Expedition Everest construction update

Shaman

Sillyspook13 nice pics...thanks for the update. I wonder what the structure that they are building is.....perhaps queue/ride load-unload building?

Great to see things moving along...is it me or are they moving fairly rapid with construction of E:E?

:sohappy: :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by objr
Sillyspook13 nice pics...thanks for the update. I wonder what the structure that they are building is.....perhaps queue/ride load-unload building?

Great to see things moving along...is it me or are they moving fairly rapid with construction of E:E?

:sohappy: :sohappy:

If they want this to open around the optimistic Fall 2005 timeframe, this is exactly how fast they need to go...the mountain certainly needs to be up completely a year from now (2nd year for theming, dealing w/ ride system, theming, building the new village holding the ride). I'm glad they are doing this all as expeditiously as possible...hopefully it won't end up taking the safe estimate of three years to complete this...

For some reason, I can't view these pictures but this may actually be the bridge from Asia into Dinoland. They are building that before they begin the actual attraction. If you look at it from the brigde in Asia, you can see where the waterway is dammed up and the two "walls" look like the support for a bridge.

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mary Poppins
For some reason, I can't view these pictures but this may actually be the bridge from Asia into Dinoland. They are building that before they begin the actual attraction. If you look at it from the brigde in Asia, you can see where the waterway is dammed up and the two "walls" look like the support for a bridge.
The second picture I posted is of the supports for the bridge. The first is of the walls that are now up. There are two large walls, one slightly larger than the other, surrounded by framework. The third wall is along the back. It's cement and varies in height, probably because of the EE terrain. I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow.:)

PhotoDave219

Here's a slightly diff angle taken from One of the bridges. Not quite as good but you get the idea of whats up....

Attachments

• everestconst.jpg
    everestconst.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 172

ChrisTUK

Originally posted by MonorailBlack
Are these pre-cast concrete walls? And if so, where do they come from?

I don't think they are precast concrete. They look alot more light weight than that, more of a primary frame work than anything else. Its hard to tell what this part is going to be :veryconfu

AdLibSean

Anyone who is on the inside or have source know if there's a groundplan floating around online anywhere or any sort of layout to the attraction?! :D Probably not just yet but I was just curious...

Lee

Adventurer
Nah, no layouts yet.
You can tell a little from the photos of the model, but nothing about the interior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom