Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
These "things" you speak of...is there an end game?? (WDW 50th, Epcot 40th...etc) or has the company realized they need to perpetually add ,replace (my least favorite option) and update so as not to repeat the last decade or so?? Just curious...and again thank you for being so gracious with your information...your appreciation of the parks histories is evident in all of your responses...
Thank you.

The southern project could be a WDW50 project. The northern proposal would be more mid next decade.

hpyhnt 1000

Kilimanjaro isn't a dark ride.

Which is what the park needs more of.

AK just needs rides period, and specifically indoor rides. Prior to Pandora, 3 of the park's 4 indoor attractions were shows (and even with it, it's still only 3 of 6).

A 10+ minute dark ride would be smashing, but whatever is planned - spinner, coaster, omni-mover, trackless, something else - it'd be great if priority was given to make sure it takes place in A/C.

RSoxNo1

The insider information on this is all over the place! It's like Mary Poppins all over again!!

Oy, I'm getting close to summarizing all this for an update to the rumor tracker...
I've basically got my Rumor Tracker as "Something coming to Dinoland or Dinorama" and listed two possibilities being Excavator or Indy re-theme. I'm also calling it Blue Sky because nobody is in agreement.

NeXuS1000

Sounds like the default creative strategy for the whole resort these days.

Ehrm, there's nothing wrong or unusual with that. In every creative corporation, you always want a myriad of pitches - maybe all with a foundation in a shared vision or strategic goal - so you can get a lot of input early on and see what excites the most and sounds the most promising.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've basically got my Rumor Tracker as "Something coming to Dinoland or Dinorama" and listed two possibilities being Excavator or Indy re-theme. I'm also calling it Blue Sky because nobody is in agreement.
I'd rename "excavator" to "substantial project."

Too many people would link it to the early art coaster that was never built. And we know how heresay can turn into fact on the web.

And reiterate it's not green lit.

MaximumEd

I don't see any of the unannounced stuff being green lit until SW: GE is done and they have time to see the effect, or lack thereof, of projects like it, TSL, and Pandora. They won't do anything if they don't have to. I reserve the right to be wrong, however. Just guessing.

HMF

Ehrm, there's nothing wrong or unusual with that. In every creative corporation, you always want a myriad of pitches - maybe all with a foundation in a shared vision or strategic goal - so you can get a lot of input early on and see what excites the most and sounds the most promising.
You need to have some sort of long-term vision or strategy. Otherwise there is nothing to tie everything together and you end up with a mishmash of ideas.

HMF

Did you just describe what they are doing to DHS/DHA/MGM Whatever? :hilarious:o_O
I don't see any real strategy in what they are doing. There is no internal logic connecting TSL to SW:GE to Hollywood Boulevard etc. It's just a random collection of stuff. If they had gone the route of themeing the areas to the different studios of the Company as I have proposed here countless times I would agree with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom