Everest & Narnia (10/22)

WDWFREAK53

Thrawn said:
At least 6 months, probably more if the movie does well. (Everyone go see it! The movie doing well = more movies = more money for Disney = real Narnia attraction)

...doesn't necessarily "EQUAL" an attraction...but does give it a better shot of being built.

(Where are the Love Bug and Mary Poppins attractions?)

socalkdg

Thrawn said:
webeverest.jpg

Where the water is coming down (between the lift and the drop) is, obviously, the waterfall area.
Notice to the left of the lift/main waterfall it looks like a second waterfall. Any word on if that will be installed as well?

Mouseplanet was reporting that installation of the Yeti was supposed to begin this week. Any truth to this?

bgraham34

socalkdg said:
Notice to the left of the lift/main waterfall it looks like a second waterfall. Any word on if that will be installed as well?

Mouseplanet was reporting that installation of the Yeti was supposed to begin this week. Any truth to this?

Yeah I see the second waterfall.

CTXRover

I believe that second waterfall will be there as well. Its tough to see it from the path around Everest right now, but will be visible on the ride and during the lift. The only reason I believe there will be a second waterfall is that during the construction, the steel frame of the mountain in the areas that the waterfalls appear in the concept art was a different type of steel than the rest of the support structure (it was white beams instead of red). I'm not a construction expert, but I was told they were a different color in those areas because that is where the waterfalls would be.

jeffd841

Perhaps the different color means a different kind of material that can withstand the damage that can be associated with water. Aluminum or Stainless or something of that nature that won't rust when leaks occur.. Just a thought.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There does appear to be two areas of the "white" steel. Some behind the obvious in front.
webP6160172_small.jpg

Of course this could be an optical illusion.:wave:

Pongo

Thank you for the link. That movie looks amazing. Narnia and Harry Potter are my two most anticipated movies of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom