front of your face and says "There is no Yeti"...more synergy than whats happening now.

Actually to be more effective the Jedi would be telling you "the Yeti is working fine, DAK is a full day park, and Avatar will be spectacular. Go buy something and join DVC".

Tom Morrow

When I rode EE a couple of weeks ago, the strobe was working but the flash/dark ratio was way off. The scene was mostly dark with a split second of light. It seems to me that if they want to "simulate movement" it should be a rapid fire flash. But then what do I know? I flunked Yeti Lighting at Vo-tech.
This has always bugged me too about the strobe effect. Its like its not even a well done strobe effect... and how hard is that to mess up? Seriously. Even B-Mode Yeti could be so much more with just a few more light effects.

TestTrack

What is all this wet sidewalk talk? Is this some WDWmagic inside joke I am not in on or is there some legit complaint here?

I do agree with others that the yeti is so hard to see even with strobe that probably a lot of people never know he's even there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom