Everyone's Best and Worst Dining Experiences?

Dylan Ann

Why does he hate Buffets? Just curious... I'm no a fan either.

The reason that my whole family tends to not like buffets is because we generally find the food isn't quite as good quality, and can be inconsistent and/or gross if it's left out too long (there are obviously exceptions but if you choose wrong it can be a pretty disappointing experience). It's ironic because we're all happiest when we get to try a little bit of everything, so we should love buffets, but it's just not the case. I am excited to try Boma though (we do like salad bars, and just the description of the soups have me counting down the days!).

My dad, however, hates the idea of standing in line and serving himself and dealing with the crowds. I think part of the issue is that he never knows what anything is or what he likes. It makes him sound like a toddler, but with buffets, he kind of is. It's the result of getting home cooked meals from my mom for 40 years. She's pretty much over the cooking thing, but realizes she's created this monster, so will tell him to sit while she fixes him a plate from the buffet.

Sonconato

Honestly both pictures look disgusting
Honestly, we agree. However, we "thought" that what we were going to get was a freshly cooked Philly Cheesesteak type of sandwich and not an elongated hockey puck that they were trying to pass off as a steak. We figured we would at least share our experience so others don't make the same mistake.

Stellajack

Premium Member
DH and I traveled from POFQ for breakfast at Kona Café to finally try Tonga Toast. Staff was awesome, but breakfast a complete disappointment. This toast was so tough, I couldn't even cut it, but had to pull it away piece by piece with my fork and knife. We were looking forward to the Kona coffee but the coffee was lukewarm at best. Lesson learned.

Martha46

I had previously posted but somehow forgot to mention one meal.
Not that it was the worst experience but definitely one of the most disappointing experiences.
December 2012 we made the early morning trek from Yacht Club to the Poly. Breakfast at Kona Café. We had dined there before and loved it. My parents, my wife and I are all big coffee drinkers. First thing we ordered when we sat down was two French Press Pots of Kona. YUM!
ERRRRRR! "Sorry, we are out of Kona. There is a shortage."
Apparently they had been out for a couple of days and didn't know when next shipment was coming in. It was not available anywhere in the Poly.
The cup of Kona blend was inadequate, unfulfilling, disappointing.
Sorta put a bummer on breakfast. My Tonga Toast was good though.
If you recall the Kona blend was served lukewarm and we had to send it back!

Miss Belle

Best Le Cellier about 8 years ago in more recent time California Grill or Narcosses.
Worst character breakfast in Animal kingdom followed very closely by garden Grill in Epcot

Laurichi

best is dinner at boma..no doubt!
we also loved tusker house(lunch) and garden grill(breakfast) and bog for qs lunch!
worst...cant think of any that was that bad!
we only stayed for 6 days and i had done plenty of research on this forum i guess!

cslafferty

This is harder than you'd think! We have certain favorites for certain reasons, and it doesn't always have to do with food, if that makes any sense! For instance, one of our must-dos is Crystal Palace for breakfast - not because of the food (it's normal breakfast faire) but because we absolutely love getting on Main Street before park opening. That's when we get some of our best pictures, and that is worth it to us. Love taking a leisurely stroll down Main St. and not having to dodge people!
We have also had a hit or miss experience at Coral Reef. We made then cancelled ADRs several times based on the bad reviews before finally going to see for our selves. The first time we had an ok view, but had a great meal. The next year we went, sat right against the glass, but had terrible food. So, I guess it would make both out best and worst lists!
Some of our other Bests:
Raglan Road - DS - have always had a great experience here
Biergarten - EPCOT - lunch
BOG - MK - have only done once for lunch, but was great
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK - lunch (Love the Colonial Salad and Ooie Gooie Toffee Cake)
Sci Fi - DHS - ok food but great atmosphere
Rose and Crown - EPCOT - Fish and Chips
Biggest disappointment: CRT. We went once for dinner and once for lunch. Food was poor, and the last time we were getting dripped on from the ceiling!

danyoung56

We have certain favorites for certain reasons, and it doesn't always have to do with food, if that makes any sense!

Yes, it makes total sense. I really love Cosmic Ray's, but not for the so-so cheeseburger. I love sitting through a set from Sonny Eclipse. And I have the entire track on my mp3 player and can play it any time. But it's somehow different and much much cooler to see him performing in person!

WDWFan2018

I was going to ask about people's least favourite restaurant in all of Disney but I came across this post and figured best and worst is more politically correct.

TS Restaurant
Best - The Boathouse (DS)
Worst - Crystal Palace (MK-atmosphere is great, food is meh, especially considering the price)

QS Restaurant
Best - Casey's Corner (MK)
Worst - Pizzafari (AK)

Last edited:

danyoung56

How long has it been since you dined in San Angel Inn? They went through a menu revamp a few years ago, and now they are much better than they were before.

GoofZ

How long has it been since you dined in San Angel Inn? They went through a menu revamp a few years ago, and now they are much better than they were before.
We went in June of 2017, may have just been an off day for them. Eventually i'll end up giving it another try.

YankeeMouse

Have had many good experiences, too many to name. That's why our experience at the Coral Reef in Epcot was such a surprise. It was the family trip after son's Florida wedding, we were all staying at WL for several days, and it was a large party of about 16. We knew they couldn't seat us together but we were assured we could sit at adjacent tables. After waiting an hour, the staff at the check in desk seemed irritated that we were questioning, nicely, when our tables would be ready. They said we could be seated after that hour but not near each other. So I refused that option. When we did get eventually get seated, the food was very substandard (the top part of my salmon had a crust that slid off the rest of it) and the waiter supremely snarky. I complained to the manager, he said it was a very "off" day.By contrast, the next night, at Be Our Guest, we sat at adjacent tables, waited a minimal amount of time, our food was delicious, the wait staff very nice and accommodating. I will never, ever set foot inside Coral Reef again.

DisneyFreak

What are the best and worst dining experiences you have experienced in each park, Disney Springs, and the resorts?

MK:
Best = The Plaza
Worst = Tony's Town Square

EPCOT:
Best = Spice Road Table
Worst = Coral Reef

DHS:
Best = 50's Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine In (tie)
Worst = Mama Melrose

AK:
Best = Yak & Yeti
Worst = Yak & Yeti

Disney Springs:
Best = Wolf Gang Puck Express
Worst = Bongo's Cuban Cafe

Resorts:
Best = Kona Cafe (Poly) and Olivia's Cafe (OKW) (tie)
Worst = Maya Grill (Coronado Springs)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom