News Expect closure of Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland to impact Walt Disney World

TrainsOfDisney

I think they do but don't know for sure. My wife and I always wipe them down with an antibacterial hand wipe just to be safe. We don't want to take a chance with something that touches so close to our eyes.

They do but of course there is no guarantee that someone didn’t take too many and put one back... I always try to grab one randomly from the middle of the stack for that very reason.

TrainsOfDisney

If you think about the parks, the only times you're up close and personal with other people is during a busy parade, or a 3d/4d show.

And in the lines for every single attraction and transportation.

“Fill in all available space! If you can see the floor in front of you there is unused space... please fill in all available space!”

Gringrinngghost

Do they clean things like 3D glasses (Star Tours, TSM, etc...)? Will they start doing so now?
I always thought they cleaned them? Isn't it UV light or some other method?
I think they do but don't know for sure. My wife and I always wipe them down with an antibacterial hand wipe just to be safe. We don't want to take a chance with something that touches so close to our eyes.

They are cleaned and sanitized. There are numerous 3D glasses washing machines for sale, and they are just industrial dishwashers really.

I remember hearing that the ones at Despicable me uses very hot water, and since it’s glass, the Dolby 3D can be cleaned at a higher temperature than the Polarizing film glasses.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
“If I don’t like thing, it’s not popular”

Never said anything about whether I like it or not, it's common sense, Arnold fest still doesn't have the clout Disney Parks has. That's all I was pointing out. The economics of shutting down Disney/Universal versus 1 festival are quite different.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Never said anything about whether I like it or not, it's common sense, Arnold fest still doesn't have the clout Disney Parks has. That's all I was pointing out. The economics of shouting down Disney/Universal versus 1 festival are quite different.

Whole lot of shouting about disney goes on around here but it is not expensive....

Amused to Death

If you think about the parks, the only times you're up close and personal with other people is during a busy parade, or a 3d/4d show.

I wasn't up close and personal with other people when I waited in line to get into the park?

4B2BD54C-F954-4ACF-A528-1DD7F6ED33DA.jpeg

Or when I spent ten minutes in the FastPass line at Toy Story Midway Mania with a daddy holding his constantly coughing toddler right behind my head the entire time?

Or when I was in one of several crammed together lines at Casey's Corner waiting to buy a hot dog?

Have you ever been to the parks? It sure doesn't sound like it. 🤣

Last edited:

esskay

I wasn't up close and personal with other people when I waited in line to get into the park?

View attachment 453994

Or when I spent ten minutes in the FastPass line at Toy Story Midway Mania with a daddy holding his constantly coughing toddler right behind my head the entire time?

Or when I was in one of several crammed together lines at Casey's Corner waiting to buy a hot dog?

Have you ever been to the parks? It sure doesn't sound like it. 🤣
Congratulations on totally missing the point. Not at all saying you’re not going to get it whilst in a queue.

Confrences are FAR easier to just cancel out of an abundance of caution than closing down 6 theme parks, probably all of your restaurants and shops, and most of the resorts.

The point about crowds in a large room was that if you queued up for splash for ~20 minutes and rode it, you're out in the open for most of that, so common sense would dictate that you're far less likely to catch something there (where particals get blown away or fall to the ground) than in an enclosed (often hot) room. I'm not saying Disney doesn't have enclosed spaces. I'm not saying standing in line ELIMINATES your risk. I'm just pointing out that the 'early days' closures and cancellations is quite blatently obviously going to start with conventions, and a convention being cancelled is not a clear sign of a theme park being closed.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Conversations are ongoing today about the Paris resort. Likely to close on Wednesday, but could be pushed to Friday. Little point in having it open regardless if attendance drops more than 70%.

To those of you who have sent me private messages, it may be a day or so before I get the chance to respond.

I'll take fake news for $1000 Alex
giphy.gif

John park hopper

If I remember aren't the glasses in a large bin you reach in and grab a pair --they may be clean when they are put in but after god knows how many people are grabbing a pair with their dirty hands they ain't clean any more

techgeek

What an interesting fact. Unrelated question: Does anybody know how to register as an Amazon seller?

It depends on what you'd like to sell. They support business and personal accounts. If you're looking to sell small volume 'used' household / electronics items, books and such, you're looking for "Register as an individual seller", and that process sort of works like a very clunky eBay. There are some pretty twisty rules on what you can and can't sell - some categories (and selling most things as 'new') are limited to business selling accounts, and some are even 'gated' beyond that to businesses that can provide wholesale invoices and history in the category. For instance, if you came across a pallet of Purell, you couldn't easily list it on the Amazon platform unless you were a business seller and 'ungated' in health & beauty.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It depends on what you'd like to sell. They support business and personal accounts. If you're looking to sell small volume 'used' household / electronics items, books and such, you're looking for "Register as an individual seller", and that process sort of works like a very clunky eBay. There are some pretty twisty rules on what you can and can't sell - some categories (and selling most things as 'new') are limited to business selling accounts, and some are even 'gated' beyond that to businesses that can provide wholesale invoices and history in the category. For instance, if you came across a pallet of Purell, you couldn't easily list it on the Amazon platform unless you were a business seller and 'ungated' in health & beauty.

What if one to come upon a pallet of phlegm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom