Everyone's Best and Worst Dining Experiences?

thumper

I've had so many great dining experiences (both food and waitstaff), it's hard to decide! One of the more "memorable" best/worst dining experiences I had was back in Nov 2016 at Portobello at DS. We were "carbing up" before the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, and our party of 3 were seated at a table next to a huge party of at least 10-12 (strollers, kids, parents, grandparents, etc). My back was to them, but my chair was getting constantly bumped into with everyone getting up and down, bathroom break, etc. Finally, they get up to leave and take the kids outside while one of the husband/wife team stays to take care of the bill. Basically, they decide to have a huge blowout at the Happiest Place on Earth, raising their voices inside the restaurant, cursing, and stating they've had it with every member of their family, etc - It was definitely awkward and quite loud...and I got a final shove into my chair as they exited. Our waitstaff must have observed, as they came over to apologize and offered us a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine for the inconvenience. It wasn't the waitress' fault, but I thought it was very generous of them to offer..and the food was excellent!

disney4life2008

Although this is bringing up an old thread, I thought this was worth sharing. We sometimes will swing by a resort food court to eat there rather than in the Parks. Tonight was one of those nights and we chose to go to Art of Animation for dinner since we hadn't been for a couple of years. My son decided to get the Steak Sandwich which appeared to be okay on the photo but when he received it, well...you can see for yourself below. You will see the advertised image and the other image is what it really looked like. He did say that it tasted okay at best...at least better than what it actually looked like.
View attachment 143995 View attachment 143996

Wow! There is no way i would have kept it

Crazydisneygirl

I have been twice and done dining plans both times. Only time I had a negative experience was back in 2010. I had saved years to take my 2 kids to Disneyworld. We ate at the 50's Prime Time. The waiter was OK. Nothing wrong - brought the meal and not much else but nothing spectacular. At the end of the meal, we used our credit and tipped the 15%. The waiter looked at the tip which at the time was $20 and he picked it up and looked at the ground and asked us if we dropped the rest of it? I was upset as the amount was 15% of the meal at that time ( not from the US so used the amount on the check before taxes). I felt humiliated as other tables could see this happening. We left and I will never return to that restaurant again. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I wished I would have taken back the money and left him with nothing. Every time I tip at Disney, I think of the experience and try to not let it effect the rest of the wonderful trip)

WDWFan2018

I have been twice and done dining plans both times. Only time I had a negative experience was back in 2010. I had saved years to take my 2 kids to Disneyworld. We ate at the 50's Prime Time. The waiter was OK. Nothing wrong - brought the meal and not much else but nothing spectacular. At the end of the meal, we used our credit and tipped the 15%. The waiter looked at the tip which at the time was $20 and he picked it up and looked at the ground and asked us if we dropped the rest of it? I was upset as the amount was 15% of the meal at that time ( not from the US so used the amount on the check before taxes). I felt humiliated as other tables could see this happening. We left and I will never return to that restaurant again. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I wished I would have taken back the money and left him with nothing. Every time I tip at Disney, I think of the experience and try to not let it effect the rest of the wonderful trip)

15% is a perfectly respectable tip. I would have taken the money back and given him nothing. That's horrible.

Hockey89

Wow...

CaptainAmerica

Worst was a time when I went to Boma and the shrimp in the seafood gumbo wasn't peeled properly so I got a mouthful of shrimp skins.

Best was every other time I went to Boma.

BoarderPhreak

Sure, why not - let's jump on this two year old thread. 🤣

MK:
Best = Pecos Bill Tall Tale and Inn Cafe (nice selection, decent and inexpensive food)
Worst = Crystal Palace (a bit overrated food and character wise, expensive)

EPCOT:
Best = Rose & Crown Pub, Biergarten or Tokyo Dining (great food, atmosphere, service)
Worst = Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (overrated food food and character wise, expensive)

DHS:
Best = 50's Prime Time Cafe (great immersion, decent food and prices)
Worst = n/a

AK:
Best = Yak & Yeti (unique, good food)
Worst = Rainforest (nothing special, but decent food and prices)

Resorts:
Best = Saana (AKL) (excellent food, formerly reasonable prices)
Worst = Boma (AKL) (overpriced, overrated and crowded/slow)

CaptainAmerica

Best = Yak & Yeti (unique, good food)

Worst = Boma (AKL) (overpriced, overrated and crowded/slow)
3b8.gif

Best : Garden Grill - great character interaction and plenty of fresh food . This has become a first Disney night traddition.
: Hoop Dee doo _ fun family show with comfort food that keeps coming.
: Boma _ loved the variety and ambiance.
Worst : Polynesian show _ food was awful and this was incredibly expensive . Hoping O Hana has better food.
: CRT breakfast , character interaction was ok , but the breakfast was rushed through , very expensive and the horror no Mickey waffles allowed for adults ! This was also quite expensive.

danyoung56

Best was a dinner at the California Grill. It took 2 1/2 hours, but I didn't feel in the least slighted. I had the best waiter, who would sit down and talk to me about all the fun behind the scenes stuff. He paced the meal out just perfectly, and it finished off with a showing of the MK fireworks from out on the balcony.

Worst was at the Brown Derby. They had some kind of meat special, like a 34 ounce t-bone for 20 bucks or something like that. The steak was raw in the middle, totally un-edible. After arguing with the waiter and then the manager, I got the price knocked down quite a bit. Still, a really bad experience.

Hockey89

Best was a dinner at the California Grill. It took 2 1/2 hours, but I didn't feel in the least slighted. I had the best waiter, who would sit down and talk to me about all the fun behind the scenes stuff. He paced the meal out just perfectly, and it finished off with a showing of the MK fireworks from out on the balcony.

Worst was at the Brown Derby. They had some kind of meat special, like a 34 ounce t-bone for 20 bucks or something like that. The steak was raw in the middle, totally un-edible. After arguing with the waiter and then the manager, I got the price knocked down quite a bit. Still, a really bad experience.
The dead give away is 34 oz. for 20 bucks... They totally forgot our order last time I was there.... Said he was going to comp the meal... He did one glass of wine.... Took use an hour and 20 mins for lunch with just one order....

crawale

What are the best and worst dining experiences you have experienced in each park, Disney Springs, and the resorts?

MK: Best is Be Our Guest. I absolutely LOVE the ambiance and I had a super magical experience there. Worst is Cinderellas Royal Table. It is way overpriced for food that is just "meh". You are definitely just paying to be in the castle.

EPCOT: Best is Akershus. A way better price than Cinderellas Royal Table and I felt that the food was great. Worst is Coral Reef. It is the worst dining experience that I have ever had at Disney World.

DHS: Best is Mama Melrose. I loved getting this with the Fantasmic package. Worst is The Commissary. The menu is just weird to me. Nothing on it sounds very good, and then when I have gotten something it always tastes ultra bland.

AK: Best is Flame Tree Barbeque. This quick service is a must for me on every trip. I don't have a worst because I have not eaten at many places here. I will be trying Yak and Yeti on my next trip.

Disney Springs: Best is Wolfgang Puck Express. This is also a must do quick service on every trip. Their food is AMAZING. Worst is the Rainforest cafe. It just isn't my cup of tea. Too loud and there is one where i live if i really wanted to eat at one

Resorts: Best is OHana. It is tradition for my family to eat at OHana on the first night that we are at Disney. I do not have a Worst in this category either because I have only had a few other resort dining experiences and I enjoyed them all.
Akerhus for dinner. My two year old grandson had a total meltdown and was screaming so much I thought we would have to cancel. However the staff were incredible - bringing him snacks, trying to comfort him, seating us quickly, giving us a rain check for pictures with Belle. As soon as he saw the first princess his tears turned into smiles and he was just fine. We have been back several times and the staff have been wonderful on every occasion - very patient with small guests.

ELeigh

Bests:
'Ohana-This has been a must do for me since my first visit there. I have read more mixed reviews lately so I will have to see in a few days if it's still just as good.
Frontera Cocina-Chose this as a last minute ADR on the last day of a trip. Ididnt have many expectations but everything was amazingly good.
Flame tree BBQ-Out of all the QS I have visited, this one was the best and worth planning an AK around eating a meal here :)
Worsts:
Crystal Palace-I went towards the end of a dinner serving so my experience may have been a poor representation but it was just awful. The food was unappealing the service was abysmal and you couldn't pay me to eat there again.
Hollywood Vine Breakfast-Bland and boring food for a crazy price tag. I felt like it was the same breakfast options as a value QS just served buffet style with a huge price tag for the characters that barely interacted with my daughter and the lighting made it impossible to take a picture-walked out of there and across the street and met half the characters in a way better setting.
-I realize that both my worsts are character meals but none of my best ones are, there are character meals I enjoyed and would go back to (Akershus and Chef Mickeys) I just don't think of them as every trip places).

John park hopper

The best was at Jiko the food was outstandig along with the service. Garden Grill wasn't the worst but close to it. The food was bland and really on cafeteria level

KathyM

Bests: V & A, Blue Zoo dinner, Grand Floridian Cafe lunch, Trail's End dinner, Flying Fish dinner, Boma breakfast
Worsts: the old Portobello, Kona dinner

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom