Every pull a Disney "Fast One?"

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
A few years ago I purchased a Mickey’s Coffee Company Creamer and Sugar bowl in a local thrift shop. The shop is in a strip mall and I going into the bakery next door when I saw them in the widow.

I brought them home and I told my wife that now we needed to get the matching coffee mugs but she said NO we have enough Disney coffee mugs to open a Starbucks. (Dunkin’s, Tim Horton’s etc.)

On our next trip to WDW, I went out for my walk one morning while waiting for my family to shower, shave and shine. Staying at the Contemporary I went to Bay View Gifts and purchase a set of mugs that matched the creamer and sugar bowl (Mickey, Donald, Minnie and Goofy) as well as some Mickey flatware. I had my purchases shipped to our home.

Everything arrived after our return when my dear wife wasn’t at home. I washed everything and put it into the cupboards. When my dear wife returned home I asked if she would like some coffee. As I started to make the coffee, my dear wife said I’ll get the cups, opened the cupboard and just stared at the cups for a minute uncomprehending but knowing something was different. She still refers to it as the miracle of the coffee cups.

Nmoody1

Is it the 'coffee' theme 'Disney parks blend'? I've wanted that milk and sugar bowl for years, and the cookie jar - I have the mugs, the plates, the espresso cups - they launched with 1920's looking characters originally - there was a clarabell mug also, but now the design is a little more up to date! Love your story though!

WDWmazprty

A few years ago I purchased a Mickey’s Coffee Company Creamer and Sugar bowl in a local thrift shop. The shop is in a strip mall and I going into the bakery next door when I saw them in the widow.

I brought them home and I told my wife that now we needed to get the matching coffee mugs but she said NO we have enough Disney coffee mugs to open a Starbucks. (Dunkin’s, Tim Horton’s etc.)

On our next trip to WDW, I went out for my walk one morning while waiting for my family to shower, shave and shine. Staying at the Contemporary I went to Bay View Gifts and purchase a set of mugs that matched the creamer and sugar bowl (Mickey, Donald, Minnie and Goofy) as well as some Mickey flatware. I had my purchases shipped to our home.

Everything arrived after our return when my dear wife wasn’t at home. I washed everything and put it into the cupboards. We my dear wife returned home I asked if she would like some coffee. As I started to make the coffee, my dear wife said I’ll get the cups, opened the cupboard and just stared at the cups for a minute uncomprehending but knowing something was different. She still refers to it as the miracle of the coffee cups.

Awesome!
epic-win-meme_133614103669.jpg

The MaD Hatter

My Disney "Fast One" involves an epic tale of pool hopping while using a 2005 refillable mug before using a GAC to skip all the lines at MK. Oh wait, you meant something else... :p

We used to visit every Christmas and stay at the Pop Century. I was in charge of procuring everyone's breakfast each morning, and I would always come back with gifts I had bought in the park the day before and had sent to our resort. They always wondered how I did it, especially since it was stuff you couldn't buy at the Pop gift shop. I guess you could say I was Breakfast Claus.

JIMINYCR

Every trip I'll purchase something and ship it home and forget to tell my wife. Thankfully she is understanding of my spur of the moment Disney buys and doesnt say a word. But it helps that I always stay within budget.

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Is it the 'coffee' theme 'Disney parks blend'? I've wanted that milk and sugar bowl for years, and the cookie jar - I have the mugs, the plates, the espresso cups - they launched with 1920's looking characters originally - there was a clarabell mug also, but now the design is a little more up to date! Love your story though!

Yes it is very 20's style and on our trip after the coffee cup "Miracle" we purchased the cookie jar.

Phonedave

I didn't pull the fast one, my wife did (she was my fiancee at the time)

We were in WDW for the second Wine and Dine Half Marathon. For those not familar, the race is held at night (starts at 9:00 PM if I recall) and ends in EPCOT. They have a party for the people running the race and their guests. They also give each person a $10 gift card. I was running, my wife was not, so she went to the party early.

So I am running the 13.1 mile race and am getting text updates from her - drinking at Mexico, trying wines in France, etc. I had given her all of my stuff except my cell phone to hold. I cross the finish line, and she meets me and says "Honey, I used up my gift card, ...... and I used your too, ....... plus I charged some drinks to the room" (my credit card).

-dave

wiigirl

Every trip I'll purchase something and ship it home and forget to tell my wife. Thankfully she is understanding of my spur of the moment Disney buys and doesnt say a word. But it helps that I always stay within budget.

I do that too with my husband...I rarely stay within budget. :p
75.gif

Dad 2 M & M

When my princesses were little, the wife and I would buy postcards, let charaters sign, and mail them. It really helped them adjust and cope with their Disney withdrawal!

scpergj

I have a few times...

I bought my wife a Tinkerbell watch at Downtown Disney for her birthday a few years ago. She was off purchasing something for our daughter, so I snuck in and bought it. Put the bag in my backpack...nicely hidden.

Then, a couple of years ago, my daughter had a girl scout event at Sea World, so we took a long weekend trip to Orlando to get in a couple of Disney days...and so my son and I could be at the Studios for Star Wars Weekend. We bought my wife a Disney bead for her Pandora bracelet (the bead was not Pandora brand, but it was made to fit it), and a patchwork backpack. Again, put the bags with our other things, and she never knew until we gave them to her.

Mr Bill

I took a ream of napkins from Cosmic Ray's to wallpaper my den, I thought it'd be a cool Disney touch to the room to literally have walls covered in napkins with the Disney logos on them. Might grab a few more next time and cover the ceiling too.

GeoDonJac34

A few months ago on my day off I was strolling through a local store and came across a Disney bathroom set. It had a shower curtain, floor rug and hand towel. I put them in our bathroom while DW was working. When she came home and went upstairs she was not very amused. I ended up taking them down, but she decided I can put them back up when our trip is near. We are going next month, and they are all back in the bathroom. I really have to ease up on Disney a bit.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I was checking out of Jambo May 2011 at around 4:30am to catch the DME. The guy next to me checking out was looking at this laundry list of charges shaking his head. He wife and three girls went on a multi thousand $$ spending spree (total was around $3100) and the CM said "Looks like the "Smith" ladies had a good time. My girlfriend was still up in the room doing the once over before leaving and I was handed my blank charge sheet to sign off on. I looked at the time and said loudly "Looks like Tori behaved herself and did not have a good time." That guy gave me a glare from the underworld.

Tinkerbell 8

My DH (fiancee at the time) were staying at POP and he was looking at a really nice watch set they had at the store, it was a picture of Mickey and Walt standing on Main Street and it came with 3 different bands and 3 different face plates. He is really into watches, but he didn't want to spend the $150 on one thing for himself so he decided not to get it. We went back to the room and while he was in the shower I told him I was going to get us soda in our refillable mugs, and I went and bought him the watch. I made it back to the room before he was finished and I put the watch in his drawer on top of the clothes he was wearing that night. He was shocked to see that I bought him the watch with my Disney spending money.

KCheatle

We pulled a "Fast one" on my daughter. We took a birthday card on our last trip and each time a princess would come around at the Princess Breakfast in Norway I would first take a picture with her and the princess. She's obsessed with her pictures, so while I would be showing her th picture, my DH would secretly have the princess sign the birthday card. Then before we left we bought several of those princess nightgowns and for her birthday, she opened up a present from the princesses! She couldn't believe it! ;)

NYwdwfan

We pulled a "Fast one" on my daughter. We took a birthday card on our last trip and each time a princess would come around at the Princess Breakfast in Norway I would first take a picture with her and the princess. She's obsessed with her pictures, so while I would be showing her th picture, my DH would secretly have the princess sign the birthday card. Then before we left we bought several of those princess nightgowns and for her birthday, she opened up a present from the princesses! She couldn't believe it! ;)

That is an AMAZING idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom