Expedition Everest effects status watch

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As of Monday October 1, both water falls working, no steam, no bird and the room with the yeti was as bright as I have seen it with no strobe light. Just very bright. I was pleased with this compared to the disco strobe light.

Bamboo was covering 80-90% of the maintenance building visually. Almost there.

Ralphlaw

It still amazes me that Disney remains mum on the subject. I rode EE several times before it broke down, and it was an amazingly better overall experience than it is with disco yeti. Assuming they can't actually fix it anytime soon, why can't they put some true graphics up there, like in the "Magic,Memories and You" show on the castle? Would it be so hard to project a moving yeti on a scrim, with certain real yeti features in the background? Disco lights, like I've said before, can be installed with a few hours on a step ladder and a trip to the hardware store. For years, that's the best we've gotten. In that time, you'd think a multi-billion dollar corporation could have have spent some true time and money to put something more than a strobelight band-aid on their multi-million dollar embarassment. Until it's fixed for good, at least they could put some real graphics on it to make it a true experience. Some smart person in power should be saying, "Fine, we can't fix it right now, let's at least budget $100,000 to put in something that's not pathetic."

RoraBorieAlice

From what I understand from a former imagineer that used to shop with me at the Tea Shop here in orlando that I worked at, in order to fix the Yeti, they have to take the whole mountain apart. It is in three Parts, Left, Right and Yeti. I am of the opinion that this wont happen and thats what the former imagineer felt as well. Its too risky and it will take a very long time is my guess..... But again, who knows! I just know that LAST tuesday when I was there, it was very dark in the yeti room and you could barely make him out!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I understand from a former imagineer that used to shop with me at the Tea Shop here in orlando that I worked at, in order to fix the Yeti, they have to take the whole mountain apart. It is in three Parts, Left, Right and Yeti. I am of the opinion that this wont happen and thats what the former imagineer felt as well. Its too risky and it will take a very long time is my guess..... But again, who knows! I just know that LAST tuesday when I was there, it was very dark in the yeti room and you could barely make him out!
You were unfortunately fed a line. The Yeti was installed after the mountain was built and can be removed without taking the entire mountain apart.

Clever Name

The problem with the yeti is that she has a broken foundation. In central Florida, the karst geologic terrain is highly variable and requires very deep foundations. Even with deep foundations, sink holes can swallow a structure in a short time. The yeti is about 20,000 lbs. and rides on beam that allows both vertical and horizontal movement. The foundation of the yeti is compromised. To fix her will require removal of the yeti and drilling into the foundation to explore the exact nature of the problem. It could very well be beyond repair. It's really not worth the money to explore at this stage.

Tom

Beta Return
The problem with the yeti is that she has a broken foundation. In central Florida, the karst geologic terrain is highly variable and requires very deep foundations. Even with deep foundations, sink holes can swallow a structure in a short time. The yeti is about 20,000 lbs. and rides on beam that allows both vertical and horizontal movement. The foundation of the yeti is compromised. To fix her will require removal of the yeti and drilling into the foundation to explore the exact nature of the problem. It could very well be beyond repair. It's really not worth the money to explore at this stage.

Source.

There have been numerous credible members on here who have debunked the "foundation" theory and have said it's more of an internal issue with the mechanics of the AA itself. Something about the torque or friction being greater than anticipated, thus destroying it from the inside out.

Until someone from Disney says it out loud (which will never happen), we have to assume that every single "reason" posted online is yet another guess, like yours.

The MaD Hatter

Yeti was still disco dancing when I was there yesterday. It's hard to imagine they've left Joe Rohde's baby in this state for so long. I feel very fortunate that I was able to see a fully working Yeti several times a few years ago, as we may very well never see it working it again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Two weeks ago - waterfalls, projection and nothing else. Disgusting.

Yeti was in A mode show lighting wise. Very strange.

And Dinosaur is fast catching up for bad show. Kali has no fire. If it weren't for TTBAB being almost full SQ DAK would have been very very sad.

The Empress Lilly

Two weeks ago - waterfalls, projection and nothing else. Disgusting.

Yeti was in A mode show lighting wise. Very strange.

And Dinosaur is fast catching up for bad show. Kali has no fire. If it weren't for TTBAB being almost full SQ DAK would have been very very sad.
DAK is in such a sorry state it needs an Avatar-like budget just to get it up and running again. Dinosaur is permanently in a worse state than even Splash. The ToL is falling apart, at least, the discovery Island trails are for the foreseeable future covered in netting, a permanently ruined atmosphere. At my local $15 zoo I can walk trails without nets ruining my view. The Discovery boats and Pocahontas are long gone, this in a park that was only ever half-finished to begin with.

It is no wonder that Joe Rohde tried to nibble away as much as he could from the Avatar expansion budget to park maintenance and plussing.

bigeternity

DAK is in such a sorry state it needs an Avatar-like budget just to get it up and running again. Dinosaur is permanently in a worse state than even Splash. The ToL is falling apart, at least, the discovery Island trails are for the foreseeable future covered in netting, a permanantly ruined atmosphere. At my local $15 zoo I can walk trails without nets ruining my view. The Discovery boats and Pocahontas are long gone, this in a park that was only ever half-finished to begin with.

It is no wonder that Joe Rohde tried to nibble away as much as he could from the Avatar expansion budget to park maintenance and plussing.

The little park that could, but never was...(at it stands today).

Spike-in-Berlin

Ahem...the Yeti is male.

Spike-in-Berlin

DAK is in such a sorry state it needs an Avatar-like budget just to get it up and running again. Dinosaur is permanently in a worse state than even Splash. The ToL is falling apart, at least, the discovery Island trails are for the foreseeable future covered in netting, a permanently ruined atmosphere. At my local $15 zoo I can walk trails without nets ruining my view. The Discovery boats and Pocahontas are long gone, this in a park that was only ever half-finished to begin with.

They have an even worser problem at the moment or at least they had 2 weeks ago. The entire DIscovery River and lagoon are experiencing are turnover of the water quality, it is smelling after foul water and dead fish all along the lagoon and river, absolutely disgusting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom