Expedition Everest : main lift installed!!

Tim G

Lee said:
One of the Burgandy metallic ones....with sorcerer Mickey and my name on front...sweeeeeet. ;)
Pssst......... call it bronze...

Your name is on front, the sorcerer on the side... :kiss:

Tim G

Lee said:
In person...no. What I have seen was a photo of the mock up at the Vekoma factory. I don't believe they are on site at AK yet, at least they weren't last I heard.

I believe so, yes. But, they don't look like typical engine cars...besides being in the back.

Weren't visible to me...but I believe they will be there.

Much better than Big Thunder. More modern, different restraints, different themeing, etc.

A leisurely train tour through a tea plantation and into the mountains goes somewhat awry...... :sohappy:
But......... why do people think lift will be on the left side of the picture... :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Corrus said:
Your name is on front, the sorcerer on the side... :kiss:

That's what I meant by "my name on the front"...I wasn't clear. :hammer:

But......... why do people think lift will be on the left side of the picture...

Ummmm.....what? :veryconfu

Shaman

Any confirmations on what type of restraints these trains will have...lap restraints or over the shoulder??

(I think I've asked this question before...just want to know if there is anything official)

AndyP

ogryn said:
Everest Ladder!!!

jmaxwell007 said:
SWEET!!!!

he is yellow though.............................. my fav. is red.

You think they would buy two ladders!!! That would push the budget, its the same ladder, just refurbished! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

disnyfan89

objr said:
Any confirmations on what type of restraints these trains will have...lap restraints or over the shoulder??

(I think I've asked this question before...just want to know if there is anything official)
I have a feeling we will be seeing the same restraints that is on the mummy on this one.

DarkMeasures

disnyfan89 said:
I have a feeling we will be seeing the same restraints that is on the mummy on this one.

We wouldn't see Mummy restraints. We would see restraints used by Vekoma and as far as I am sure, Vekoma did not build the Mummy. I thinkit will most likely be standard T-bars or a L-bar, but definitly not a 2 person bar.

disnyfan89

I said I think we will be seeing the same kind of restraints from Mummy on EE because looking at the track it looks like it uses the same kind of curves and angles that mummy has which with out the restraints that it ha would toss its riders very violently back and forth. I for one would feel more safe if we had the same restraints from the mummy but I can understand if Disney uses just regular restraints.

Lynx04

disnyfan89 said:
I said I think we will be seeing the same kind of restraints from Mummy on EE because looking at the track it looks like it uses the same kind of curves and angles that mummy has which with out the restraints that it ha would toss its riders very violently back and forth. I for one would feel more safe if we had the same restraints from the mummy but I can understand if Disney uses just regular restraints.
The type of restraints have nothing to do with the curves and angles and everything to do with the manufactor and what Disney wants.

Case in point TTD at Cedar has lap bars and Kingda Ka at SFGAD will have OTSR. Kingda Ka is pratically the same coaster, however Six Flags - probably due to the recent problems Intamin has been having with there restraints - chose to have over the shoulder restraints.

I think lee on this board has some good info on EE, maybe he might know.

bbll24

The OSTR's on Kingda Ka have nothing to do with Intamin's problems, it is because Ka has a 115 ft. bunny hill after the top hat, offering insane airtime. I personally hoped it would have lapbars.

Does anyone know how fast EE will be, I thought I heard it would be in the 50 mph range.

Lynx04

bbll24 said:
The OSTR's on Kingda Ka have nothing to do with Intamin's problems, it is because Ka has a 115 ft. bunny hill after the top hat, offering insane airtime. I personally hoped it would have lapbars.

Does anyone know how fast EE will be, I thought I heard it would be in the 50 mph range.
If that is the case then, this is the first time I have ever heard that a bunny hill would require OTSR. Even though the hill will give you air time it is not the air time that will violently throw you out of your seat. It is a long constant airtime, which could be controlled by a lap bar. You will probably get more negative Gs going over the top hat then on the bunny hill. If the Chiller at Six Flags and Flight of Fear at PKD and PKI can have lapbars that can keep you in your seats with all the twisting, turning and inverting; then physically speaking, lapbars can do the same with Kingda Ka.

bbll24

This hill will provide floater air similar to Millennium Force opposed to pops of air like S:RoS. Maybe they didn't want people coming out of their seats for too long.

Sorry that was a little off topic, anyways Everest is gonna be awesome!

Lynx04

bbll24 said:
Sorry that was a little off topic, anyways Everest is gonna be awesome!
Yes, I agree it is shaping up to be a very interesting ride. I can't think of any other coaster out there that has a backwards portion the way EE does, well except the Mummy in Cali. But the cool thing about this backwards is not going to be in the dark, at least I don't think so. It will be cool to go backwards through a cave and be able to see how fast your going.

maxime29

Premium Member
The more I look at it, the more I think of the ride as a "new-age Matterhorn mountain". Looks like everything is coming along nicely.

Jekyll

disnyfan89 said:
Steve has just posted pics of the main lift being installed on the main sight

Good looking out..now all we need is some different angles so we can see what the first drop is going to be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom