Expedition Everest effects status watch

NormC

The original movement will most likely not be restored. The claim (rumor) is that insurance, legal and safety do not want it swiping over the guests. A new motion profile can be programmed into the existing animatronic once the broken bits are repaired. A new animatronic is also an option. These are two of the several options on the table.

Last edited:

WDWMPrincess

The original movement will most likely not be restored. The claim (rumor) is that insurance, legal and safety do not want it swiping over the guests. A new motion profile can be programmed into the existing animatronic once the broken bits are repaired. A new animatronic is also an option. These are two of the several options on the table.

Or they can just make some popcorn, settle back, and see if this thread can last another 11 years. :)

The Empress Lilly

The original movement will most likely not be restored. The claim (rumor) is that insurance, legal and safety do not want it swiping over the guests.
I have heard the same claim regarding any overhead moving parts. From the removed rocks at the earthquake tunnel in Thunder to removed overhead swinging DLP Pirate to the static Yeti.

That is, the Yeti doesn't swipe because there are no falling boulders and no swinging Pirates. Legal and insurance won't have it.
I can't get it corroborated.

geekza

I have heard the same claim regarding any overhead moving parts. From the removed rocks at the earthquake tunnel in Thunder to removed overhead swinging DLP Pirate to the static Yeti.

That is, the Yeti doesn't swipe because there are no falling boulders and no swinging Pirates. Legal and insurance won't have it.
I'm sure that this accident in Paris was the reason the boulders stopped moving.

wdrive

The overhead swinging Pirate at DLP is back I believe.

pbrsaau

Rode EE last week - queue looked great! Ride was nice and smooth. Waterfall was running and looked great. Hair bands at top is awful, messy, sloppy and unnecessary. Why is this allowed to continue and not be cleaned up? I think I'll start throwing dirty socks and underwear at the goat on Big Thunder.

geekza

Rode EE last week - queue looked great! Ride was nice and smooth. Waterfall was running and looked great. Hair bands at top is awful, messy, sloppy and unnecessary. Why is this allowed to continue and not be cleaned up? I think I'll start throwing dirty socks and underwear at the goat on Big Thunder.
Nah, they'll just leave the underwear and socks and make up a story about "The Great Miner Underwear Revolt of the 1850's" and call it immersion.

KBLovedDisney

It does get cleaned up but not as often as needed. I hear it is a two person job with OSHA required safety equipment that turns a simple job into a tedious chore. Parents need to stop their unruly spawn from littering in the first place.
After hair tie cleanup, TDC needs to install a couple of visible cameras (or faux cameras) and pre-warn guest that they are being recorded and will be heavily fined or suffer worse consequences if they litter Everest.

Heck, give the bird on a stick a camera!

Eh, maybe..

macefamily

My daughter's boyfriend is in the Disney College program for his second semester. He said he spoke to some maintenance personnel and they said the platform that the Yeti is on is not safe. The robotics work fine, but the platform is failing. They'd have to remove Yeti to work on the platform. Sounds like long downtime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom