Expedition Everest is SCARY!

PrinceAndysMom

Original Poster
In case anyone is wondering, as I was beforehand, EE is VERY fast and VERY scary. If you don't like fast, rollercoaster type rides, avoid EE. I wish I had known, I would not have gone on it. Everyone was comparing it with Big Thunder RR in MK, but it is far from that. 10x faster, backwards, in the dark. Be very careful anyone with motion sickness or back problems. My husband's back hurt for the rest of the trip and I felt awful about it. I made us go on because I did not have all the facts, just the posts that said how fun it was and how it was not so scary. Queue was great, though, best ever. Next time I am at EE, I am going to wait in the line to see what I missed this time, then leave without going on the ride. How crazy is that? But the queue is that good and the ride, IMHO, is that scary.

justducky78

Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. That isn't a great way to spend the trip, in pain! The queue is neat, though, isn't it?!

I still didn't find it to be scary at all, though...I felt it was pretty comparable to Thunder Mountain. But, this proves that everyone's experience is always a little bit different.

jesserin

justducky78 said:
Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. That isn't a great way to spend the trip, in pain! The queue is neat, though, isn't it?!

I still didn't find it to be scary at all, though...I felt it was pretty comparable to Thunder Mountain. But, this proves that everyone's experience is always a little bit different.

I agree here... It was faster and a little more intense than Big Thunder Mountain... but I didn't find it scary in the least... no more scary than when the Queen jumps out in Snow White... suprising yes - scary? no way...

Just my opinion!

jesserin

justducky78 said:

I agree here... It was faster and a little more intense than Big Thunder Mountain... but I didn't find it scary in the least... no more scary than when the Queen jumps out in Snow White... suprising yes - scary? no way...

Just my opinion!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PrinceAndysMom said:
In case anyone is wondering, as I was beforehand, EE is VERY fast and VERY scary. If you don't like fast, rollercoaster type rides, avoid EE. I wish I had known, I would not have gone on it. Everyone was comparing it with Big Thunder RR in MK, but it is far from that. 10x faster, backwards, in the dark. Be very careful anyone with motion sickness or back problems. My husband's back hurt for the rest of the trip and I felt awful about it. I made us go on because I did not have all the facts, just the posts that said how fun it was and how it was not so scary. Queue was great, though, best ever. Next time I am at EE, I am going to wait in the line to see what I missed this time, then leave without going on the ride. How crazy is that? But the queue is that good and the ride, IMHO, is that scary.
Not too crazy. I have been wanting to do the same thing myself.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
PrinceAndysMom said:

Wow, you must have gone on a different ride than I did. I did not find EE to be scary, intense, or even all that exciting. In fact, I'd have to give it the award for most overhyped attraction ever.

Valawen9

I didn't think it was scary at all...maybe going up the lift...but even the drop wasn't bad and I HATE drops. I did get a little disoriented during the backwards part, but it wasn't intense or anything like that. Went on it twice and wish I would've gone on it more.

pescador1f

compare

is EE more or less intense than R&RC, SM, M:S, ToT, this is the first time i'm reading or hearing that EE is "scary", just curious.

disney_buc

I can wait to ride it when i come back with the family but im sorry you didnt like it mate.:rolleyes: but hey i hope you enjoyed the rest of paradise!

wild01ride

MooseImagineer said:
Pobably slightly more than ISAW...maybe...
No doubt! :dazzle:

But scary?? I don't know - I'd say "exhilarating" but not "scary."
The people behind us at the Passholder preview were in their late sixties/early seventies and they loved it!

I guess it depends on each person's own pace! :eek:

justducky78

Pescador1f -

EE is definitely WAY less intense that RnR. There is no comparison. On RnR you really feel the speed and then of course the corkscrews, etc give you a rush.

EE to me was wonderfully themed but I have to agree with CHAPPS - it was really overhyped and for me it was a bit of a let down. Especially after that first drop...I was expecting more. I didn't get off and go "whoa" like I do on RnR. I've talked to a lot of other people that have been there and they all said the same thing.

TOT to me, isn't intense or scary either. The queue is more scary than the actual ride! I just laugh the entire time I'm on TOT. I don't even compare TOT to any rollercoaster, because you can't. It's a whole different experience.

EDIT - ADD ON:

Space Mountain (to me) is more intense than everest simply because it's all in the dark. And it feels more twisty/turny and much faster. Again, that may be because of the dark.

Now, Mission Space - I won't even try. I've heard too many stories of people getting sick or just feeling generally unwell the rest of the day. I'm on a medication that makes me dizzy at times, so I avoid it. I can handle any other ride at Disney, but M:S is one I'll avoid.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience on E:E. It just goes to show that everyone has different ride preferences, experiences, and tastes. Personally, I loved it, especially the backwards part. I need to ride somewhere other than the back of the train next time, though, so I can find out if you indeed get a different experience depending on where you sit on the train. :)

PintoColvig

I was underwhelmed. With the exception of the backwards in the dark thing, EE was not as intense as RRC, SM, or BTMRR. It's a good ride and I'll hit it every time I visit but it left me wanting more. The Yeti was cool but I would have liked to have seen more of a swiping of his arm over the coaster as it passed under it. What this ride is really missing is more show scenes like Splash.

PrinceAndysMom

Original Poster
Pinto, I could not agree more!!!!!! The imagineering inside the ride itself was lacking terribly!!!! The queue was amazing, too bad they didnt extend it more to the inside. I LOVE Splash for that reason!!

magicfan

I, too, found Everest very disappointing. I had my hopes way up, being the type of person that loves big drops and high speeds. I got off wondering where the big thrills were. Sure, going backwards is good fun, but it's nothing great. But that's just me.

Then again, I probably would have found it more exciting the first time I rode it if I hadn't read about it so much on-line. I can see why it'd be a blast if you had no idea EE went backwards. I don't know. Maybe I set my expectations up too high.

PintoColvig

magicfan said:
Then again, I probably would have found it more exciting the first time I rode it if I hadn't read about it so much on-line. I can see why it'd be a blast if you had no idea EE went backwards. I don't know. Maybe I set my expectations up too high.
I think this may have had an affect on me as well. Even so, it didn't live up to what others were saying about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom