Expedition Everest effects status watch

Ralphlaw

All of the above are simply not true, at least for me. I rode it several times in A mode - loved it. I have forgotten nothing - A mode is far superior. I do not have a tolerance for mediocrity, at least as far as Disney rides go. I think theming is very important. And I love the idea of story-telling as part of the theme park experience.

Look, I've said it before. Is the ride better with a working yeti? Of course. Do I still enjoy it without the working yeti? Of course. I wish Disney would get off of their bottoms and fix this. But I still ride EE at least 3 times every visit, and totally enjoy myself. I'm not going to let a high standard for perfection ruin what is a very fun roller coaster.

I understand that you still "enjoy it", but do you think it is "Great"? My term for the current version is "jolly good". The crime is that it was and again could be "Great". For nearly a decade it has been far less than great. A sincere band-aid could have brought it far closer to great over the past many years, but Disney hasn't done it. Fine, the Yeti is broken. And the mediocre minds at Disney allowed disco yeti to exist in its place for how long? Shameful. An organization that professes to achieve greatness has utterly failed to do so in a headline attraction for nearly a decade. A better Band-Aid had to be available. No excuse.

Damon7777

Different animals indeed but they are easily in the same order and perhaps even family......I would not go as far to say genus though.

Different animal. One's a slow moving water flume ride, while the other is a pretty fun roller coaster

Just as EE is not about a rollercoaster so too Pirates of Caribbean is not about a boat ride. Rollercoasters and boats are mere vehicles to help tell their respective stories.

danyoung56

Just as EE is not about a rollercoaster so too Pirates of Caribbean is not about a boat ride. Rollercoasters and boats are mere vehicles to help tell their respective stories.

Once again, I completely disagree. Where would the fun be in riding a flume ride with no AA figures to look at? However, EE is loads of fun without the yeti.

Tom Morrow

If you think that Expedition Everest has absolutely nothing to offer besides the Yeti then you've let years of negativity on this forum warp your mind. Everest would still be fun even with NO mountain structure because it's a roller coaster.

Damon7777

If you think that Expedition Everest has absolutely nothing to offer besides the Yeti then you've let years of negativity on this forum warp your mind. Everest would still be fun even with NO mountain structure because it's a roller coaster.

I see I'm dealing with another one of those.

I don't think that EE has nothing to offer outside of the Yeti figure .
Where did you get that? Oh I know. You manufactured it. I was saying that the snow beast is the point of the attraction--- the sole point of the attraction -- or single star of the show; the entire attraction is built upon meeting it. It's more than obvious EE has some very top notch supporting aspects: elaborate queue, excellent ride vehicle, thrills, iconic mountain with water falls....but those are storytelling features(again, damn good ones!) leading up to an encounter with the star of the show who doesn't perform.

Years of negativity on this board? Are you for real? I joined here recently. Furthermore, even if I had been exposed to negativity year after year I don't need a message board to corrupt me since I have seen EE first hand from the early days to as recent this summer. When the sole intended AA is no longer a real AA due to its stagnation then I will have something to say. Currently Yeti is an AF----Audio Figure

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I see I'm dealing with another one of those.

I don't think that EE has nothing to offer outside of the Yeti figure .
Where did you get that? Oh I know. You manufactured it. I was saying that the snow beast is the point of the attraction--- the sole point of the attraction -- or single star of the show; the entire attraction is built upon meeting it. It's more than obvious EE has some very top notch supporting aspects: elaborate queue, excellent ride vehicle, thrills, iconic mountain with water falls....but those are storytelling features(again, damn good ones!) leading up to an encounter with the star of the show who doesn't perform.

Years of negativity on this board? Are you for real? I joined here recently. Furthermore, even if I had been exposed to negativity year after year I don't need a message board to corrupt me since I have seen EE first hand from the early days to as recent this summer. When the sole intended AA is no longer a real AA due to its stagnation then I will have something to say. Currently Yeti is an AF----Audio Figure
You said that the "sole purpose" of Everest is the yeti and the yeti alone. You are wrong. The main purpose of Everest is that it's a roller coaster. Everything beyond that is enhancement to the roller coaster.

EricsBiscuit

I always thought that the hairbraids actually contribute to the immersion. Instead of getting to the top of Mount Everest and finding metal oxygen cans, there's hairbraids!

danyoung56

It's more than obvious EE has some very top notch supporting aspects: elaborate queue, excellent ride vehicle, thrills, iconic mountain with water falls....but those are storytelling features(again, damn good ones!) leading up to an encounter with the star of the show who doesn't perform.

That is indeed one way to look at it. But for me, the yeti, while cool, isn't the point of the attraction. The point is a very fun roller coaster with some terrific theming - theming that would be made better with a working yeti, I'll admit.

EricsBiscuit

Taken 15 seconds ago. Steam is working

Edit: bird on a stick MIA. Fountain at the end working. However the Yeti didn't move at all!

Attachments

• IMG_4785.JPG
    IMG_4785.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So, what exactly were the results of those light tests they did this summer? Did they change anything, or were they futile?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom