Expedition Everest effects status watch

hopemax

I saw "bird on stick" today! I was so shocked I forgot to pay attention if it was doing anything (guess not, no reports).

But I didn't see him in December, but maybe I was looking too closely to hairbands. Or maybe that was when I was single ridering next to a very nervous first time rider, and I was giving her cues as when the ride would change motion and the drop.

No steam though.

Dragonman

No steam though.
0CAA1A40-8646-4FA2-B088-071F2874D776.gif

Movielover

The Yeti is still quite prominent during it's scene.

In my opinion the scene was always a bit awkward, it should be placed near the climax of the ride (Near the showcase drop after going backwards?). Instead it's right near the resolution of the ride. Love Everest but it has its problems.

The drop is not the climax of the ride as it is way to early. The climax IS the Yeti. Our only face to face confrontation with him is after fleeing from the height of the mountain thinking we had escape his grasp, only for him to appear in front of us. Now I will agree that the resolution AFTER the climax encounter is lacking, feels there should be a little bit more run off before the brakes.

Tom Morrow

The drop is not the climax of the ride as it is way to early. The climax IS the Yeti. Our only face to face confrontation with him is after fleeing from the height of the mountain thinking we had escape his grasp, only for him to appear in front of us. Now I will agree that the resolution AFTER the climax encounter is lacking, feels there should be a little bit more run off before the brakes.
Yeah, it's a little weird how you hit the brakes seconds after seeing the yeti. He could easily run a few feet and catch us!

JustAFan

We had no bird today, steam at load platform from under the train and the smokestack. Yeti was in disco mode and everyone on my train agreed we heard the Bee Gees as we passed through the mountain.

Prog

If the park’s gonna close for even a few days, seems like a good opportunity to fix the Yeti.
Yeah, I know, makes too much sense. (That and austerity to appease shareholders with the significant revenue hits DIS can expect, as well as the impending recession).

TrainsOfDisney

If the park’s gonna close for even a few days, seems like a good opportunity to fix the Yeti.
Yeah, I know, makes too much sense. (That and austerity to appease shareholders with the significant revenue hits DIS can expect, as well as the impending recession).

The yeti can be removed and fixed anytime the money allows. “Fixed” May be a brand new yeti and a new scene because of fall protection, but the option is there. The money is not.

DVCakaCarlF

The problem is not so much the yeti, as it is the concrete holding it in place. The concrete structure needs to be removed and replaced at the correct cure time to avoid any fractures.

The movement of the yeti caused too much stress on the concrete; thus, cracking it.

DVCakaCarlF

Okay...I’m not trying to be dense, but everything I’ve read says the issue relates to the lack of cure time on the concrete. I’ve scrolled back a few pages and still can’t find the reason. Can someone explain?

Minthorne

Okay...I’m not trying to be dense, but everything I’ve read says the issue relates to the lack of cure time on the concrete. I’ve scrolled back a few pages and still can’t find the reason. Can someone explain?

the Yeti is a real Diva and refuses to sign the contract. At least that’s what mybus driver told me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The problem with the Yeti is internal. The rods and pistons can't withstand the amount of torque caused by the swinging arm/body.

So, it needs a new skeleton. Which is basically a whole new Yeti. Additionally, a new Yeti has a higher replacement cost since it has to be built in such a way as to adhere to more stringent rules for several hundred pounds to be swinging over guests' heads.

Two groups within Disney (I think WDI and Ops) are refusing to pay for it, saying the other should. And so, WDW has settled for the way things are.

And that's it.

The metal scaffolding the Yeti is on is separate from the coaster. The scaffolding is fine. The scaffolding is in a cement base. The cement base is fine.

When looking into problems with the Yeti, it has been removed and put back overnight. It's almost plug 'n play. There's a big service door in the back of the ride.

Replacing the Yeti is easy. Getting a new one built seems to be hard.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The problem with the Yeti is internal. The rods and pistons can't withstand the amount of torque caused by the swinging arm/body.

So, it needs a new skeleton. Which is basically a whole new Yeti. Additionally, a new Yeti has a higher replacement cost since it has to be built in such a way as to adhere to more stringent rules for several hundred pounds to be swinging over guests' heads.

Two groups within Disney (I think WDI and Ops) are refusing to pay for it, saying the other should. And so, WDW has settled for the way things are.

And that's it.

The metal scaffolding the Yeti is on is separate from the coaster. The scaffolding is fine. The scaffolding is in a cement base. The cement base is fine.

When looking into problems with the Yeti, it has been removed and put back overnight. It's almost plug 'n play. There's a big service door in the back of the ride.

Replacing the Yeti is easy. Getting a new one built seems to be hard.
@realBobChapek Well? Any plans for the big guy?;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom