Expedition Everest : main lift installed!!

ogryn

WDWScottieBoy said:
From what I understand, the hurricanes didn't do anything to EE so I'm guessing it wasn't pushed back, maybe a week or two if that. I think they've allowed plenty of time that the hurricanes won't have any effect on the the opening date. Of course we still have one more hurricane season to go through before opening date. :brick:

I would have thought it would have been finished by next Hurricane season, and testing begun. I doubt the next season will cause any problems.

SFSC26

very true....i guess many people wanted an early 2005 opening.....

has a hurrricane ever effected the contstruction of any disney attraction before?

Lynx04

SFSC26 said:
does anyone have an idea of how far the hurricanes set back construction
I doubt it set them back far at all. Unlike what some people think (40 million dollars in damage), these people have preparation plans for these types of issues. I don't think it set them back any further then the time it took them to secure the necessary items, the length of the hurricane and then to get everthing back to where it needs to be. Which isn't that long, but maybe someone with more knowledge in construction can give more clear details. Also, was at least one of the hurricanes over the weekend, so if that is the case it would not cut into construction time, unless the work on the weekends. But this notion that the ride was suppose to open in late '05 and now because of the hurricanes they won't open until spring '06 is not true. In the planning stages they have calculated these set backs into there plans and the hurricane did not cause 5 to 6 months of setbacks.

peter11435

Lynx04 said:
I doubt it set them back far at all. Unlike what some people think (40 million dollars in damage), these people have preparation plans for these types of issues. I don't think it set them back any further then the time it took them to secure the necessary items, the length of the hurricane and then to get everthing back to where it needs to be. Which isn't that long, but maybe someone with more knowledge in construction can give more clear details. Also, was at least one of the hurricanes over the weekend, so if that is the case it would not cut into construction time, unless the work on the weekends. But this notion that the ride was suppose to open in late '05 and now because of the hurricanes they won't open until spring '06 is not true. In the planning stages they have calculated these set backs into there plans and the hurricane did not cause 5 to 6 months of setbacks.
Yeah, I don't think they have been set back much if it all by the hurricanes. However, I only go to AK on Saturday's and they are always working even on the weekends.

SFSC26

yea....good point, forgot about leeway that they give, i just wanna see the trains more than anything but i can't wait for a trip report with close-ups of the lift!

Jekyll

SFSC26 said:
yea....good point, forgot about leeway that they give, i just wanna see the trains more than anything but i can't wait for a trip report with close-ups of the lift!

Unfortunatly the only way we'll get to see that is if we have an insider on the construction crew. But, judging from some of those photos it would seem that we do. Now here is a new question... With the opening of this new ride will Animal Kingdom begin to stay open later?

Lee

Adventurer
SFSC26 said:
i just wanna see the trains more than anything

The trains are very cool...equal in themeing to RnRC's trains.

Actually...they look almost exactly like in the concept art.

ogryn

Will there be seats in the "engine" car, or is that one purely theming?

Did you notice any speakers in them?

Jekyll

Lee said:
The trains are very cool...equal in themeing to RnRC's trains.

Actually...they look almost exactly like in the concept art.

Is there any kind of pictures of the concept for these cars floating around out there?

ogryn

ExpeditionEverestSm.jpg

Look on the lift hill. :)

Lee

Adventurer
SFSC26 said:
has anybody actually seen the trains in person?
In person...no. What I have seen was a photo of the mock up at the Vekoma factory. I don't believe they are on site at AK yet, at least they weren't last I heard.

Will there be seats in the "engine" car, or is that one purely theming?
I believe so, yes. But, they don't look like typical engine cars...besides being in the back.

Did you notice any speakers in them?
Weren't visible to me...but I believe they will be there.

So, are we talking like a mine car? Like Big Thunder? Or something unique?
Much better than Big Thunder. More modern, different restraints, different themeing, etc.

Interesting. What is the main show concept?
A leisurely train tour through a tea plantation and into the mountains goes somewhat awry...... :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom