Everest night photos

raven

wdwmagic said:
The lighting may not be 100% finished, but they were not work lights. In person, the lighting works well. I think lighting something that is supposed to be a huge mountain needs to be done carefully. The way it is done now, the lighting is subtle, and just allows you to see the mountain out of the darkness. If they were to go with eleborate colors and washes, I think it would lose its sense of realism and scale.

True. Since AK is more into realism than MK, I believe they will be careful not to make the mountain look too fake under show lighting. I think the lighting will be more to highlight the size and scope of the attraction than anything else. And like you said, I'm sure it looks better in person than in these photos.

Epcot82Guy

wdwmagic said:
The lighting may not be 100% finished, but they were not work lights. In person, the lighting works well. I think lighting something that is supposed to be a huge mountain needs to be done carefully. The way it is done now, the lighting is subtle, and just allows you to see the mountain out of the darkness. If they were to go with eleborate colors and washes, I think it would lose its sense of realism and scale.

I appreciate the perspective, Steve. In the photos, it really didn't seem subtle and destroyed the perspective a bit in my eye. Obviously that may be a trick of the lens if it is, in fact, subtle in person.

However, I believe I will be bowing out from this tread because it seems that having an opinion creates a comment on one's interpretations of everything done. I respected everyone's opinion that thought it looked good; I disagreed and thought that my opinion deserved that respect, also. But, aparently not. So, I will just refrain from posting in this line.

raven

wannab@dis said:
You didn't say a word about "work" lights... you said "not impressing"... "abreviated version of final"... "only white"... "flat"...

I don't have a problem with you not liking the light, but if someone seems to complain about a lot of things, then it's fairly easy to assume they can't be pleased.

I personally don't think they are finished with the lighting. I have a couple of reasons, but why complain about it right now? At least let them finish before they get knocked.

Don't even start this again. Read the original post, as I have, before you start knocking down other people's comments.

He originaly said: "I don't know why, but the lighting package isn't really impressing me. I am assumign this is an abbreviated version of the final package in that this seems to be solely white flood lights (and most Disney mountains have some colors). It just makes things look a bit flat. Time will tell, I guess."

"ASUMING" and "TIME WILL TELL" should have told you that he knows this is probably not complete yet.

Everyone is entilted to their own opinion.

raven

Epcot82Guy said:
I appreciate the perspective, Steve. In the photos, it really didn't seem subtle and destroyed the perspective a bit in my eye. Obviously that may be a trick of the lens if it is, in fact, subtle in person.

However, I believe I will be bowing out from this tread because it seems that having an opinion creates a comment on one's interpretations of everything done. I respected everyone's opinion that thought it looked good; I disagreed and thought that my opinion deserved that respect, also. But, aparently not. So, I will just refrain from posting in this line.

Don't worry about him. I've gone 'round and 'round with him and a couple of others in another thread. I'm glad to see another person look at the whole package and give their simple observation on something. Keep up the good posting and don't let it bother you. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi guys, lets not turn this into an argument. Everyones opinion is welcome. Thanks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
im still trying to figure out why some get so worked up over others "opinions" and act like they are saying fact...... one opinion is ones opinion. lets remember that. some have different tastes then others.

As for the light debate, ill see on opening day, then tell you if i think in my opinion the imagineers did a swell job.

wannab@dis

raven said:
Don't worry about him. I've gone 'round and 'round with him and a couple of others in another thread. I'm glad to see another person look at the whole package and give their simple observation on something. Keep up the good posting and don't let it bother you. :wave:
:wave:

Listen, not every reaction is based on just one quote... sometimes it's based on the perception from multiple posts by a user. In any event, my posts were not "bashing" his opinion... in fact, I believe I said as much. The point was that it seemed premature to be looking at things negatively and in addition, the tendency to negatively react in many situations seems sad.

Finally, he said nothing about work lights... you did. He said it may be an abreviated version of final version, which is much different from "work lights".

Oh, what thread are you referring to that we go 'round and 'round? :veryconfu

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wannab@dis said:
:wave:Oh, what thread are you referring to that we go 'round and 'round? :veryconfu
hey guys, lets not make this thread into the "Debate of the Century Reguarding 32 feet" like 2 weeks ago..... all that is going to do is get someone "Thrawned" or the thread locked.

deep breaths..............

wannab@dis

jmaxwell007 said:
hey guys, lets not make this thread into the "Debate of the Century Reguarding 32 feet" like 2 weeks ago..... all that is going to do is get someone "Thrawned" or the thread locked.

deep breaths..............
Not my intention... I was actually confused. :lol:

raven

wannab@dis said:
Finally, he said nothing about work lights... you did. He said it may be an abreviated version of final version, which is much different from "work lights".

To most people, and especially lighting designers, flood lights are the same thing as work lights. I knew what he was talking about and simply defended his honest opinion since someone accused him of being negative. Don't just read the posts, comprehend them.

Glad to see there is an "ignor member" list that might come in handy. :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

pat_naughty05 said:
Question: Is the exterior of the mountain completed? It's kinda hard to tell through a pic. Are they only working on the interior now?

Exterior is done and interior is about 90% (if not completely) done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom