Expedition Everest effects status watch

GCTales

1E656E05-A22B-494D-B804-4D353D85CDE1_zpspoaumobo.jpg

Had to share
Epic!!! Passport control ftw!!!!

danyoung56

In Disneyland there's a tradition that's much worse. During graduation times, seniors ride Pirates and stick their gum under the low hanging bridge. If you're unlucky enough to ride during that time, you look up and see HUNDREDS of wads of gum - totally gross!

Damon7777

The main purpose of Everest is that it's a roller coaster.

Nope! That is not the purpose. The purpose is an encounter with Yeti. The rollercoaster is the "vehicle" of the story. Honestly, you really are missing something so fundamental, so super basic that it's hard to have a meaningful discussion here.

Do you really believe if you sat face to face and asked Rhodie(sp??) and his co creators what the purpose of Expedition Everest is they would say,
"It's about a roller coaster.. ......oh excuse me I mean a FUN rollercoaster"

danyoung56

Do you really believe if you sat face to face and asked Rhodie(sp??) and his co creators what the purpose of Expedition Everest is they would say,

It's Rohde (pronounced roadie). And yes, I truly believe the Joe would acknowledge the yeti as an important part of the ride, but ultimately it's a roller coaster, albeit one with some terrific theming. If it was all about the yeti, why didn't they just plop it into a big building and let people stroll in to watch it?

It's a different kind of situation from Pirates, where a simple water flume ride is only the ride delivery system, and the main feature is the animatronics. Picture Pirates with all of the show scenes turned off - absolutely no one would be riding. But Everest works without the yeti. Sure, it'd be better with him. But either with him or without, it's still a pretty cool roller coaster.

Tom Morrow

Nope! That is not the purpose. The purpose is an encounter with Yeti. The rollercoaster is the "vehicle" of the story. Honestly, you really are missing something so fundamental, so super basic that it's hard to have a meaningful discussion here.

The reason people ride it is because it's a roller coaster. The story is an enhancement to the roller coaster. YOU are missing the point - a physical thrill ride with story and theming enhancements is not the same as a slow moving dark ride where you obviously don't ride it to experience the slow movement but rather to see the sets and the story.

Same thing applies to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

My thought on this: Just remove the Yeti and put an AA Tiger in it's place, just one that isn't so big where it can cause major damage to the structural integrity to the "mountain". You get that surprise factor and a Tiger would still follow in the same realm of the location in AK (maybe?...)

Follow that with putting the Yeti in a cage in the queue, turn him back on, and revamp the ride to be based on a Tiger.

There I said it. Expedition Everest: Escape the Tiger

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My thought on this: Just remove the Yeti and put an AA Tiger in it's place, just one that isn't so big where it can cause major damage to the structural integrity to the "mountain". You get that surprise factor and a Tiger would still follow in the same realm of the location in AK (maybe?...)

Follow that with putting the Yeti in a cage in the queue, turn him back on, and revamp the ride to be based on a Tiger.

There I said it. Expedition Everest: Escape the Tiger
There is nothing wrong with the mountain, the foundation, etc. It is the AA itself.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...cts-status-watch.171808/page-141#post-7514980

No Name

Joe Rohde is not responsible for the yeti breaking or for it not being fixed. Don't know why some people can't understand that. The company isn't headed by the imagineers.

and a Tiger would still follow in the same realm of the location in AK (maybe?...)

Of course there are tigers in Asia. But the legend of the yeti lurking in the Himalayas has been passed down over thousands of years. Nobody ever believed or cared about a tiger up there. Replacing the yeti with one would turn a very accurate ride into cultural blasphemy.

It wouldn't biologically make sense either, considering that a tiger could never rip apart a railroad track like that, if it even had the brainpower to react in such a way.

All in all, a terrible idea for which you should be ashamed of posting. :cool: I too would like a ride that revolves around tiger(s), but that ride is not Expedition Everest.

KBLovedDisney

Joe Rohde is not responsible for the yeti breaking or for it not being fixed. Don't know why some people can't understand that. The company isn't headed by the imagineers.

Of course there are tigers in Asia. But the legend of the yeti lurking in the Himalayas has been passed down over thousands of years. Nobody ever believed or cared about a tiger up there. Replacing the yeti with one would turn a very accurate ride into cultural blasphemy.

It wouldn't biologically make sense either, considering that a tiger could never rip apart a railroad track like that, if it even had the brainpower to react in such a way.

All in all, a terrible idea for which you should be ashamed of posting. :cool: I too would like a ride that revolves around tiger(s), but that ride is not Expedition Everest.
(Geezus, aren't we the opinionated one today. :cautious:) I won't be ashamed of my post thank you very much. Besides, like Disney ever listened to my ideas in the first place. So chill dude:rolleyes:, I highly doubt a Disney Imagineer will look at my post and say "Hey! That kid is on to something!"...

However, if this does happen...Yep, still not ashamed.:p

Damon7777

[QUOTE="Tom Morrow, post: 7942003, member: 94 The story is an enhancement to the roller coaster. YOU are missing the point.[/QUOTE]

You are mistaken once again----you have it backwards:
The roller coaster aspect(vehicle), in this case, enhances the story.

As for the attraction's purpose do you think the creators would say "it's a rollercoaster" or would they say something closer to "it's a chance for the guest to explore the legend of the Yeti".

bclane

Let's just hope they don't turn it into Kamar-Taj. I know someone must have suggested it in a meeting or on the golf course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom