Ex-Disney accountant alleges major accounting fraud in parks and resorts division

Magenta Panther

Oh for He on High, where do I begin? For leaving an AA broken in a ride for over a decade (the yeti in Expedition Everest). For cutting corners on new rides like The Little Mermaid. For damaging rides like the Haunted Mansion with that horrible claustrophobic queue and the lame CGI ghosts that replaced the original amazing effect. For not keeping great rides like the Tower of Terror up to snuff and even replacing it in Disneyland for second/third-tier Marvel characters. For relegating successful IPs like Frozen and Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh to dinky dark rides (at least in the States) while spending big bucks on off-studio acquisitions like Pandora and Star Wars. For trying to sell Disneyland to Saudi Arabia. For remaking classic 2D animated films into CGI for easy cash grabs. And in that vein, for acting like some of the content of those films (the crows, the Siamese cats) were RACIST and MUST BE CORRECTED. So many reasons. My glee at all these new revelations is because I'm a WALT Disney fan. While you, poor soul, are apparently an Iger fan. I weep for you.

UNCgolf

He is not the only chairman of the park this affects.

Chapek was not running the Disney Parks and Resorts division in 2008-2009. Jay Rasulo was the person running the division at the time.

Thomas Staggs was the run in charge of the Disney Parks and resorts between Rasulo and Chapek. It is possible that all 3 could be going to jail besides hire ups such as Iger if there is truth in this.

If this was actually true, not only would a lot of people go to jail, but Disney as a company could be sunk. Even if you absolutely despise Iger, I don't think you want this to be true. While Disney is larger than Enron and probably wouldn't end up completely bankrupt over this, it would likely have a long term effect on spending, including huge cuts in parks & resorts and the likely cancellation of planned projects for the foreseeable future.

andysol

Oh for He on High, where do I begin? For leaving an AA broken in a ride for over a decade (the yeti in Expedition Everest). For cutting corners on new rides like The Little Mermaid. For damaging rides like the Haunted Mansion with that horrible claustrophobic queue and the lame CGI ghosts that replaced the original amazing effect. For not keeping great rides like the Tower of Terror up to snuff and even replacing it in Disneyland for second/third-tier Marvel characters. For relegating successful IPs like Frozen and Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh to dinky dark rides (at least in the States) while spending big bucks on off-studio acquisitions like Pandora and Star Wars. For trying to sell Disneyland to Saudi Arabia. For remaking classic 2D animated films into CGI for easy cash grabs. And in that vein, for acting like some of the content of those films (the crows, the Siamese cats) were RACIST and MUST BE CORRECTED. So many reasons. My glee at all these new revelations is because I'm a WALT Disney fan. While you, poor soul, are apparently an Iger fan. I weep for you.
It’s obvious you’re a shill for whoever is trying to replace Iger and you’re paid to criticize him.

I like this Post-August 18th wdwmagic better.
Very easy rebuttals now.

wdwfan4ver

If this was actually true, not only would a lot of people go to jail, but Disney as a company could be sunk. Even if you absolutely despise Iger, I don't think you want this to be true. While Disney is larger than Enron and probably wouldn't end up completely bankrupt over this, it would likely have a long term effect on spending, including huge cuts in parks & resorts and the likely cancellation of planned projects for the foreseeable future.
All I did was going into detail on who was running the Disney parks and Resorts since one post only acted like Chapek was going to the only one going bye bye.

UNCgolf

All I did was going into detail on who was running the Disney parks and Resorts since one post only acted like Chapek was going to the only one going bye bye.

When I said "you", I didn't mean specifically you! It was "you" in the general sense; i.e. anyone reading the comment. Sorry if it came across as though I was directing that at you.

HmmmmmMMMmm

This seems completely orchestrated. Too many things happening this week for it to be coincidence.
If this was orchestrated, Bob is getting played at the game he used to play others.
Doesn't some famous book say "you reap what you sow"? I can't remember what book that was... was that in Harry Potter?
Anyway... Bobby is about to reap what he sewed....
I'm pretty sure this is the Michael Eisner's theme song today:

lazyboy97o

IMHO this at a macro level appears as an orchestrated attempt at regime change.
This seems completely orchestrated. Too many things happening this week for it to be coincidence.
Orchestrated by whom for what benefit? How do the Murdochs benefit from ousting the guy who just paid their company tens of billions of dollars?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom