Everest seating

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Does anyone have any idea of the seating configurations of the EE trains. By looking at the pictures, it seems that the track size is huge. (Notice the size of the construction workers next to the track.)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
steve2wdw said:
Does anyone have any idea of the seating configurations of the EE trains. By looking at the pictures, it seems that the track size is huge. (Notice the size of the construction workers next to the track.)

i was under the impression that it would be 2 x 2 and the ride vehicles would resemble that of BTMR

could be wrong though.

1disneydood

I was just noticing how wide the track looked last night as I was drooling over the pics. :slurp:

I esp. like the pic of the track emerging from the mt. and looks to be going straight into the ground, sideways. :eek:

Yen_Sid1

Seating will be 2 across. 3 rows per car. Locomotive car will have only 2 rows of 2 each. There will be 5 coaches plus one locomotive per train. That will give a grand total of 34 per train.

s25843

What kind of restraints? Will it be a shoulder harness type, a bar type, or a bar/seatbelt type like they have on the Superman rides at SixFlags?

Lynx04

1disneydood said:
I was just noticing how wide the track looked last night as I was drooling over the pics. :slurp:

I esp. like the pic of the track emerging from the mt. and looks to be going straight into the ground, sideways. :eek:
There is one thing I learned about the pic of EE. The don't do it justice. First when I was looking at the pics I was thinking, "Man this thing doesn't look that large". But, when I say EE in person my jaw dropped. That thing i large and in charge. The track size doesn't seem that much different in size than RnR, which has 2x2 seating. Also, I could be wrong but I do not know of any Vekoma coasters out there with more then 2x2. On the other hand, it did stop Premier from developing 4x4 for Mummy did it.

Lee

Adventurer
s25843 said:
What kind of restraints? Will it be a shoulder harness type, a bar type, or a bar/seatbelt type like they have on the Superman rides at SixFlags?

A lap restraint.
Not a bar like Big Thunder, though.

ButtClown44

Special note, this is the first Vekoma coaster with the guide wheels on the outside of the track rather than the inside of the track. What this will mean to the way the ride runs, I have no idea.

ButtClown44 said:
Special note, this is the first Vekoma coaster with the guide wheels on the outside of the track rather than the inside of the track. What this will mean to the way the ride runs, I have no idea.

Hopefully it'll lead to a much smoother ride.

Epcot82Guy

Lynx04 said:
There is one thing I learned about the pic of EE. The don't do it justice. First when I was looking at the pics I was thinking, "Man this thing doesn't look that large". But, when I say EE in person my jaw dropped. That thing i large and in charge.
I'm glad to hear someone say this. I've been disappointed because the pictures don't make it look that big. And it is apparently difficult to compare this to ToT. Hopefully I will make it down to FL sometime soon and see it in person, although before 2006 seems out of the question right now. Any other thoughts on how the pics make it look for those of us not down there?

Lee

Adventurer
ButtClown44 said:

More like "one of the first" Vekomas to use this design. They have been using it for a little while on their family and junior coasters, as well as the booster bike coasters.
In theory it should result in a smoother ride, although with Vekomas it tends to be more the fault of the wheelsets when a ride turns rough

WDWFREAK53

Epcot82Guy said:
I'm glad to hear someone say this. I've been disappointed because the pictures don't make it look that big. And it is apparently difficult to compare this to ToT. Hopefully I will make it down to FL sometime soon and see it in person, although before 2006 seems out of the question right now. Any other thoughts on how the pics make it look for those of us not down there?

H-U-G-E very big indeed.
It looks pretty impressive with the lifthill in place!

Lee

Adventurer
KevinPage said:
Lee, Is it a hydralic T-bar like the newer Intamin hyper coasters? Any idea how you will be situated in the seat?

That is what it looks like to me, though what I saw was just a mock-up.
Actually, when I got into Mummy, I thought to myself "This seems kinda like what I saw on Everest".

Situated in the seat? Not sure I follow you. You sit upright, the restraint hits you around the midsection.

KevinPage

Lee said:
That is what it looks like to me, though what I saw was just a mock-up.Actually, when I got into Mummy, I thought to myself "This seems kinda like what I saw on Everest".
Situated in the seat? Not sure I follow you. You sit upright, the restraint hits you around the midsection.

What I meant was, is the coaster car itself, like a BTMRR seating (bench seat) or is there a seat divider on a tradiontial wood coaster?

Are you sunken down a bit like on RnRC or level or high up with no obstructions.

Uno, dos, tres, I'm sick of the Ipod commerical already

Lee

Adventurer
KevinPage said:
What I meant was, is the coaster car itself, like a BTMRR seating (bench seat) or is there a seat divider on a tradiontial wood coaster?

Are you sunken down a bit like on RnRC or level or high up with no obstructions.
/QUOTE]

As I recall, there was not much of a divider, if any.
And no, you don't sit way down like RnRC. Much more like BTMRR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom