Everybody Loves MJ--Everyone Welcome!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
They were advertising an air show at Willow Grove Air Force Base, June 24-25, but I just googled it and it's actually this weekend. That's weird. Unless they postponed it till next weekend.
Also, Heineken must be sponsoring the event because after they wrote the date they wrote Heineken over and over and over.
It was cool to watch them. The planes themselves were up so high, they were barely visible.
My SIL was stationed at Willow Grove, but I thought it was a navy base. (?)

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
I got these yesterday:

In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex
0670891576.jpg

Secrets of the Code
7639188.jpg

Not familiar with the first book.
The second I've seen but did not read.
There are so many books on the DaVinci Code, it's hard to know what ones are good.

Connor002

tigsmom said:
I loved In The Heart of the Sea! Did you read MobyD.I.C.K.?
Not yet, but plan on it sooner rather than later...
Mad said:
This is the true story of the whalers and the ship that inspired it! It gets a little boring at spots (very technical), but overall its very, very good.
I don't mind technical...

Nemo14

Connor002 said:
Will the Blue Angels be there?
See: Waste of Tax Payer's Money.
:lookaroun

Ha... wonderful...
Not a job for me...
When we were in FL in February, there were skywriters every day promoting Jesus. I couldn't help but think that that money could have been better spent....

Uponastar

maggiegrace1 said:
Oh..we call them snoballs down here..But Thanks..

Snow cones or snowballs are made of shaved ice which is formed into a ball and is very firm. The flavor is then poured over the top.
As Connor said, in water ice the flavor and the ice are blended together into a sort of slush. You can almost drink it, but it is usually eaten with a spoon.

tigsmom

Connor002 said:
Not yet, but plan on it sooner rather than later...
I don't mind technical...

Read Heart of the Sea first, then read Moby D.I.C.K. Herman Melville visited the Essex then wrote his book.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Will the Blue Angels be there?
See: Waste of Tax Payer's Money.
:lookaroun

Ha... wonderful...
Not a job for me...

The Thunderbirds are scheduled not the Blue Angels.
Nothing about the info on the Willow Grove website matches what the sky writers wrote. :lol:
I used to enjoy air shows, but in recent years there have been too many accidents for me to feel comfortable at one.
Not my idea of fun anymore.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
The Thunderbirds are scheduled not the Blue Angels.
Nothing about the info on the Willow Grove website matches what the sky writers wrote. :lol:
I used to enjoy air shows, but in recent years there have been too many accidents for me to feel comfortable at one.
I saw a plane crash at one - I still have nightmares about it. we have a big one here every June, and I can't even look when they're over the house!

Connor002

Uponastar said:
I saw the Angels down in Annapolis... other than that... never been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom