Everest & Narnia (10/22)

ballewclan

Thrawn said:
webeverest.jpg

Where the water is coming down (between the lift and the drop) is, obviously, the waterfall area.

Thanks!

JEDIsney

Thrawn said:
At least 6 months, probably more if the movie does well. (Everyone go see it! The movie doing well = more movies = more money for Disney = real Narnia attraction)

Thanks a lot, Thrawn. Hopefully I'll be there to see it.

I just realized... I didn't even ask when it was opening. Possible chance that it will be open in late November, even though the movie is opening in December?

And I'm sure the movie will make a huge amount of money. How could they not? They're expecting way over $150mil.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
JEDIsney said:
Thanks a lot, Thrawn. Hopefully I'll be there to see it.

I just realized... I didn't even ask when it was opening. Possible chance that it will be open in late November, even though the movie is opening in December?

And I'm sure the movie will make a huge amount of money. How could they not? They're expecting way over $150mil.

$150m isn't that much, really. A lot of garbage movies make that much. I don't think $150m is enough for them to make an attraction.

I don't know the opening date for this, I'm sure someone does though.

imagineersrock

Thrawn said:
$150m isn't that much, really. A lot of garbage movies make that much. I don't think $150m is enough for them to make an attraction.

I don't know the opening date for this, I'm sure someone does though.
I believe it opens December 9th.

JEDIsney

Thrawn said:

Well, I did say that they were expecting way over $150 million. Yes, a lot of garbage movies make that much, but the book has been read by millions of people and will draw a huge attraction of people to go see it. So it will most probably be over $150m. Let's just hope that whatever they make, it's enough for an attraction and six more Narnia films.

imagineersrock said:
I believe it opens December 9th.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I won't be there. I was looking foward to seeing it in person. Oh wait, if it's supposed to be up for six months, then I possibly have a chance, because I might be going back in April 2006. Hmm.

Craig & Lisa

JEDIsney said:
Great EE update, once again! Just can't wait to see it in person. Only 27 days!

Does anyone know how long the Narnia sets will be at the Studios? I'm really excited for the movie. I read the book years ago, and I can't wait to see how Disney did with the movie. I know it's stupid, but every time I watch the trailer, I get the shivers. Just from the trailer, you can see that they made it look so amazing.

When and where are you staying, the family and I are there 28 days fron yesterday, my wife found that a small meet will be (hopefully) happening then sometime, did up here in Jersey but not at any of the parks, should be fun 27 days not soon enough!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

JEDIsney

Craig & Lisa said:
When and where are you staying, the family and I are there 28 days fron yesterday, my wife found that a small meet will be (hopefully) happening then sometime, did up here in Jersey but not at any of the parks, should be fun 27 days not soon enough!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

We're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort from November 18 to November 27. What about you? Where and when are you staying?

I think a meet would be a great idea. Please let me know on any more information. But you're right, and these next 26 days won't come soon enough!

imagineersrock

JEDIsney said:
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I won't be there. I was looking foward to seeing it in person. Oh wait, if it's supposed to be up for six months, then I possibly have a chance, because I might be going back in April 2006. Hmm.

Oh, I was referring to the film, not the attraction... sorry, I should have clarified!

As far as the attraction goes, it's kind of unknown at this point regarding when exactly the attraction will open. People have speculated that it would open on Dec. 9th along with the film, while others have suggested it may be opening before. I'm one of the people who thinks it would make sense to use it as a marketing tool and open it before the film hits theaters... but that's just my 2 cents.:)

JEDIsney

imagineersrock said:
Oh, I was referring to the film, not the attraction... sorry, I should have clarified!

As far as the attraction goes, it's kind of unknown at this point regarding when exactly the attraction will open. People have speculated that it would open on Dec. 9th along with the film, while others have suggested it may be opening before. I'm one of the people who thinks it would make sense to use it as a marketing tool and open it before the film hits theaters... but that's just my 2 cents.:)

No need to be sorry, it was just a confusion.

I agree with what you're saying though. They should probably open the attraction before the movie comes out, so that way it's advertising and people will want to go see the movie. Let's hope that's what Disney is doing.

Remus

I can't imagine The Walt Disney Company that I know, building a Narnia exhibit and then not keeping it there for at least two years.

I'm just guessing, but I think it is safe to say that the Narnia exhibit will be there for years to come...unless the movie is a bigger disappointment than the Haunted Mansion, which is hard to imagine.

I personally think the film will do quite well.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Remus said:
I can't imagine The Walt Disney Company that I know, building a Narnia exhibit and then not keeping it there for at least two years.

I'm just guessing, but I think it is safe to say that the Narnia exhibit will be there for years to come...unless the movie is a bigger disappointment than the Haunted Mansion, which is hard to imagine.

These are just movie sets. Not a full attraction by any means. Plus, if they wanted to make more movies, they would need to close the attraction to take at least some of the sets back.

Remus

Thrawn said:
These are just movie sets. Not a full attraction by any means. Plus, if they wanted to make more movies, they would need to close the attraction to take at least some of the sets back.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. This new exhibit will be on par with the HM exhibit from 2003 which I know very well. Yes, I understand that it is not an attraction, but we're talking about a $500,000 investment here. They will get their money's worth.

And the Studio would never give WDI something they thought they might re-use. The various business units of the Company are not that friendly, plus if you read all the Narnia books they have vastly different characters and settings.

Sergeant Tibbs

I hope I get to see these sets. I didnt get to see the Haunted Mansion ones. I am very very excited about this movie though. thank you Celestia for the trailer link:wave:

imagineersrock

Remus said:

While I agree that I think this film will do quite well, (VERY well for that matter) I highly doubt the sets would be around for something as long as 2 years. Look at the sets they've had in the past, or sets at Universal Orlando or Hollywood. It's really nothing more than a quick gimmick: Movie does well + theme park = display the sets in the park! .....a few months after the popularity surrounding the film wears off, the sets go.

The sets will just be around for a few months, once the film is no longer in theaters, the excitement will die off. The longest the sets would ever stay around for would be until the release of the film on DVD... And even that seems like quite a stretch.

Thats just my 2 cents.:)

CTXRover

mkepcotmgmak said:
is there going to be a waterfall on everest, like the matterhorn at dl?

Just in case you didn't notice, Thrawn already answered a question about the waterfall and its location earlier in this thread. Specifically post #28: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1296722&postcount=28 If you look at some of the pictures you can see the "groove" for the waterfall carved into the mountain to the left of the big drop. Same place as in the concept art :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom