Expedition Everest broken track effect removed?

MonorailMan

The probable reasoning for Everest not having a long closing is because it is one of the only major attractions (rides) in the park. The only other major rides are Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Everything else major is a show. AK is already only a half day (at most) park and if they closed a major attraction like Everest, people would just skip AK all together.

Mike S

The probable reasoning for Everest not having a long closing is because it is one of the only major attractions (rides) in the park. The only other major rides are Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Everything else major is a show. AK is already only a half day (at most) park and if they closed a major attraction like Everest, people would just skip AK all together.
You're forgetting Dinosaur.

Cesar R M

and hilariously.. they still removed the parade and are adding another show (fantasmic like)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You seem to forget that E:E wasn't there on opening day and the park still survived.

RSoxNo1

But to say that the park would fold if E:E closed for renovation is pretty short sighted.
Correct, the park wouldn't fold, but a decline in attendance should be expected. Factor that in with whatever the cost of the refurbishment will be.

unkadug

Correct, the park wouldn't fold, but a decline in attendance should be expected. Factor that in with whatever the cost of the refurbishment will be.
I would think that with the captive audience that Disney tries to maintain, that people would spend whatever time they didn't spend at AK and one of the other parks.

People who are going to venture off property are going to do so whether E:E is open or closed for refurbishment.

Last edited:

MonorailMan

But to say that the park would fold if E:E closed for renovation is pretty short sighted.
The park wouldn't fold just because a major attraction at the park is closed, but it would see a decrease in attendance due to the fact that AK has only a few rides to start with and, I feel it is safe to assume, people come to AK to ride EE because there is no other ride like it in all of Disney. Aside from EE, the rest of AK to me is just a glorified zoo.

unkadug

The park wouldn't fold just because a major attraction at the park is closed, but it would see a decrease in attendance due to the fact that AK has only a few rides to start with and, I feel it is safe to assume, people come to AK to ride EE because there is no other ride like it in all of Disney. Aside from EE, the rest of AK to me is just a glorified zoo.
It's Nahtazu

Cesar R M

the rest of AK to me is just a glorified zoo.

Isnt that the main point?
Why people always think that thrill rides are obligatory to make a theme park?
I keep reading many threads and its always "oh noes.. EE is down.. Animal kingdom sucks now" or similar things (good example is thrill seekers blasting the SDMT for being "too slow and not thrilling")

wild01ride

...the missing track is more terrifying than a broken track prop... At least from the 1st row anyway.

I completely agree!
From a nerdy technical perspective, I'm thinking to myself "if I approach a mangled track on a coaster-system, the ride will simply become lodged on the bent track...however, if the track simply ends... it's off into the wild blue yonder for everyone!"

:arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom