Expedition Everest effects status watch

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's just stupid. It shouldn't be that much to fix it.

They have to:

1. Build a new one that won't have the same internal problems the old one had.

2. Affix it in such a way that it meets the now more stringent guidelines for very heavy objects swinging over guests' heads.

3. Decide which other attractions get delayed while they put a team on this case.

Incomudro

So they can actually fix the yeti to make it move? Why haven't they?

It seems to be a combination of cost coupled with there needing to be a redesign or reconfiguration of the Yeti for safety reasons concerning it's movement above people's heads and what might happen if it suffered a catastrophic structural failure - like if its arm were to break off and come crashing down on riders.
Which is well... A matter of cost.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That the case?
Kind of. WDI discovered the problem early on and prescribed an increased maintenance schedule as a fix. Supposedly, the maintenance was quite difficult to do and was not done at the new increased schedule and the yeti eventually broke.

What we are left with is WDI blaming operations and operations blaming WDI and neither want to pick up the 7-8 figure repair bill.

SuperStretccch

Rode it on Thursday and there was no yeti silhouette at all in the cave before the first big drop. Audio was just the ambient background noise, from what I remember. Never seen this happen before in the probably 100+ times I've been on this thing, and oh yeah, Disco Yeti was still in full swing.

Dragonman

Rode it on Thursday and there was no yeti silhouette at all in the cave before the first big drop. Audio was just the ambient background noise, from what I remember. Never seen this happen before in the probably 100+ times I've been on this thing, and oh yeah, Disco Yeti was still in full swing.
What about good ol’ bird on a stick

Musicman20

I was really shocked that the video came up on my YouTube feed. No doubt Disney will act on it.

I can't believe how he got to the Yeti! But considering he did it in the dark, whilst trespassing, you gotta wonder why Disney doesn't just fix it.

Tom Morrow

I was really shocked that the video came up on my YouTube feed. No doubt Disney will act on it.

I can't believe how he got to the Yeti! But considering he did it in the dark, whilst trespassing, you gotta wonder why Disney doesn't just fix it.
The rumors that the yeti is hard to access are 100% false and if anything, at least this video demonstrated that to everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom