Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
This will never not be weird! I noticed this last Fall—- we were on several luxury motor coaches around property.
Just had a random thought about this. It's fine if they use the non-Disney themed buses as backup transportation, if needed. However, I was wondering if there might be more going on behind the scenes, regarding the future of the Disney (owned and themed) buses. Probably not likely, but curious to see if they might eventually rent/lease more outside vendor buses, and sell off (at least some) of their own fleet. (Note: I have nothing to base any of this on. Just a random thought only.)
That’s not a bad theory, @MinnieM123. Disney has made some unusual cost-cutting decisions lately and permanently outsourcing bus transport would not surprise me in the least.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Tuesday, August 23

Woody provided our room service this morning.

DD8386BF-C635-4005-B5A2-C157ECB7538A.jpeg

(Waiting for @MickeyCB to comment on the coffee mug…..)

It was going to be a resort day. After breakfast I went for a walk. The Oasis quiet pool was somewhat busy as the Lava feature pool wasn’t open yet.

2AEF19C1-15A6-4E78-8EE3-B284B7CE6BCE.jpeg

Too early for tropical drinks.

3A6AF4F8-012D-4287-9E29-5DE8FF2DAB6E.jpeg

118E8CDF-874E-46D2-AA46-C8857A215FFD.jpeg

Not a soul on the lawn where we’d watched the fireworks last night.

CDED15E6-C2AB-4CA4-8117-55C790144C91.jpeg

Hey, there were people in the Lava pool!

7DAEE53B-2EA8-47A1-9D8B-157045CD984B.jpeg

Upon closer inspection they were lifeguards. The gates remained locked until the official opening time of 10 am.

AC570CAA-845D-4164-989E-8F7ED75E8552.jpeg

Views along the beach.

1E1C8C6E-5D89-4AA3-A849-A51A16FE50C5.jpeg

FEA74051-31FA-41F2-B2D7-1C2976A27A24.jpeg

1E782991-3A31-44A8-8BA2-52679E2AAE5C.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
G
Tuesday, August 23

Woody provided our room service this morning.

View attachment 676352
(Waiting for @MickeyCB to comment on the coffee mug…..)

It was going to be a resort day. After breakfast I went for a walk. The Oasis quiet pool was somewhat busy as the Lava feature pool wasn’t open yet.

View attachment 676355

Too early for tropical drinks.

View attachment 676354

View attachment 676353

Not a soul on the lawn where we’d watched the fireworks last night.

View attachment 676356

Hey, there were people in the Lava pool!

View attachment 676358

Upon closer inspection they were lifeguards. The gates remained locked until the official opening time of 10 am.

View attachment 676357

Views along the beach.

View attachment 676359

View attachment 676360
Gorgeous pictures

Tuvalu

Original Poster
When I reached our longhouse I climbed the exterior stairs. I wanted to check the potential of the 3rd floor being a fireworks viewing spot. It was.

59A09EB8-65E7-4C89-AE55-1F3E83F09010.jpeg

I walked all the way down the interior hall to the opposite end of the building where our room was. Woody was ready for the pool. I grabbed our pool bag.

“Let’s try the Lava pool,” I suggested. “It opens soon so we should get our pick of the loungers.”

We couldn’t believe our eyes when we arrived. Both entry gates had a long line of people waiting to get in.

We had to queue for rope dropping the pool!!

It was only a couple minutes before the life guards unlocked the gates. We watched the urgency of the first wave of folks scramble to find “the perfect spot.” When Woody and I entered, I noticed a less-congested area where we found two loungers and a small table under an umbrella.

It became our “perfect spot.”

F9AD9B28-6C77-41B6-BF28-CECF8063EECB.jpeg

The pool area was quite busy during the several hours that we were there. It was another hot day but the mix of clouds/sun kept the temperature bearable. There was no loud music or games due to some refurbishment at the shallow end of the pool and for that we were thankful.

We mobile ordered lunch and I offered to do the pick up.

04A7CBC6-DD63-4A8C-B229-8BBA646C2E98.jpeg

I pushed “I’m Here” and expected to see the flipping burger until our order was ready.

But sometime between our breakfast and lunch orders there had been a change.

Instead of watching the burger flip over and over and over, there were six new animated icons to watch!

EC1E6699-CB25-4A1B-899C-8AB459656A21.jpeg
32387A42-04AF-4759-88F5-632D84075E6E.jpeg
CBEFC990-2A03-4CD3-B5AA-FFD659D0016A.jpeg
F8FBEAB9-5A25-4191-AF41-DDE038FCBFD6.jpeg

F2697ABC-ED94-4C56-8016-3186D716FB56.jpeg

68182DA7-1C70-4F12-909C-064EE8D37CFC.jpeg

(I told ya it’s the little things! 🤣)

93boomer

Premium Member
When I reached our longhouse I climbed the exterior stairs. I wanted to check the potential of the 3rd floor being a fireworks viewing spot. It was.

View attachment 676500

I walked all the way down the interior hall to the opposite end of the building where our room was. Woody was ready for the pool. I grabbed our pool bag.

“Let’s try the Lava pool,” I suggested. “It opens soon so we should get our pick of the loungers.”

We couldn’t believe our eyes when we arrived. Both entry gates had a long line of people waiting to get in.

We had to queue for rope dropping the pool!!

It was only a couple minutes before the life guards unlocked the gates. We watched the urgency of the first wave of folks scramble to find “the perfect spot.” When Woody and I entered, I noticed a less-congested area where we found two loungers and a small table under an umbrella.

It became our “perfect spot.”

View attachment 676501

The pool area was quite busy during the several hours that we were there. It was another hot day but the mix of clouds/sun kept the temperature bearable. There was no loud music or games due to some refurbishment at the shallow end of the pool and for that we were thankful.

We mobile ordered lunch and I offered to do the pick up.

View attachment 676508

I pushed “I’m Here” and expected to see the flipping burger until our order was ready.

But sometime between our breakfast and lunch orders there had been a change.

Instead of watching the burger flip over and over and over, there were six new animated icons to watch!

View attachment 676520View attachment 676521View attachment 676523View attachment 676524
View attachment 676525
View attachment 676522

(I told ya it’s the little things! 🤣)
Wow a queue?!! Never seen that before!
Cute little icons to watch 🤣

AKemily

Phew! Finally caught up!
I wasn’t surprised when the inevitable happened.

9E55C40E-AD91-4DE2-8B1C-103D7E8BC74C.jpeg

Did we get evacuated?

No. :arghh:

Peoplemover evac remains on my bucket list.
You’d think by now, it’d’ve happened statistically :hilarious:
D7A5F6AB-97CB-4573-B36D-CA535FA0DAC8.gif

Woody added that RnR is still his favorite coaster but Guardians is a close second.
I have a lot of respect for Woody, but having now rode Guardians, I don’t know if I can forgive him this blasphem—
Woody always likes to stop in Canada. It’s his favourite (for my Canadian friends 😉) pavilion, especially during the Flower and Garden Festival.
— never mind, he’s good😅 🇨🇦
Views along the beach.
I don’t know the Poly layout very well, will the new tower they’re putting up ruin views? You’ve maybe given your opinion on that project elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your trips with us as always! I’ve LOL’d for real several times :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
@AKemily your above post?

Love It Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

The new Poly tower (someone dubbed it the “Polyday Inn”) will not ruin existing views from current longhouses or the beach as it is being built beside them. What it will do is crowd the landscape around the lagoon, and make Poly transportation, restaurants and shops more crowded.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
@AKemily your above post?

Love It Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race

The new Poly tower (someone dubbed it the “Polyday Inn”) will not ruin existing views from current longhouses or the beach as it is being built beside them. What it will do is crowd the landscape around the lagoon, and make Poly transportation, restaurants and shops more crowded.
It will make EVERYTHING more crowded. The parks are packed yet they keep building hotels. (Yes I said hotels, not resorts) Where do they expect these people to go? What do they expect these people to do?

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Tuesday, con’t

Lunch was Aloha Pork Sandwiches with Poly Chips for two.

7D6CDCCD-CA5A-44D6-903C-440DF633B096.jpeg

Later we enjoyed some adult beverages. Kona Longboard for Woody, frozen Voyager (coconut rum blended with cream of coconut and pineapple juice, layered with pineapple Dole whip and blue curaçao) for moi.

321A5879-F2D5-4B1E-93DA-97382B9277B0.jpeg

When the feature pool began to look like this….

9ED4CC93-FA2F-46B1-B540-0C14371EB6C5.jpeg

….we opted for a dip in the quiet pool.

6F6015EA-41BD-4EEE-8B96-F5954D1582BE.jpeg

And when we had tired of the heat, we returned to the room for showers and a nap.

Around 5 pm it started to storm. It shouldn’t have surprised me in the least.

And yet it did.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Albert Einstein defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

That’s me and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Tonight would be my 5th attempt at attending a MNSSHP event. All have had rain, with two parties being complete wash-outs. I’ve never seen the headless horseman, never seen the complete Boo To You parade, never seen the Castle stage show, never seen Carlotta shrouded in fog in front of Haunted Mansion. I’ve stood in a torrential downpour on Main Street to watch the fireworks and trudged through ankle-deep puddles seeking shelter in indoor attractions.

Over the years I’ve had non-refundable party tickets in August, September and October.

A sensible person would say, “That’s it. I’m cursed. I’m done with purchasing MNSSHP tickets. The odds of my attending a non-inclement weather party are nil.”

So why was I so eager to snap up tickets when they went on sale in May?

Go back and reread the first sentence of this post.

Woody, the realist, could not understand why I’d bought tickets. But he humored me (as he often does) and said he’d even wear a special (as in uncharacteristic for him) shirt to the party. Neither of us are into costumes though we enjoy the creativity of those who do dress up.

So we waited for a break in the rain to head over to MK. The monorail wasn’t operating, so we joined a hundred of our closest friends at the bus stop.

E94B867F-7FDA-4FBE-B72B-D92E3A528361.jpeg

0D1D3C67-BAFB-4D8D-8703-B10D53C82A46.jpeg

We waited several minutes. No buses came by. The monorail was still out of service. It dawned on me that when a bus did show up, not everyone at the stop would fit on board.

We opted for Plan B. Walk to the TTC and take the ferry. While we were on our way it started to rain again.

36B57CAD-F7FF-4E4A-A318-8CC76EFE1E1B.jpeg

And the rain rain rain
Came down down down

9568609F-227A-42EA-B105-73DA3CFD4A33.jpeg

2772761D-19A5-4489-AAEE-C4B25FD1A3DC.jpeg

3D64CDB0-AECA-4BA0-B551-FF246AD539E2.jpeg

See all the people on the right? Those were day guests waiting to leave. We ferry-folks had to merge into one line in order to get by them. It took nearly 10 minutes for us to do so….in pouring rain. During that time I played out a realistic scenario in my mind:

Outdoor attractions closed.
Wet bodies, especially feet. (Woody hates having wet feet.)
No headless horseman.
Truncated (if any) Boo To You parade.
Crowded indoor spaces.
Long lines for food.

As Woody approached the turnstile entry I called out, “Nope, this way!” and we got in line at Guest Relations.

4558C57D-4E70-4892-8D20-94769EBD26CE.jpeg

We exchanged our MNSSHP tickets (and by exchanged I mean paid the price difference) for MVMCP tickets. I’ve had much better luck with weather at the Christmas parties. (But if it rains a week from Tuesday, Woody may forbid me to purchase any more special event tickets. 🤣)

Twenty-five minutes later we were in line for the boat to Poly. The monorail was still down and the line for the ferry was long.

4730FBC3-E5ED-454E-914D-B461D0549F0F.jpeg

This was the exact opposite of the “fun transportation evening” Em and I had last month. Upon our return to Poly we got take-out from Capt. Cooks for the third time today.

Though I’d intended to watch the Halloween fireworks from the top of the stairs (the spot I’d checked out this morning) it was sprinkling and I was too tired to make the effort.

Tuvalu 0
MNSSHP 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom