Everest night photos

wannab@dis

Sergeant Tibbs said:
your one to talk. lol
It wasn't personal... and looking back, my post was a tad harsh.

But my intention was that some can't find good in anything. They continually find problems and, to me, that's sad. I look for good in most things and I have to say, it can help you have a happier life! If you are always seeing that bad, then there's no way you can be happy in life. That is sad and it's a shame they can't find something good.

:wave:

Sergeant Tibbs

wannab@dis said:

But my intention was that some can't find good in anything. They continually find problems and, to me, that's sad. I look for good in most things and I have to say, it can help you have a happier life! If you are always seeing that bad, then there's no way you can be happy in life. That is sad and it's a shame they can't find something good.

Oh im sorry, I thought you were that animal kingdom kid who wants to know every detail, he has the same avatar as you. but what i said was mean anyway so sorry to both of you ;)
By the way thanks for the pics! quite amazing

wannab@dis

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Oh im sorry, I thought you were that animal kingdom kid who wants to know every detail, he has the same avatar as you. but what i said was mean anyway so sorry to both of you ;)
By the way thanks for the pics! quite amazing
:lol:

no problem! :wave:

need to change my avatar... :lookaroun

Epcot82Guy

wannab@dis said:

Now hang on a sec. I just said that the lighting package wasn't the best. As in BTMRR has a much better one and is small. The rest of this project has been spectacular. I have found quite a bit of good in this. Frankly, all of Disney's theme parks are founded on someone who found something negative. These places certainly had good in them, but Walt found the negative and that's why Walt wanted DL to be made.

I am hoping your post wasn't personal, but I hardly think posting that I thought the lighting on the mountain is grounds to say I find nothing positive in EE as a whole or in life.

Craig & Lisa

dandaman said:
Holy... :eek: It's awesome. I can't wait to see this sucker in person!

I saw it in person last week, and it is awesome, but, I think from what I have read on here we need to keep this in perspective. What I mean is don't let the way it looks on the outside make you think it's just as awesome on the inside, ie the ride itself. For all we know the rollercoaster may be not be as big a thing as the mountain. Like I said it's an unbelieveable site, but don't judge a book by it's cover, we'll just have to wait and see.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I love seeing the difference 11 months can make..
from
webP1010603_small.jpg
to
webP1020517_small.jpg

raven

Epcot82Guy said:
Now hang on a sec. I just said that the lighting package wasn't the best. As in BTMRR has a much better one and is small. The rest of this project has been spectacular.

Well, you stated in your original post that hope this is an "abbreviated version of the final package."

The good thing is that if you look at the pictures again, the light is only coming from one sorce/angle. This tells me it is more of a "work" light than actual nightime "show" lighting. The light you see in the pictures is most likely there just so they can see what they are doing. They probably haven't tested the real lighting yet. And as a theatrical lighting designer myself, I can tell you that since this is a mountain that you can see from everywhere, WDI must have some pretty awesome lighting in mind for it. :wave:

Walrus

Hey wdwmagic.com board!!! Im new here my name is Joseph and I live in Texas. I must say Everest at night looks pretty awesome!!!!

John Lennon Forever
1940-1980

Epcot82Guy

raven said:
Well, you stated in your original post that hope this is an "abbreviated version of the final package."

The good thing is that if you look at the pictures again, the light is only coming from one sorce/angle. This tells me it is more of a "work" light than actual nightime "show" lighting. The light you see in the pictures is most likely there just so they can see what they are doing. They probably haven't tested the real lighting yet. And as a theatrical lighting designer myself, I can tell you that since this is a mountain that you can see from everywhere, WDI must have some pretty awesome lighting in mind for it. :wave:

That was my entire point. It looked like work lights. I was just saying I hope that's all it is. My sister is also a lighting designer and had the same reaction that she assume and hoped it was simply the working lights. With all the detail going into this thing, I bet the package will be great. Really want to see that. All I was saying is that IF this was it, I thought it was a bit disappointing. Can't imagine it would be, but stranger things have happened in the World so just an opinion of concern.

I'm glad to see someone interepreted my post correctly as merely a concern and not a "this thing is terrible" post. thanks :wave:

wannab@dis

Epcot82Guy said:
That was my entire point. It looked like work lights. I was just saying I hope that's all it is. My sister is also a lighting designer and had the same reaction that she assume and hoped it was simply the working lights. With all the detail going into this thing, I bet the package will be great. Really want to see that. All I was saying is that IF this was it, I thought it was a bit disappointing. Can't imagine it would be, but stranger things have happened in the World so just an opinion of concern.

I'm glad to see someone interepreted my post correctly as merely a concern and not a "this thing is terrible" post. thanks :wave:
You didn't say a word about "work" lights... you said "not impressing"... "abreviated version of final"... "only white"... "flat"...

I don't have a problem with you not liking the light, but if someone seems to complain about a lot of things, then it's fairly easy to assume they can't be pleased.

I personally don't think they are finished with the lighting. I have a couple of reasons, but why complain about it right now? At least let them finish before they get knocked.

Maybe they will complete the lighting right after they 'hide' the show building... :rolleyes:

Edited - added the smiley so intention of the last sentence is clear. :lol:

Legacy

My thought is, how nessecary IS a fully developed lighting package? Animal Kingdom isn't really a "night-time" park as a whole anyway. Yeah, a lighting package would be phenominal. Some blues and greens would give it a tremendously surreal look. But I don't a lighting package to Everest would be as vital the one at BTMRR

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:

The lighting may not be 100% finished, but they were not work lights. In person, the lighting works well. I think lighting something that is supposed to be a huge mountain needs to be done carefully. The way it is done now, the lighting is subtle, and just allows you to see the mountain out of the darkness. If they were to go with eleborate colors and washes, I think it would lose its sense of realism and scale.

DizWhizKid

Legacy said:
My thought is, how nessecary IS a fully developed lighting package? Animal Kingdom isn't really a "night-time" park as a whole anyway. Yeah, a lighting package would be phenominal. Some blues and greens would give it a tremendously surreal look. But I don't a lighting package to Everest would be as vital the one at BTMRR

Well, considering that once EE opens, they're gonna keep DAK open until 9:00 every night (and probably later during the summer), I would say that they're gonna try to MAKE it a night time park. It's popular enough, and, except for Safaris and the animal treks, there's nothing there that won't work during the night.

If they can do it for Extra Magic Hours, they can do it every night.

wannab@dis

DizWhizKid said:
Well, considering that once EE opens, they're gonna keep DAK open until 9:00 every night (and probably later during the summer), I would say that they're gonna try to MAKE it a night time park. It's popular enough, and, except for Safaris and the animal treks, there's nothing there that won't work during the night.

If they can do it for Extra Magic Hours, they can do it every night.
I have read that they MAY keep the park open later, but you're stating it as fact. Are you sure this is fact now?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Walrus said:
Hey wdwmagic.com board!!! Im new here my name is Joseph and I live in Texas. I must say Everest at night looks pretty awesome!
WELCOME.... koo-koo-ka-chu

i thought the lighting would have even more a sudtle tone.... but then again im not there and cant see in person..... i know that makes a HUGE difference. kind of an eeiry lighting

hey, why build a 100M mtn and leave it half lit at night. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom